Jump to content
Gromstorm

AMX Chasseur de Chars Super Op

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

Consider the mobility alone is fair trade and okay trade, but once added other attributes things started to get really dirty. Even though mobility of CDC is... I would rather 44-100.

Armour, both tanks are paper thin, but I think CDC is the first prem that came in to tell people HE does more than 100. More paper tanks and paper side armour came in and now HE meta. But armour is only consider when one is being hit, survivability onion right?

Gun however, if they buff the gun CDC might be a lot different. I think what makes it an outstanding garage guardian has more to do with its gun than its armour, having normal matchmaking but only a comparable gun with FCM. less aim time 0.03 more turret dispersion, I don't judge. I think what makes Ravioli and Lorraine tick is their gun capabilities.

The thing is CDC would work if the top speed was higher. Then it would be a derpy scout. But 59kph and shit traverse means it's just a fast med. WG should just make it a prem light tank given how many prem french meds there are already. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hazzgar said:

I still don't get how people though a slightly faster but prone to he FCM without pref mm is better. It's like claiming giving the is6 less armor and 5kph more top speed would make up for throwing away pref mm. 

Look at the garage stats of the CDC ! They are quite incredible ! The only thing that makes this tank subpar is those STUPID HIDDEN STATS that you can’t see when buying the tank unless you go on tanks.gg. Stupid ground resistance !! This tank has ground resistance of a tank stuck bogged down in mud for 10 years ! Look at the gun handling !! holly shit !

 

 

When it was announced and when we hadn’t seen the hidden stats this tank looked EXTREMELY promising.

 

 

Now I used to say this tank was EXTREMELY BAD, the worsts of the T8prem’s ! But it so happened that I had to improve my 13-90 crew to 30P and after another 100 games I have to say it’s still grim, I did enjoy it a bit more then the last big session I had with it, but it’s not.. anything amazeball !

 

 

Even the speed !! it’s just 57kp/h.. I mean on short distance you eat anyone.. But on long distances not so much.. You have the pilot, the 8.8, 44-100 and even the centurion goes 50 kp/h now ! The speed advantage is just not worth the armo and gun handling that you get.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DHP said:

Look at the garage stats of the CDC ! They are quite incredible ! The only thing that makes this tank subpar is those STUPID HIDDEN STATS that you can’t see when buying the tank unless you go on tanks.gg. Stupid ground resistance !! This tank has ground resistance of a tank stuck bogged down in mud for 10 years ! Look at the gun handling !! holly shit !

 

 

When it was announced and when we hadn’t seen the hidden stats this tank looked EXTREMELY promising.

 

 

Now I used to say this tank was EXTREMELY BAD, the worsts of the T8prem’s ! But it so happened that I had to improve my 13-90 crew to 30P and after another 100 games I have to say it’s still grim, I did enjoy it a bit more then the last big session I had with it, but it’s not.. anything amazeball !

 

 

Even the speed !! it’s just 57kp/h.. I mean on short distance you eat anyone.. But on long distances not so much.. You have the pilot, the 8.8, 44-100 and even the centurion goes 50 kp/h now ! The speed advantage is just not worth the armo and gun handling that you get.

The argument about garage stats is silly. Wotlabs is an informed community, not world of tanks official forums. I know first announcement looked good but people defended CDC a year after it was released FFS. 

 

I agree about speed. If they buffed resistances, top speed to 69-70 and turning radius the tank might be viable even with the shit gun. Though I think it would still need buffs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

The argument about garage stats is silly. Wotlabs is an informed community, not world of tanks official forums. I know first announcement looked good but people defended CDC a year after it was released FFS. 

Because its a combination of factor that created this poor tank not jut one. And you really needed to play the tank to actually feel it. Also they're was basically no tanks to compare it to at the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

The argument about garage stats is silly. Wotlabs is an informed community, not world of tanks official forums. I know first announcement looked good but people defended CDC a year after it was released FFS. 

 

I agree about speed. If they buffed resistances, top speed to 69-70 and turning radius the tank might be viable even with the shit gun. Though I think it would still need buffs. 

Compared to the other available mediums at the time, it was in the upper echelons of performance. Remember, we're talking about a time where the T44 was pretty much the only viable T8 medium and even that one was overshadowed by the T54Lwt by miles. And since then, it only got worse, as one by one, almost every T8 medium got buffed, some even twice and interestingly enough, most got buffed where they actually needed buffing. So now you are talking about a tank, that is, at best, unremarkable, compared to the competition and especially now, that the Lorraine 40t has entered the fray, a medium with an autoloader and reasonable gun-handling and stats, that can easily keep up with non RU251-lights? Yeah, go figure (I would even go so far to assume, that the Lorraine is going to replace T8 lights in CW and SH, except for situations where you absolutely need the camo).

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DHP said:

Because its a combination of factor that created this poor tank not jut one. And you really needed to play the tank to actually feel it. Also they're was basically no tanks to compare it to at the time.

You could compare it to FCM. People claimed the CDC was better. A year is enough time to play it. 

 

16 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

Compared to the other available mediums at the time, it was in the upper echelons of performance. Remember, we're talking about a time where the T44 was pretty much the only viable T8 medium and even that one was overshadowed by the T54Lwt by miles. And since then, it only got worse, as one by one, almost every T8 medium got buffed, some even twice and interestingly enough, most got buffed where they actually needed buffing. So now you are talking about a tank, that is, at best, unremarkable, compared to the competition and especially now, that the Lorraine 40t has entered the fray, a medium with an autoloader and reasonable gun-handling and stats, that can easily keep up with non RU251-lights? Yeah, go figure (I would even go so far to assume, that the Lorraine is going to replace T8 lights in CW and SH, except for situations where you absolutely need the camo).

Patton was better, 416 was better, t44 was better, cent had turret armor back there so you could claim it had more redeemable features vs now. Sta-1 even before buffs was better.

The only tank that was obviously worse was the t34-2. The rest were in the worst case as bad as the CDC. I played the CDC right after it was released and I had no idea how it could be said it's a good tank. I liked the FCM back then but this? LOL. Worse mm, slightly worse gun and worse armor for what? a bit more speed?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@hazzgar I don’t.. I don’t understand.. You go on about how easy it was to see that the CDC was utter crap even before it came yet you bought it… What gives ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DHP said:

@hazzgar I don’t.. I don’t understand.. You go on about how easy it was to see that the CDC was utter crap even before it came yet you bought it… What gives ??

When CDC came out I was a 51% idiot who had little experience with high triers. I actually learned to play high triers right around I found my CDC since I found wotlabs only a few months before and only around that time my stats started rising. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Patton was better, 416 was better, t44 was better, cent had turret armor back there so you could claim it had more redeemable features vs now. Sta-1 even before buffs was better.

None of those were premiums. T-34-3 pre buffs and SP didn't play like traditional mediums, and Type-59 wasn't up for sale.

CDC was part of the first batch (along T-54 proto. and STA-2) of actual T8 medium premiums people could buy. It's crap by today's standards, but at the time of release, it was the best of the bunch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sapros said:

None of those were premiums. T-34-3 pre buffs and SP didn't play like traditional mediums, and Type-59 wasn't up for sale.

CDC was part of the first batch (along T-54 proto. and STA-2) of actual T8 medium premiums people could buy. It's crap by today's standards, but at the time of release, it was the best of the bunch.

 

He said mediums and used a t-44 as an example of meds back then. T34-3 had pref MM so by that alone it was better though it was not a real medium and still if you complain Spersh is not a real medium then you can claim FCM is a real medium and play it like one. Also t54proto is better than the CDC. It has been powercreeped to death but at least it doesn't have to run from light tanks and isn't dinner for everyone pressing 3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people wanted an actual medium to grind their credits in, and there weren't many better alternatives, that's all there is to it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sapros said:

A lot of people wanted an actual medium to grind their credits in, and there weren't many better alternatives, that's all there is to it. 

Basically this. I was one of those who thought CDC might became a Prem TD (as it is). And yes it was the number of french prems available at that time being one big reason to fall into, just look at the price of the CDC compare to FCM, ignore all those fancy limited blink blink blink and those buffs to other first batch regular mm tanks. If I had to spend that amount to buy a heavy and as well pay for its crew training cost why should't I just save a few bucks for tea bags and get an actual medium?

I mean if we are comparing premiums, don't forget the price tag that came along with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

So now you are talking about a tank, that is, at best, unremarkable, compared to the competition and especially now, that the Lorraine 40t has entered the fray, a medium with an autoloader and reasonable gun-handling and stats, that can easily keep up with non RU251-lights

Platooned with a friend in my Lorraine, and he in his CDC the other day. CDC's mobility is so marginally better than the Lorraine's as to be unnoticeable. CDC's 10 degrees of gun depression is nice, but other than that I see no reason to take the CDC over the Lorraine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sapros said:

A lot of people wanted an actual medium to grind their credits in, and there weren't many better alternatives, that's all there is to it. 

Well I wanted to train my BC crew. The thing is still why people were claiming it is awesome so long after release. I know prems used to be shit then but FCM was straight up better even without prem MM as soon as people learned to shoot HE at the CDC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I took it out for a spin. I have no clue why. I was like: It can't be that bad... Yes, it is. The only reason I am not selling it for credit, because it is so bad, that WG have to buff it sooner or later.

After the battle I just realized, it wouldn't even be OP as a tier 7.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's amazing, what proxy-nerfing can do to a (premium-)tank. Sure, the CDC was overhyped a bit back in the day, but just as Foch points out: "212 pen used to be the shizz" (paraphrased). Nowadays? Worth nothing. Which makes it worse all the more, if you consider how many of the french and british tanks were made somewhat meh in most stats, just because they had high penetration.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...