skull_helmet

IS-8

952 gold to get free exp for tracks vs 10 gold to dismount torsion bars... hmm... 

I have free exp but the top gun is a lot (and I am cheap)... IS-3 gun isn't good enough I assume by the fact that everyone seems to skip that ASAP?

952 gold to get free exp for tracks vs 10 gold to dismount torsion bars... hmm... 

I have free exp but the top gun is a lot (and I am cheap)... IS-3 gun isn't good enough I assume by the fact that everyone seems to skip that ASAP?

Dude BL-9 is like 220 pen from what I remember so it certainly is enough imo.

Yeah 225 AP, 265 APCR... but is there anything which should be free-expd to make the IS-8 acceptable to play through? 

Yeah 225 AP, 265 APCR... but is there anything which should be free-expd to make the IS-8 acceptable to play through? 

Nope, there are dozens of other 9s on which you need turrets etc. So even if you don't plan on getting another one soon, I'd save it.

Nope, there are dozens of other 9s on which you need turrets etc. So even if you don't plan on getting another one soon, I'd save it.

^^ thanks.

Last use of free exp was on the M103 (turret and 2nd gun) before that I remember getting the turret on the IS... I have over 250k free exp saved up :D 

I won't mind trying to go through the IS-8 without useing any free exp though... 

I'm just gonna hijack this thread since I also just got the glorious IS-8: What equipment should I mount? Rammer and Vert Stab are no-brainers, but I am kinda torn when it comes to the last slot: the 400m view range makes me consider coated optics, but the aim time also suggest an EGL or possibly vents to help with snap shotting.
So what do you guys run for the third slot?

I generally go with vents on heavies since it increases helps both aiming time and view range. Combine it with role specific crew skills and your aiming time or view range will be competitive against most similar vehicles, while your dpm is increased to a near maximum. I'm using food on my IS-7 though, maybe that helps a lot.

Thing is that I may have to revise my set-ups if WG is actually going to nerf accuracy.