Totenstanz

1742 creepypasta

Forward:
The account written below was not written to insult, or provoke anyone. Instead, it was written to entertain and inform. I'm not a professional writer, so don't expect perfect grammar or the most eloquent phrasing.
What I have written is the truth, and whether you believe me or not doesn't really matter to me. I wrote this account because I believe the more people who know, what I've gone through today, the safer I will be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something weird happened today while the forums were experiencing that "1742" thing. I was just going around to the different threads trying to see if any of them could be viewed, but all of them were just blank except for the number "1742." I know a lot of other people saw this happen too. There was so much chatter about it in everyone's status updates.

However, I continued to try different topics. One after the other they all came up the same way. I kind of got a little frustrated, but then I started to think about what could be causing this. I reasoned that it was probably a database error, so I knew there was nothing I could do to fix anything on my end.

I'd almost given up, but then I hit refresh on one of the 1742 pages. The number had changed. I hadn't noticed right away what the number had change to, just simply that it had. Then as I realized what the number had changed to I began to get a little amused. You see the number had changed to "Arty Hater."

At this point, I thought of course I hate arty, but most people do. Perhaps this is just a clever little Easter egg for people to discover in the event that the website malfunctioned, like it was doing today.

So, I backed out of the error pages, not thinking much of it. Back on the main forums page. My eyes moved to look at the status update sidebar, since that was really the only part of the forum that was working. I hadn't noticed anything weird on the page, but as I started reading people's recent status updates. I started to notice something really weird. Everyone's status updates were so bizarre.

I thought I was going a bit crazy, so I took a screenshot of the whole webpage...

fQoTSY9.png

That's when I noticed that the page had several things wrong on it. Obviously the most noticeable change was the wotlabs' logo. It was replaced with what looked like an SPG placed in the center of a pentagram.

Even the Google ad on the page was affected. But seriously, I should've played arty more? I was starting to think Never was just executing one of the best jokes ever. As I started reading all the subtitles, Joke or no joke, I started to get a sinking feeling.

The subtitle under shenanigans is kind of odd since I've never actually written that on the forum, but I knew I had muttered it allowed many a times since I had started playing WOT.

"You shouldn't have said 'fuck arty, and everyone who plays it.'"

All three of the Purple poster sub-forums had the same phrase in there subtitle.

"You shouldn't of done that."

"You shouldn't of done that!"

"YOU SHOULDN'T OF DONE THAT!"

By this time, I started to get really unsettled. If this was a joke it wasn't a good joke. I looked back towards the recent topics/status updates sidebar. Now I could see a pattern. It wasn't individual people randomly saying things...

When read top to bottom it all said:

"Arty Hater"

"we are going to kill you."

"You can't hide."

"We are going to kill you."

"Shame and kill you."

"You are so Fucked now."

"keep moving, or we will get you."

"now rip"

"Look. Look up!"

"Only 6 seconds to reload, then you're dead"

That was it, I was done. I thought to myself "this has to be a joke." It didn't matter anymore, I was done. Never, the moderators, or whoever did this I figured they could just go fuck themselves. I moused over to the refresh button, and hit it...

To my relief, the page was normal again the logo was right, the subtitles were right, and the status updates looked right again too. I breathed a sigh of relief, and decided that that was enough of the forums for me today.

After eating lunch and doing a couple chores around the house, I decided that I was going to play some world of tanks. Today's earlier events had sort of settled to the back of my mind, and after eating something I was in a much better mood anyways.

The first battle was fairly benign, we won despite my tier 6 heavy being focused by the enemy team's three artillery. The next three or four games turned out similar. Some of them my team won, and some of them we didn't. Unfortunately for me, my tank was destroyed by the hand of artillery every time. As most people can probably relate, I started to get very frustrated with the game. I made sure to keep moving, and take shelter behind rocks and buildings. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't survive. Game after game came and went, and artillery claimed my tank every time.

The final game I played was on Fisherman's Bay. I proceeded to drive my heavy towards town, but no sooner than leaving spawn my tank was struck by three HE shells. I was pushed past the breaking point. I started raging in chat about artillery and how much it sucks. Then confused players on the other team asked me what I was talking about? I replied that their artillery had executed me while I was barely out of spawn. This reply got a lot of chuckles. One of my teammates brought to my attention that there wasn't any artillery in this battle. To make the situation even stranger, while both sides recognize that my tank was in fact destroyed, no one on either side was given credit for destroying my tank. Deciding that I wasn't going to take anymore ridicule, I exited to garage.

When I got to the garage screen I noticed that I had an active chat window, so I clicked on it. It was sort of weird because it was blank where it should've had the other user's name. The chat window indicated that I was the only one in the chat session, but whoever had initiated the chat left this before leaving.

"Do you understand what we can do to you now."

"Consider today, just a warning."

"You hate us"

"WELL, WE HATE YOU TOO!"

After reading this I shutdown the game immediately. I realized that I was holding my breath, so I exhaled in relief of having this whole ordeal over with. I wondered why? Why me? I mean, I'm not particularly vocal about my distaste for artillery, or the people who play artillery. It just doesn't make sense. Then again, why in the world does artillery always seem to aim at an inconsequential low-tier tank when a top-tier heavy tank is right in the open?

So, after this whole ordeal, I only have one thing to say...

Fuck arty, and everyone who plays it.

2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000/10 would read again.  

Also............. The Mandarin has a few words to say :)

Arty. Do what you want. You can try to run, try to hide, kiss your kids good night because NOTHING.....NOT your camo, not your cannon, nor your precious RNG is gonna save you from my wrath

:) I'll see you soon........

I don't know what's funnier, the story itself or the fact that the OP's title is "Arty Protector"

A random number generator gave this thread a 96 out of 100.

I don't know what's funnier, the story itself or the fact that the OP's title is "Arty Protector"

-snip-

"They" are trying to tell me what to do, but I won't listen. ;)