Gromstorm

AMX Chasseur de Chars Super Op

Here it finally is. The Leopard 1 Premium, French Tier 8 Prem

Tier: 8 French MT

Price: 11500 gold

Crew: 4 (commander/radioman, gunner, driver, loader)

Hitpoints: 1400

Weight: 33,725

Maximum speed: 57/18

Engine horsepower: 1200

Power-to-weight: 35,58

Traverse: 38

Turret traverse: 34

Terrain resistance: 0,8/0,9/1,8

Hull armor: 30/20/20

Turret armor: 30/20/20

Gun: 90mm AC DCA 45

Penetration: 212/259/45

Damage: 240/240/320

ROF: 8,57

Aimtime: 2,1

Accuracy: 0,34

Depression: -10/+20

Ammo carried: 90

View range: 390

Radio range: 750

Would instantly purchase hands down no brainier.  Even without Pref MM, this thing is closest to a Leopard 1 clone there is, and its a money maker.

Too good to be true???

If it stays like this, I will buy it as soon as it gets released. Imagine special mm...well screw it even if it has +2 i can use it in Stronkholds.

Looks pretty good, though T49 HE or RU251 HESH is gonna be bad given they will go to the same areas of the maps.

Now if they'd buff the French TD line aim time in tier 7+...

Looking at the armor lay-out, that pointed 70mm mantlet could generate some good bounces. Maybe take it up to a really far forward hull-down location, hit them 2-3 times, then run off to snipe from camo?

OP ? On which  piece of frakkin shit corridor map ?

Git gud liptuš :S It's still awesome, I really loved the Leo PTA and this seems like a mix between Leo1 & FCM50t & maybe t-50-2? lel.

OP ? On which  piece of frakkin shit corridor map ?

It's Op because despite its total absence of Armour the -10 degrees of gun depression allows it to use every single piece of terrain and only show a mere sliver of its turret similar to playing the Leopard1.  Lets re-examine what its got going for it in the firepower Department.

Penetration: 212/259/45

Damage: 240/240/320

ROF: 8,57

Aimtime: 2,1

Accuracy: 0,34

Depression: -10/+20

Ammo carried: 90

Consider if you will that you have very good pen with amazing aim time for snap shotting, great accuracy and all this is magnified by the -10 depression.  Your not jockying around looking to get the nose down exposing yourself to shots, Just aim and snap shot. The ROF also means you get 2050 DPM before the bonus' from equipment, Rammers, BIA etc start to come online.

The flex speed is amazing from that Crazy Hp/Ton ratio. This is a truly great tank for experienced/ good players. A Pinata for everyone else.  Perhaps difficult to carry games without Armour, but a great money maker. Makes the FCM 50T completly obsolete as this will no doubt have better camo too. Nice Ammo Capacity as well. You can shoot like crazy.

I am picking it gets a nerf, changed, too good to be released and needs a re balance before launch.

When it finds Tier 8 games it will feast....

As it stands its an easy purchase.  I bet it won't stand.

Gun handling is shit though. Same as IS-6.

After shot and Turret/Vehicle full speed traverse are even far worse.

VvmUdV4.jpg

For guys with a FCM 50t... start grinding a loader for the AMX CdC.

Gun handling is shit though. Same as IS-6.

After shot and Turret/Vehicle full speed traverse are even far worse.

VvmUdV4.jpg

For guys with a FCM 50t... start grinding a loader for the AMX CdC.

Somebody remove this guy. He speaks Heretical Things...  Wargaming would never ever screw up a good tank with hidden soft stats now would they!

Copying from the other thread

Word out on the streets is that this will be a RU server mission reward, but I haven't heard any confirmation on it.  IIRC SS also said that the T-34-85M mission would not be on the RU server, so I guess that does make sense there.  No guarantees if this is how it'll be though.

Would buy this in an instant though some hidden stats would mess this up, but hey not like the Bat Chat is known for great gun handling, so this does fit well as a crew trainer for French Mediums.

Would presume most people would have a damn good crew for this tank. Basically seems like it's a smaller, lower profile, 50T with better gun depression and power to weight, but with total paper armour rather than cardboard armour. 

6.3 second reload I think with rammer, it can afford to spam a few shots and miss. 

It looks like the most worthwhile one to buy, bar maybe the STA-2 IF that one gets preferential MM.

Panther 88 looks like a pile of rubbish. 

It's very simple:

Special MM = I probably buy it.

Standard MM = Probably not. I don't need a money-maker. And I don't have fun in tier8 atm, don't even play other t8 tanks that I have.

Panther 88 is confirmed as NOT receiving special MM. What a waste...

FCM50T with 212 pen gets special MM and the Panther 88 doesn't. No logic

Panther 88 is confirmed as NOT receiving special MM. What a waste...

FCM50T with 212 pen gets special MM and the Panther 88 doesn't. No logic

I'd presume because of the Panther 2, the FCM benefits from no real French medium tank counterpart on tier 8.

Trouble is the Panther 2 is just a below par tank on tier 8, so a premium version of it with the same gun getting preferential MM would mean it was better, it;s like the same with the Fury, which has a crap gun for tier 6 but a Fury with pref MM would be better than the Easy8 because it has the same gun. 

It's very simple:

Special MM = I probably buy it.

Standard MM = Probably not. I don't need a money-maker. And I don't have fun in tier8 atm, don't even play other t8 tanks that I have.

On current stats it doesn't need pref MM.

As far as I can tell it will basically be the best tier 8 medium that also happens to be a premium, IF they don't change it. 

- More health than everything bar the Cent 1, Sta- 1, Panther 2 and Pershing.

- It has ELC AMX levels of agility, (same hull traverse, 1.5 less hp/ton), closest hp/ton is T-44 at 19.91! 

- Fastest top speed.

- 2nd highest DPM

- Joint 3rd highest pen.

- Best aim time. 

- Joint 2nd best accuracy.

- Joint 2nd best terrain resistance.

- Joint best gun depression.

It will presumably have decent camo as well being fairly small and low profile.

Aside the paper armour, for decent players this thing will be great fun to play and will make money.

Even in tier 10s it will essentially be a hyped up Ru-251 with a slower top speed, but more HP, better gun. 

For bad players, it will die in seconds, 

In case you're interested, T67 has similar bloom values. But it has much shorter aim time and less bloom for turret traverse. When moving, it can't hit a broad side of a barn. It snapshots very poorly as well.

I thought of this tank as "must buy" but with those bloom values... I kinda lost my enthusiasm.

In case you're interested, T67 has similar bloom values. But it has much shorter aim time and less bloom for turret traverse. When moving, it can't hit a broad side of a barn. It snapshots very poorly as well.

I thought of this tank as "must buy" but with those bloom values... I kinda lost my enthusiasm.

Comparisons to the Cromwell? because that has terrible bloom and can't fit a v-stab and is still for me the best tier 6 medium. 

Plus with base aim time 2.1s and 0.34, to work with then bloom can be largely compensated for with V-stab, vents, BIA, smooth ride, snap shot etc. if needed. 

This tank needs balancing factors because at the moment it looks like a tier 8 light with normal MM, more health and a better gun. 

Well STB-1 has way better bloom values and many 'cums complain that it's barely playable. Take STB's values, increase them by like 50% and you have AMX CdC bloom values.

Still probably the most fun premtank around, so yeah - if you need money, this is the one to get.

Unless they buff FV4202's top speed.

Well STB-1 has way better bloom values and many 'cums complain that it's barely playable. Take STB's values, increase them by like 50% and you have AMX CdC bloom values.

Still probably the most fun premtank around, so yeah - if you need money, this is the one to get.

Unless they buff FV4202's top speed.

Fun is important with premium tanks.

You also have to think raw stats + dispersion for overall gun handling, AMX has both a more accurate gun and faster aim time than STB-1

Yeh FV speed to 45/50, or at least 40 then it's decent, though those gun handling stats murder the B barrel.