Sign in to follow this  
BlitzReaper

Stock T69?

I just got this thing less than 4 days ago, and used free XP to get the top gun.

I just researched the suspension, but the mobility is killing me.

I'd like to ask, how can I play with the stock engine, and what should be my ammo loadout on the 90 gun? I was thinking a mix of 24/16 AP/HEAT, but I see that many people are facing the problem of having incomplete clips at the end of the game where each shot matters.

I ran 12AP 28HEAT, though it's just preference. Just switch to HEAT when not enough shells to load a clip of AP.

T69 comes with 11.17 HP/T with the 460HP engine, which is perfectly fine. The upgraded engine gives 13.35 HP/T. The playstyle or tank doesn't drastically change with an engine upgrade.

I ran 12AP 28HEAT, though it's just preference. Just switch to HEAT when not enough shells to load a clip of AP.

T69 comes with 11.17 HP/T with the 460HP engine, which is perfectly fine. The upgraded engine gives 13.35 HP/T. The playstyle or tank doesn't drastically change with an engine upgrade.

Really? I looked at T69 replays and saw that it was much faster...

EDIT: Well, not MUCH faster, but the difference is quite considerable....

28 AP 12 HEAT... It will teach you how to flank and aim properly. With heat you get better results, but your wallet will suffer and you won't learn that much. But most people here will tell you to fire only heat.

28 AP 12 HEAT... It will teach you how to flank and aim properly. With heat you get better results, but your wallet will suffer and you won't learn that much. But most people here will tell you to fire only heat.

I am going to second this. I run this loadout and the tank feels quite comfortable. I also free-xp'd the gun, but researched everything else including the engines normally.

While better engines are nicer, I thought the tank was playable with stock one - as long as you don't climb many hills. Other than that, the stock engine is OK.

I'm using 24/16 aswell. 24 AP is just enough in most matches to not run out (I don't blindshoot like crazy) and 16 HEAT gives me a chance to do some damage even in tier 9/10 games while not completely emptying my pockets.

Even with my standard account I only lose 3k credits per game on average, not counting consumables, which really isn't much compared to something like the Pershing at -7k or the B1 at -5k.

Well, I'm not real thrilled with the T69 at this point. While the 90MM is not great, the problem, for me at least, is mobility and agility, it has none. I really hope that tracks and then an engine makes a big difference. I can also mount improved ventilation to help the new crew, once I put the tracks on it. I'm thinking this thing may be a tough grind.

That's my load out as well. I mean if you want to make sure every shot counts, go all heat or most heat. I can't afford to do it though so I don't use it much. 

I run a 20 20 mix. Sometimes tier 10 games need carrying and that unicum in his T-54 has got to die, but I'd rather shoot scouts with AP. A fully upgraded T69 is quite agmile and speedy.

I'm running 24 and 16. I'm hoping to see performance gains from both the tracks and improved ventilation, to get me to where I can get the first engine upgrade, then proceed toward the T54, and eventually, the T57. I'm trying to like this thing, but it's difficult to get used to. It's certainly not doing the damage my Pershing does.

It's more a playstyle thing. Don't sweat it.

Yep. I don't seem to have gotten a good enough handle on it to get into position to do enough damage and still survive. But then, I'm still struggling a bit after taking about 6 months off.

Edit: 1/16/15

I still just can't seem to do enough damage in this thing consistently. It's feast or famine, with nothing in between. I either do 2500-3000 or so damage, or way less than 1400. It literally kills my WN8 all by itself, I can win 52% or better even solo, but with a WN8 of under 1000. Which is really painful since my WN8 before was within single digits of 1500. I'd like to finish the grind to the T57, and have 4 tier X vehicles, to have a decent shot at a casual clan. I need to get my WN8 UP by 250 to 500 at least, not DOWN by 500.

I am having fun with this thing but I find it hot and cold as well, seem to do a lot better with it when I can get the flanks of enemy tanks, learned quick you don't to trade shots with anything, get in get a shot or two go reload.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think a lot of people play this thing.  Here is the Ace tanker game I had in it, don't think it would have been an Ace in many other tanks.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2565955#steppes-shermanvc-t69

Because this is the latest topic I can find on the T69.

How do you even play this thing? Even with BIA and Snap Shot and VS1, the gun bloom is horrendous, which means I literally need to brawl with this. The pen is shit, it has not much armour going for it either. All I've read is HEATspam.

How I've been playing this... kinda how I think the T57 should be played? Close support up near the front, seeking opportunities to dump the clip without taking much return fire. And my shots miss half the time anyway.

Any tips from those who've gone through this?