Target122

100 Game T110E5 Solo Challenge

After reading other people's challenges specifically Gashtag's E5 challenge I decided I want to give it a shot and see how good I actually am in the E5 and in pubs in general. All of my replays will be uploaded. Games will be played on both east and west depending on my mood and pubbies ;) I am going to update this page with replays and session stats and will post analysis each update.

Goals

1. 65% Winrate

2. 3200 DPG

My E5 setup is pretty much standard.

zHuAmrJ.jpg

Z8v26LT.jpg

I will probably switch to Cola but right now I am credit starved.

Starting Stats

YFmhC8V.jpg

Not sure on that Marine, I took Orrie's advice and maxed out my gun's ability. Optics are only an advantage at the late game & imo clearing out a flank with comfort and high DPM is gunna give me a better chance to win & keep my pubbies (some of whom might have optics) alive. Of course I could be completely wrong but this set up has worked better for me overall.

Good luck target, I look forward to seeing how you do! :)

Recommend dropping Vents for Optics. E5 has base 400m VR, meaning it can really control the vision game when needed

I have tried this before, I found that with the corridor meta, and the large amount of maps with a brawl focus that Vents was more beneficial.

Thanks I will probably need all the luck I can get.

General rule of thumb: VR is 400m and tier 10, it gets optics. Spotting the enemy first improves effective DPM over its on-paper DPM

I can attest to that in general. The optics on my IS-7 allow me to quickly take up a forward position and start hitting enemies at ranges where they typically expect to not be seen. For example, if I quickly take B1 from the north spawn on South Coast, I can outspot TDs moving to bushes in the back and hit enemies trying to get to B1 or D3.

YMMV though. Good luck Target!

3200 DPG / 65% winrate does seem a little high, but I hope you reach it!

The optics vs vents discussion is the sand as on the T32.

I know it's off topic but how does the corridor meta promote vents? A few tenths faster reload doesn't help if you are hull down or behind a corner does it?

The E5 will be my first tier 10, so please upload as many replays as you can

When the goldless IS6 challenge was done, I found it informative that on some maps the IS6 couldn't win, on others it crushed.  If possible, or if you post all replays I will do it, but stats for each map would be great.

GOOD LUCK, and THANKS!

Good luck! Your goals, especially winrate, look pretty high, do you have reasons to expect that high results or is it just hope? Winning 65% solo in tier 10 is not easy. Still, it's nice that other than superunicums are doing something like this too. 

The optics vs vents discussion is the sand as on the T32.

I know it's off topic but how does the corridor meta promote vents? A few tenths faster reload doesn't help if you are hull down or behind a corner does it?

In a brawl a few tenths can mean the difference between you living and killing someone and you being killed...

Good luck! Your goals, especially winrate, look pretty high, do you have reasons to expect that high results or is it just hope? Winning 65% solo in tier 10 is not easy. Still, it's nice that other than superunicums are doing something like this too. 

I solo a lot and my winrate is give or take around 60% I guess you could say its hope but I think I am capable of getting at least really close.

Not sure on that Marine, I took Orrie's advice and maxed out my gun's ability. Optics are only an advantage at the late game & imo clearing out a flank with comfort and high DPM is gunna give me a better chance to win & keep my pubbies (some of whom might have optics) alive. Of course I could be completely wrong but this set up has worked better for me overall.

I do way better with Optics. Vents do very little for an already laser beam aiming gun.

Also in the E5 you often are the last few tanks alive because you could escape when a flank was overran etc. Late game is really where this shines over other heavies, so why lose that major advantage of spotting meds who are shooting you?

Im all for Optics as its frustrating not spotting things that pepper you, and the gun is already a railgun and the .2 sec reload isnt worth it IMO.

Also I know use dual rep kits as the E5 doesn`t light on fire, and it is much better IMO than food. E5 can be tracked and decimated much easier than other heavies and its easy to get ammo racked if you get side shot. So many games where you burn your rep kit, you will need one again. It has made my play night and day better.

Not counting CW, I was 3600 DMG in last 50 battles and 3300 in last 100. I was avging 3100 Wn8. But CW ruined my 3rd mark, as we either steamrolled enemy or I had to sacrifice.

I was at 93.9%

General rule of thumb: VR is 400m and tier 10, it gets optics. Spotting the enemy first improves effective DPM over its on-paper DPM

Not to mention you farm another 15% exp from spotting your own targets you shoot at.

The First 10 games are done!

Session Stats

3a5wR7l.jpg

It was a bit tough I had a few bad matches warming up, 65% winrate is going to be tough, DPG seems easily doable though.

Game 1 on Prok the Arty limited my ability to shoot at the base of the hill, and the team just kinda folded.

Game 2 on Fjords I missed some shots which was bad but the team just steamrolled.

Game 3 on Serene Coast I missed some shots on the light tanks and donated my tank to a hull down T95 by far my worst game of the 10.

Game 4 on Fisherman's Bay was pretty good for me.

Game 5 on Westfield was also a good game for me.

Game 6 on Tundra I got clicked and played really poorly on the hill.

Game 7 on Arctic Region I tried to go to the rock but I did not have much success there.

Game 8 on Fisherman's Bay was a decent game for me I did not notice any glaring mistakes.

Game 9 on Arctic Region I rekt the pubbies that went the on the Ice road.

Game 10 on Ruinburg on Fire I played poorly gave away 5-6 hundred HP for free bad scraping ect.

The replays are here, http://www.mediafire.com/download/zc1dg21hc6yna8d/First_10_Games.zip

I would love to know what you guys think, and any pointers you guys could give me.

I would love to know what you guys think, and any pointers you guys could give me.

As far as I know, there's a big difference between 58% regular solo pub winrate (where I'm guessing you're at, unless you only solo) and 60%, and a MUCH larger one between 60 and 65%. Are you sure you're capable of it? I sincerely hope you're able to manage, it's just that it seems rather ambitious to me.

As far as I know, there's a big difference between 58% regular solo pub winrate (where I'm guessing you're at, unless you only solo) and 60%, and a MUCH larger one between 60 and 65%. Are you sure you're capable of it? I sincerely hope you're able to manage, it's just that it seems rather ambitious to me.

I am not really convinced that 60% is not that much harder than 58% also the past week I have been playing at 66% and past 30 days I have been playing at 61% so I figured 60% was too low of a goal to shoot for.

Update number 2 I had some time today so I banged out 5 games and 5 wins.

emsHgjK.jpg

Game 1 I should have tried harder to keep the 2 Tds next to me alive. I also bounced the E5 way to many times

Game 2 I missed a shot on the Fv183 and arty cost me at least 2k dmg

Game 3 I missed some snap shots which cost my life

Game 4 Rekt nuff said

Game 5 ehh

Replays are here http://www.mediafire.com/download/2jj7hau2uau30ya/5_Games.zip

What's up with your credit loss? Are you not running premium or are you running food? Also I think you may be setting yourself up for failure with those goals you set, I think 60%  and 3k dpg would have been more realistic but yet still a challenge! Good luck though, prove me wrong!

What's up with your credit loss? Are you not running premium or are you running food? Also I think you may be setting yourself up for failure with those goals you set, I think 60%  and 3k dpg would have been more realistic but yet still a challenge! Good luck though, prove me wrong!

I have been running food recently and I have been playing terribly awful. I totaled up my stats for the first 47 games I have a 61% winrate and 3k dpg. So you are definitely right about those goals being more realistic. I am very confident though that I can finish strong and make them.

Running food is really hard on the credits, do you find a noticeable difference in how the tank performs? I have never really run food with the e5 since it's soft stats are pretty decent. Did you get your 2nd mark on the e5 yet? Keep up the good work, those numbers are pretty good for solo!