Gromstorm

AMX Chasseur de Chars Super Op

If you already fear taking the tank out... you should probably wait for a test server and try it there first... gives you time to save up as well. In the mean time just play the shit out of your T-25... that should get you some what 10-20k per game?

I don't feel like driving T-25 or Churchill III out again as I want to improve my gameplay in upper tier if possible, getting to know T8-T10 tanks and their quirks better. 

I found the Panther M10 was well playable (Played better in that than in the normal Panther) and losing with 0 damage dealt (yeah it happened once) I still made a profit with a premium account.

I finally chose not to buy any T8 premium at all in favour of one month premium time. Better save the money for free xping purpose latter. 

Getting 3x overmatched by everything at all times is a big liability and it's not a tiny vehicle. Sure, mobility is a baked in arty protection- but splash damage, especially from big guns is also going to wreck this thing. 

At least the Leopard I doesn't have that 3x O/M problem everywhere.   Sure, gun and depression can offer some satisfying support on this thing, but so does the 50T.  Seems fun, but I'll stick with my 50t, 50-100 and French LTs. 

Bought this and it's interesting. I would not recommend it to anyone. £20 for a paper tank is a lot. -10 depression is great but if you're a mongo like me it's hard to find somewhere big enough for this tank to take advantage of it. No mantlet means you never get those freaky bounces. In 30+ games I have bounced one shell. Not exaggerating. Just the one. Average damage bounced per game so far is 11.3 in 37 games. That E100 driver was as shocked as I was. Ammo rack damage is near certain if you are hit on the right front. It's the only tank I now run two repair packs on.

I do quite like it though.

I'm enjoying this tank. It feels competitive to drive, though I'm sure it will struggle in 10s.

Dat gun depression is pretty sweet.

If the new Frenchies playing like this I'll be a happy camper.

What account have you played it on? I was curious to compare my stats on it with someone who says they like it but it does not appear on this account. I just wanted to see the difference between my "OMG I'm suxxor in this" to your happy face.

This is very much tier 8 version of leopard 1. Though this has even less armor than leopard 1, opponents spamming HE is real problem unlike with leopard1.

Gun and gun soft stats are just same as fcm50 so very average for its tier though with good normal ammo penetration.

Feels also other ways much like fcm50 but with better camo, this does not get spotted right away when peeking over ridges middle ranges like fcm gets (fcm having heavy tank camo values)

Climbs hills really well, also acceleration from stand still is really good for first second, then those big ground resistance values start to bite and at higher speeds its not particularly nimble.

Unfortunately being newish/rare and very soft causes all kind of unwanted attention from opposition. Arties prioritizing you, autoloaders scouts doing suicide yolo rushes to kill you etc.

Unfortunately being newish/rare and very soft causes all kind of unwanted attention from opposition

I may have yolorushed one without any concern for his team-mates in Mines with my T-43 a few days ago just to see how 85mm HE fared on those 20-ish mm or armour.  :3

So.... Is CDC worth?

Nah

there's a promo for FCM 50t - you get "free" 30 day prem in addition to FCM50t's normal price

I'd go for that if I wanted a french prem

I bought it just so that when platooning with friends, I can field something with normal matchmaking, good credit making potential & fun factor that is not a scout. It is a decent support tank in a platoon with good players but I would advise against playing it solo - the soft stats & terrain passability values are not good enough for any carrying attempt. The FCM can hold its ground to some degree at least - this one cannot, at all. I tried to field it solo for roughly 30 battles and ended up with a 30% winrate @ 1.65k dpg - sad, sad, sad. 

In a platoon, it is very enjoyable because once the enemies' attention is diverted, you flank quickly and get the excellent dpm to work. Very little APCR is needed and like the FCM, it has so much ammo in storage you can afford to spam those cheap AP shells left and right without worries. The credit making potential is decent - on par with the FCM, imo - and once platooned it does shine. Platooning helped my wr recover to some degree, fortunately.

This is my best battle in it so far - not stellar but I had a fair amount of bad shots there: http://wotreplays.eu/site/1650901#live_oaks-jokobet-amx_chasseur_de_chars

TL;DR. If you want a premium tank without pref mm, you plan to play it in platoons only and you enjoy tanks like the STA-1 or the Leo 1 - buy it. If this will be your only t8 premium, you don't platoon often or you can't stand tanks without any armor - don't buy it.

I have an FCM I just would love something similar to a leo for stronks. i would not play it in pubs most likely

The RU 251 is more similar to the Leo 1 than the CDC, imo. I have my BC crew + a random loader in it (i.e. 3-4 skills including bia & offroad) and it still doesn't turn well. If u run t8 stronks, the RU 251 scouting capabilities are much better but if it is solely for flanking purposes, the CDC would work.

Got it last night and got my ace in it today, liking the tank, though not all games turn out like this lol

5WhovVK.png

But there is also this, happened in another game to the CDC on the other team, poor bastard...

10:49 [K1] Tommaxx[TBFPA] (SU- 8 dealt 931 damage to [F3] gu3eJIb[RUS-2] (AMX CDC)

Picked one up because the price is right.  IMO, the Lowe/T34 should be $35 if they are going to see T10's too.

Disclaimer: the handful of games I played were on Myanmar internet, which is a string of Burmese people in a line out of the country yelling ONE or ZERO.  ~450 ping with some packet loss.

Lots of comparisons to the FCM since A) they have the same gun, B) fulfill a similar role, C) same nationality, and D) T8 prem.  Crewed with my 5 skill Bat crew plus a 2 skill loader.

+ Camo - A true medium, it's refreshing not to get spotted at max range like in the FCM.  The camo is even workable in T10 games.  Even though the armor is worse than the FCM, I feel the overall protection is better in the CDC due to not getting shot at in the first place.

+ Mobilty

+ Gun Depression - Even in corridor meta, the gun depression makes it easy to hide the majority of the tank in cover.

+ Penetration - Can't complain.

+ No cupola - this is underrated.  When using the gun depression, the top of the turret sticks up and you often get shot before your gun is even exposed.  The curvature of the turret means that your gun is exposed just as you are exposed.  Sure you might just trade shots, but it's better than having your opponent moving back into cover already before you can even fire.  The FCM has a strong-ish mantlet but a weak cupola sticking up.

+ T10 games? - Sometimes people are grinding their normal T8 tanks and you'd rather grind credits.  Picking up a CDC is a good, low cost alternative to the T34/Lowe.

- T10 games

- Overmatch problems - Obviously it has no armor.  Some stupid E2 was using the derp gun against me: 400, 400, 400.  FFFFFUUUUUUUUU!  Scouts with autoloaders are comically good against you.

FCM or CDC?

Assuming that the FCM's armor and CDC's camo balances out in terms of survivability, it's really a choice between A) preferential MM and B) RL cost.  In the medium tank role, the CDC is just better than the FCM at everything.

so in stronks you getting single tier MM...with it only seeing 8s is this better than the fcm?  We saw a few last night ...chai had one.  It seemed ok but very brittle in certain stronks environments when you need shit a certain place; real fast and close...like Mines.  It was ineffectual there...but I could see a use for it in tundra or karelia or even cliff