KenadianCSJ

Dealing with 5x pubbies

Ok, so we've all heard (and many of us uttered) the complaints about 5x pubbies being especially window licky. But the common retort is that they are spread evenly across the teams, so you should benefit as much as you suffer from it, so it shouldn't matter in the end. I can't seem to find the truth in this. Maybe it's me getting pissed off and playing poorly, or maybe I'm getting them on my team more often than not in small sample sizes, but I can't seem to win nearly as often as I should be able to during these events. Is there a special way to coax these pubbies into not being idiots? Is there a way to shepard the lemmings more so than usual? Other than platooning, of course. I can't seem to carry for shit.

But the common retort is that they are spread evenly across the teams, so you should benefit as much as you suffer from it, so it shouldn't matter in the end. I can't seem to find the truth in this. 

Uzfb5PL.png

It is a good thing to have a thread about how bad players are on special weekends.  Amazing no one ever brought it up before.

If you want anything from your pubbies offer gold and suddenly they play a thousand times better. 

If I had that much gold, I'd just play my IS6 all the time and free xp through shit. Avoid the tomatos entirely.

Uzfb5PL.png

More flat for a baddie of my stature.

It is a good thing to have a thread about how bad players are on special weekends.  Amazing no one ever brought it up before.

At the very least, I'm a highly original artist.

Umm yeah this is very false. I played something like 100+ games during the 5x weekend and instead of all the bullshit ive been hearing like bad wr in 5x, my WR skyrocketed.

Let me pull up the stats for this 5x weekend on noobmeter...

K here:

http://www.noobmeter.com/recent/na/Victrixen/1010798280/1010798280_00001700_20141128_002806/1010798280_00001814_20141130_123336

This 5x weekend thing seems to be a scapegoat for bad play. I have seen a lot of shit teams during the 5x, but not more than usual.

Id wager it is no better or worse on a 5x, but still subject to random strings of bad.  On the 5x weekend, I had over 130 games played in 4 seperate days (usually 30 or so games a day).  3 days of that I was over 60% win rate, one day I was in the 30% range. Couldn't win to save my life, but a lot of that was new premium tanks and a horrible learning curve for the T-34-3.  Otherwise, pretty normal weekend.

Umm yeah this is very false. I played something like 100+ games during the 5x weekend and instead of all the bullshit ive been hearing like bad wr in 5x, my WR skyrocketed.

Let me pull up the stats for this 5x weekend on noobmeter...

K here:

http://www.noobmeter.com/recent/na/Victrixen/1010798280/1010798280_00001700_20141128_002806/1010798280_00001814_20141130_123336

This 5x weekend thing seems to be a scapegoat for bad play. I have seen a lot of shit teams during the 5x, but not more than usual.

Maybe. Maybe it just gets to the point where I expect pubbies to be worse than usual, get in a sour mood, and this only gets reinforced in a self-fulfilling prophesy of sorts. Leading to shittier play than usual.

Maybe. Maybe it just gets to the point where I expect pubbies to be worse than usual, get in a sour mood, and this only gets reinforced in a self-fulfilling prophesy of sorts. Leading to shittier play than usual.

I uninstalled color and win chance of xvm, this way I play relatively the same every game, regardless of the team. If I see them  making good decisions, they become my push buddy, if they do stupid shit, they become my meatshield.

This boosted my WR so much it's ridiculous. Still same WN8 range though...

I uninstalled color and win chance of xvm, this way I play relatively the same every game, regardless of the team. If I see them  making good decisions, they become my push buddy, if they do stupid shit, they become my meatshield.

This boosted my WR so much it's ridiculous. Still same WN8 range though...

I've found myself keeping colour on for almost my own vanity sometimes. Probably will ditch it again. WR has long been off. I know how you feel on a stagnating performance though. I potato too much, giving inconsistent results. So I don't progress.

Sometimes I wonder maybe if having a 5x wasted on a quick cap or a win where you died early might lead to people getting more frustrated and going on tilt more often than on a normal weekend. Especially for the more average players who don't consistently perform well, getting your 5x on a 200 xp win instead of a 1000 xp win seems like it would be a sure way to getting mad and frustrated and not playing properly, not to mention spreading a surprisingly contagious foul mood.

I think the biggest thing with weekends is everybody playing tanks they don't like just for the x5 and just trying to get through it, but there is always somebody doing something stupid on either team in any game played 24/7.

I think the biggest thing with weekends is everybody playing tanks they don't like just for the x5 and just trying to get through it, but there is always somebody doing something stupid on either team in any game played 24/7.

I do this and also my stock grinds on tanks that I'm not trying to grind through quickly. Half as many stock games without spending free xp, yes please.

I still haven't seen any real proof that x5s are wonkier than normal. IIRC Neatoman even posted some evidence that they were about the same as normal during his study of XVM win chance.

Meh, I ran 47% out of 87 games this weekend. Not too out of the ordinary. Agree with Lightnin also. I'm sure it didn't help that a lot of my games were 12t, Chi-Nu, 25/2, 3001D, and BDR, most somewhat stock. Shit stock tanks do not allow wins.

This weekend pushed me to my breaking point. It has been long coming since its been 5x for weeks now, but the last few days just killed my desire to give a fuck.

Since the grass is always greener where one is not, I went over to EU to talk shit to commies and butthurt siemas. This usually gives me some joy. Sigh. I have no words what I saw there.

Game has gone to total shit. Somebody hold my hand so I can survive the last part of the campaign and uninstall 

If you come across one of my tirades, keep in mind its nothing personal and im on at least 8 game losing streak by the time I start going off on people. So hold my hand and tell me it will get better? account for sale. 20$ cause it sure as fuck aint worth a dime logging into this piece of communist shit anymore full of inbreds the director of wrong turn could have only dreamed of

<insert stupid rage here>

I had a great time during the x5 weekend.  I'm just a slightly better than average player, but did 58% in 179 games.  Each day, I'd play the few tanks I needed the x5 on, then played the rest for free XP.  I started at tier 1 and played up to tier 5 before I ran out of time.  (I've kept all the tanks I like)

Tiers 1 and 2 were hilarious with everything from complete noobs to triple purple platoons.  Got enough free XP to equipe a few more tanks when i have the credits to buy them (I rarely play stock).

Had a fantastic 5x weekend. Even the games you lose the opprotunity is there to do significant damge by leveraging the terrible play of the opposing team. You also aren't competing as hard to actually get damge in before your team kills the other. In addition you have the opportunity to have a much bigger impact on the game based on your improved damage and the fact that many will follow your lead. All that being said there are some habits they have like capping out when it's 10 vs 5 instead of farming the damage. They are so keen to get the win at any cost they just dont think. Their fear of losing drives some really bad behaviours.

Turned out to be almost exactly average for me. Streaky, but average.

54/37/47/54 (including Thursday in there for scale :D )

My biggest frustration - as always - is my WN8. 800 one day, 1500 the next. I think the teams are less predictable when X5 happens and for sure I had some BAAAAD teams. But also had some straight up purple carry stomp hard games where I had a hard time finding anything alive to shoot at. :D

I like to call X5 weekends the 'Pocky's gonna get a new tier 10' weekend as I can just whore my 80 odd tanks for x5 freexp and almost instantly unlock whatever I please.

I love x5. I throw atats out the window and just want dem juiciy xps.