Sign in to follow this  
kolni

6 vs 15 CW campaign (almost a draw!)

So today we had a landing battle at the same time as this one, so the players not picked for the primary one jumped into this one. This is what happened: http://wotreplays.eu/site/1414688#airfield-charcharo-e-100 (You may want to jump until the 5:30-5:00 mark or so).

So our team completely slaughtered them at first sight, being only 6 tanks they put up a damn good fight, until the numbers overwhelmed them. I jumped on their TS-channel when our battle finished, and it was at the same time this happened. Everyone really had fun and it was a side to competitive play I really haven't experienced before, they didn't win, it wasn't really close in the end - but they left pretty goddamn satisfied. It also proved to me that strategy is what conquers this game, numbers aren't everything, even when the odds are against you from the very start.

This is by no means meant to shit on the clan they faced, more of a reminder of how fun this game can be, outside of the rage-filled pubbie environment.

The fact that your guys showed up is excellent. These battles are always fun. Right before the campaign started, we had a stronghold defense and attack at the same time (WG kinda screwed the pooch on explaining the timing of those when they first went live), only 8 available for the defense after the attack was filled. We rekt them, hard. They weren't shitters in low tiers either, it was a full team of tier 10's with ~greens. Those underdog fights are always the most fun, especially when you do well, even if its not a win.

The fact that your guys showed up is excellent. These battles are always fun. Right before the campaign started, we had a stronghold defense and attack at the same time (WG kinda screwed the pooch on explaining the timing of those when they first went live), only 8 available for the defense after the attack was filled. We rekt them, hard. They weren't shitters in low tiers either, it was a full team of tier 10's with ~greens. Those underdog fights are always the most fun, especially when you do well, even if its not a win.

You guys (Well, VILIN) beat us 15v9 at one point - a colossal failure on our part.

We've won as short as 7-15 too - IIRC that was a lot of waffles right when they came out and an enemy team that split. I wasn't in the battle but the stories were shared for a few days with glee :P

Well, I don't think they showed up because they felt obligated too, but it's more fame(though not much) for the clan and themselves and for fun, so they threw a Hail Mary and almost caught it.

With one or two more players, they may've been able to actually win this. It's a shame the clan system works how it works, but I guess it's supposed to make a clan of 70 inactives and 30 active ones be able to have an advantage over a clan with less members..