jackquerudo

I like the sound of my own voice narration thread

Just made 2 narrations for today. Let me know of what tanks/maps everyone wants to see. I'm sure I can dig up a replay to narrate or play the tank well enough!

narcissistick.jpg

http://youtu.be/3uwc_IDc8IY

http://youtu.be/WbT0ZxNLJBM

Finally someone who understands how to use terrain with low gun depression tanks. Most people just expose themselves more like potatoes and then complain about the tank being shit. :(

I'm mildly surprised that you didn't take C4 on the Live Oaks game. You can use the mounds for unconventional hulldown where you can both fire and only show the turret, while spotting for your camping TDs on the ridge behind. Admittedly, its high point was during the TD meta, where you would often have 5-6 sitting on that ridge, and without arty due to Patch 8.6's nerfs, you could sit there and deny city at your leisure while your allies got through to fast cap or mop up south.

It still works fine though, since you don't really have to trade; you get their open sides as they drive past, while you poke out with only your turret and can pull back fully, and flex back to the hill to defend base from a southern enemy push. Were you worried about being sniped from the railroad in that spot like how you shot the M41?

I'm mildly surprised that you didn't take C4 on the Live Oaks game. You can use the mounds for unconventional hulldown where you can both fire and only show the turret, while spotting for your camping TDs on the ridge behind. Admittedly, its high point was during the TD meta, where you would often have 5-6 sitting on that ridge, and without arty due to Patch 8.6's nerfs, you could sit there and deny city at your leisure while your allies got through to fast cap or mop up south.

It still works fine though, since you don't really have to trade; you get their open sides as they drive past, while you poke out with only your turret and can pull back fully, and flex back to the hill to defend base from a southern enemy push. Were you worried about being sniped from the railroad in that spot like how you shot the M41?

I had no competent TDs on that team. Going there would only incur the wrath of pubbies where they YOLO you to no ends. Plus as I mentioned, if their heavies happened to go that way, I would have very low percentage shots even from the sides with the T34-3. The HEAT round is not THAT good, and the AP doesn't work very well vs IS-6 and KV4. My team was kind of light too and I don't expect them to be able to win city, which would only mean I would be pushed on eventually. Considering all that I decided against it.

I don't trust pubbies to cover me, and I don't trust pubbies to be able to hold/push a side. Usually if I want to win a game, I have to choose a side and push that side well.

And utilize the tank on the side where you are strongest, not trying to make up for the inadequacy of pubbie composition/deployment. I would rather make myself the strong side than to fill in to make the lineup average.

Med on Tundra, maybe when speed isn't on your team?

+1 Senpai

http://youtu.be/2u5YLR7Unx8

Ensk south in soft heavies/mediums?

http://youtu.be/cIgt-CXERrs

Thanks for these jackq, they're really helpful.

My pleasure

City map, bottom tier heavy?

I'd imagine you want a T8 heavy in a T10 match? I haven't seen a city map with a t8 heavy for ages but I'll keep this one on the list of things to do. But the IS3 is the only tank I would drive in that case, and all you do is find a corridor and reverse-sidescrape

I'd imagine you want a T8 heavy in a T10 match? I haven't seen a city map with a t8 heavy for ages but I'll keep this one on the list of things to do. But the IS3 is the only tank I would drive in that case, and all you do is find a corridor and reverse-sidescrape

T6 heavy in T8 game is what i'm struggling with in particular, but any like. non 50-100 bottom tier situation would be helpful probably.

I think this topic is one of the best source you caqn find around here. Sexy voice, gud tonking, sexy voice, very good commentary, sexy voice, a nice insight on your thought processes, sexy voice, useful infos, and... did i say, a fucking amazing sexy voice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tvl9y7f3UA&feature=youtu.be

last one for today

That thing at the start - TOTALLY gonna incorporate that into my playstyle. Thanks!

Just one thing: about the autoaim snapshot on the Leo. You can do it with manual. It's actually somewhat better - but only if you're in snipermode. In arcade mode it's gonna fail about 3 shots out of 4 because of the de-sync you talked about.

But if you're in sniper mode your gun will stay true to your aim. And if you have a steady hand you can land the snapshot even faster. AskBestofbest from FAME - he told me that from his point of view i never even got my hull out of cover.

But then again, i'm garbage so i do it with autoaim too most of the time D:

I think this topic is one of the best source you caqn find around here. Sexy voice, gud tonking, sexy voice, very good commentary, sexy voice, a nice insight on your thought processes, sexy voice, useful infos, and... did i say, a fucking amazing sexy voice?

That thing at the start - TOTALLY gonna incorporate that into my playstyle. Thanks!

Just one thing: about the autoaim snapshot on the Leo. You can do it with manual. It's actually somewhat better - but only if you're in snipermode. In arcade mode it's gonna fail about 3 shots out of 4 because of the de-sync you talked about.

But if you're in sniper mode your gun will stay true to your aim. And if you have a steady hand you can land the snapshot even faster. AskBestofbest from FAME - he told me that from his point of view i never even got my hull out of cover.

But then again, i'm garbage so i do it with autoaim too most of the time D:

No problem! The thing is I tried doing it with sniper mode, but the reticule keeps sticking to the last "touched" cover. I'm not sure if it's due to my connection or just the fact that I don't know how to do it, but I find that "tricking" the server ret to be on the target at all times negates the potential packet loss where you pull out of cover and the server reticule is still aimed at the cover