Gromstorm

AMX Chasseur de Chars Super Op

7 hours ago, MonoPanda said:

Thank you for the advice!

Also it really is a shit tank. It makes OK credits but other tanks make better. It isn't even a good crew trainer, the loader loses situational awareness so you get gimped on view range. I leave my crew in my amx 30 and batchat for training now and the cdc just sits there doing nothing. I can't tell you enough DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF SHIT!

So I've been playing a few games in this thing now and here's a common situation I run into (except getting hit regularly for 1000+ by arty):

East spawn on Fjords. I am top tier with a few other soft 8s. They have the IS-3s and IS-6 as their top tiers, meaning south corner is theirs.  I don't want to go middle because the engagement range is close and this thing gets chewed up in short/medium range peek and poke. Even the tier 6s just autoaim and click since I get overmatched by every gun in the game everywhere.  Also don't want to go middle since they will likely dominate the south and then be able to fire into the middle from the southern corner once they cross it. 

So that leaves north. I get up there first and crest from cover put one into a pershing only to get snapshotted as I back up. I have an E25 and another couple mediums with me, they have another couple mediums behind them. Pubbies start derping out or trying to snipe from draw at guys in the middle instead of doing work with the guys in front of us. It is the same mid-range engagement where firing from camo is impossible with a 400+ VR pershing right in front of me. We are already losing south and there is just nowhere to engage favorably.  I can't lead any sort of charge because I've already lost 400 HP in trades and would be autoaimed out in 5-6 seconds by the 3/4 tier 6-8 mediums in front of me. 

It's situations in maps like this where even (or especially) as top tier I feel powerless. You are forced into mid-range brawls or peek & pokes, the enemy team comp gives them a distinct advantage and there is nowhere favourable to engage. I am over 60% in my FCM over 140 games, so it's not like I am unused to big, fast frenchies, but I find games like the above very discouraging. 

So I've been playing a few games in this thing now and here's a common situation I run into (except getting hit regularly for 1000+ by arty):

East spawn on Fjords. I am top tier with a few other soft 8s. They have the IS-3s and IS-6 as their top tiers, meaning south corner is theirs.  I don't want to go middle because the engagement range is close and this thing gets chewed up in short/medium range peek and poke. Even the tier 6s just autoaim and click since I get overmatched by every gun in the game everywhere.  Also don't want to go middle since they will likely dominate the south and then be able to fire into the middle from the southern corner once they cross it. 

So that leaves north. I get up there first and crest from cover put one into a pershing only to get snapshotted as I back up. I have an E25 and another couple mediums with me, they have another couple mediums behind them. Pubbies start derping out or trying to snipe from draw at guys in the middle instead of doing work with the guys in front of us. It is the same mid-range engagement where firing from camo is impossible with a 400+ VR pershing right in front of me. We are already losing south and there is just nowhere to engage favorably.  I can't lead any sort of charge because I've already lost 400 HP in trades and would be autoaimed out in 5-6 seconds by the 3/4 tier 6-8 mediums in front of me. 

It's situations in maps like this where even (or especially) as top tier I feel powerless. You are forced into mid-range brawls or peek & pokes, the enemy team comp gives them a distinct advantage and there is nowhere favourable to engage. I am over 60% in my FCM over 140 games, so it's not like I am unused to big, fast frenchies, but I find games like the above very discouraging. 

This is just a product of the brawling corridor meta that's been pushed by WG's map reworks and the great TD nerf. If this tank got released in the pre-8.11 era, it would be able to carry through vision games alone, since most matches had 8+ TDs on each side and they went through heavies like butter anyway so armor didn't matter for shit. 

Now? Buy an IS-3A or platoon with some Tier 8 heavies. Otherwise, just accept your fate and farm as much damage as possible. 

I dont like CDC either.   

Big and no armour. Rather drive my Bat Chat that earns good amount of credits.

Maybe sell it , and buy strong coffee instead..   :disco:

This tank is a steaming pile of poo in pub battles. The garbage gun handling and being the size of a barn with less armor than a barn relegates it to pretty much a bitch sniper role (which happens to be my least favorite role in tanks).

The only real upside is that it trains my batchat crew and makes good credits while doing it. I almost never fire APCR and I've actually started running coffee to help with the gun handling (I figure if it helps me land an extra shot every game or two it isn't even that big of a loss).

On 1/29/2016 at 7:04 AM, dualmaster333 said:

This tank is a steaming pile of poo in pub battles. The garbage gun handling and being the size of a barn with less armor than a barn relegates it to pretty much a bitch sniper role (which happens to be my least favorite role in tanks).

The only real upside is that it trains my batchat crew and makes good credits while doing it. I almost never fire APCR and I've actually started running coffee to help with the gun handling (I figure if it helps me land an extra shot every game or two it isn't even that big of a loss).

Agree D-M.  Been having trouble in mine, but I love the crew training and I may be making the switch to coffee (my French femme fatales need a little boost). Shots going to the bottom of the reticle are a real problem

Had a game assaulting in San River yesterday in BT9 and it felt like I should be doing something to dominate with its speed a depression, but nope. Every time you poke there are invisi TD's on the defending hills smacking you down and with a campy pubbie team you just watch the clock wind down. Ugh.

@TheMarine0341 , can we run a few games some time? My FCM stats are worlds beyond my CDC and I want to like this tank so bad.

Jesus this thing gets focused. It might be me but 3/4 of my first 15 games someone just went straight yolo to kill me.

It feels like driving a golden t59 

Fucking have to run food on this bitch to make it work, otherwise it's a steaming pile of wait for 5 seconds to fully aim to hit the fucking target mother fucking shit this tank gives me aidscancerbola holy fuck

Gets from point A to point B quickly though

49 minutes ago, Shifty_101st said:

Fucking have to run food on this bitch to make it work, otherwise it's a steaming pile of wait for 5 seconds to fully aim to hit the fucking target mother fucking shit this tank gives me aidscancerbola holy fuck

Gets from point A to point B quickly though

Yeah, I'm really not loving this thing. You have to aim your shots, none of your opponents do. Camo is not spectacular, and given your bulk getting bushed isnt always a piece of cake. 

4 games this morning . down 5-1 6-2 and 7-1 in first 4 minutes in each then TKd by our own arty while brawling in the last one. FAAAAAK. 

The tank is so underwhelming. Shitty gun stats + no armor mean you take more damage than you should. Any other new prems that are usable?

In the old meta I'd like it but now? I hate it. I'd rather have the FCM without pref than this. The gun is so fucking unusable and is3 loading he and penning for 500+ dmg is just not cool

I've finally settled on running Vstab, Rammer, Optics, and Coffee on this. I've been running with vents instead of Optics forever with the thought that the gun handling needs all the help it can get. But I started noticing too many times where the extra view range would be useful so I put Optics back on and will never go back. Especially in higher tier games where you gun is garbage to begin with, it is nice to at least be able to do some vision control. Plus, the gun handling is still super trash even with vents so removing them makes little noticeable difference. I'm also running Coffee because that is a nice boost for just 10k credits each game. I don't spend credits on much other than ammo and consumables anymore anyways.

I've been doing GLD, Rammer, Vert + food since the gun control seems to be a big sore spot, but I could see optics too. Any way you slice it this thing is just way too situational, on a nice open map it really pulls its weight but in all the cities and choke points it's seriously gimped due to its inability to engage without getting wrecked. Either they need to remove the artificial ground resistance mobility nerf and let it be light tank fast or it needs to lose some of the excessive turret bloom.

1 hour ago, dualmaster333 said:

I've finally settled on running Vstab, Rammer, Optics, and Coffee on this. I've been running with vents instead of Optics forever with the thought that the gun handling needs all the help it can get. But I started noticing too many times where the extra view range would be useful so I put Optics back on and will never go back. Especially in higher tier games where you gun is garbage to begin with, it is nice to at least be able to do some vision control. Plus, the gun handling is still super trash even with vents so removing them makes little noticeable difference. I'm also running Coffee because that is a nice boost for just 10k credits each game. I don't spend credits on much other than ammo and consumables anymore anyways.

I've been running Coffee on mine for a long time, and my experience (like yours) has been that it's worth it - it only has to save you from taking damage one or twice/allow you to land one or two more shots to be break-even.  Even if it comes out in the same place credits-wise, the tank feels much more fun and playable with it.  TL;DR - if it means you make the same net credits per match while being more effective, that seems like a very reasonable trade-off to me.

I'll have to try swapping out my vents for optics.

Xq7u34Q.jpg

That's probably the last pub game I'll ever play in this tank. It's just so terribly awful for how I like to play tanks. The win rate is a good 5% lower than all my other tier 8 tanks and 10% below my better ones. It just doesn't have anything good going for it.

I want so desperately to like this tank, mostly because it prints money, but also because I want to go down the amx13 line soon for a bat chat and the 30B. I'm currently using the CDC to train a crew I'll put in the 12t, the move up to the 13's, and if I decide to keep the 13 90 and the 30 proto then I'm going to need an extra 3 medium crews, and at this point I'm considering training them all on the FCM in advance.

I've made the CDC somewhat bearable by running vert, GLD and vents. I found that I never made use of the rammer, since firing a second shot always meant taking return fire. Once I've backed off, waited for my spot to time out then moved forward somewhere else and aimed, I'd already been loaded for 3-4 seconds.

I'm considering running coffee, but I didn't stock up on enough when they were on sale, so it would soon be 20k per game, and I'm permanently in need of more credits.

I'm a heavy player of batchat and bought this tank, i find it ok and don't understand why all this hate.

It's not that bad ... big and paper armor but it's ok, good reload you can do some good money with this tank

I think people are just butt-hurt about French aim times being so bad.  Presumably your crew has to wipe croissant crumbs out of their mustaches before aiming the gun.  The gun itself is quite accurate however, so snapshots can be pretty successful and camosniping works well.  Also having 212 AP pen on a medium is nice.  In general you don't really have to worry about not being able to scratch people because you're fast enough to flank anyone you can't pen in the front.

I like the tank...

I lost a game because an actual bot spamming HE penned my turret. 

I had never felt so stupid.

It was glorious.

9 hours ago, dcmcilrath said:

I think people are just butt-hurt about French aim times being so bad.  Presumably your crew has to wipe croissant crumbs out of their mustaches before aiming the gun.  The gun itself is quite accurate however, so snapshots can be pretty successful and camosniping works well.  Also having 212 AP pen on a medium is nice.  In general you don't really have to worry about not being able to scratch people because you're fast enough to flank anyone you can't pen in the front.

I like the tank...

I like it as a credit earner, since it does print silver and you don't have to use much APCR, but snapshots absolutely do not work on this tissue box. It feels like I'm driving a tier 6 tank that aims in a little faster. Kind of regretting buying it now that the Mutz is available.

On 2016/2/12 at 4:21 PM, sa_p said:

I'm a heavy player of batchat and bought this tank, i find it ok and don't understand why all this hate.

It's not that bad ... big and paper armor but it's ok, good reload you can do some good money with this tank

At some point after the CDC was discovered to actually not be OP and have some flaws it became fashionable to hate on it like it's the worst thing ever (hint: the tier 8 JP meds are worse).

Also it apparently got power-creeped by some recently-released premium meds which is a pity. WG can't really have French be the best at anything anymore.

Looking at the tanks' winrate vs account winrate curves, it looks like the CDC falls off very badly with skill. Once you hit 58-59% account WR, the CDC starts becoming a liability. Once you're in your mid-60s, the tank becomes quite legitimately horrible.

Its a bit interesting, because the norm is for fast, unarmored tanks to be very bad for your average joe yet better for good drivers. The CDC seems to take it too far, because oranges, greens, and blues perform absolutely fine in the tank while purples suffer. It doesn't have the skill ceiling that the mobility seems to suggest it has.

If you want to compare the curves to the STA-1, the CDC is slightly better for greens, about identical for blues, but much worse for purples. A 60%er gets ~60.5% winrate in the STA-1, while he'll only get ~58% in the CDC. The better the player, the larger this gap gets.