Chryses

Naval Action

So looks like they closed preorders. Reached quota of players until they decide to add more staff.

This was to cool not to cross post... http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/4906-235-years-later-the-hermione-sails-again-to-america/

L'Hermione, with three sail masts and bright royal blue and gold markings, is a painstaking replica of an 18th century French frigate that fought with the United States' founding fathers in the War of Independence.

It set sail in France on Saturday for Virginia.

Image gallery from NA post: http://imgur.com/a/AjShC

The Hermione's site: http://www.hermione.com/en/home/

Article about it from CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/19/europe/france-replica-ship-hermione/

Started playing again tonight, finally starting to get into it. 

Gunnery was a pain in the ass for me but slowly figuring it out. Working my way out of the Navy Brig and into the Snow.

Yay grinds. 

Ok more people need to play this game, had a good run today with some 6 on 6 PVP but it dies down pretty quick. A lot of people have probably already advanced to open world but don't forget the little people left behind. :[ 

Ok more people need to play this game, had a good run today with some 6 on 6 PVP but it dies down pretty quick. A lot of people have probably already advanced to open world but don't forget the little people left behind. :[ 

Open World will come to us all by the end of the month from what I saw on their forum. Yea, all the people with Santis are in OW...

1v1'd and won against a bot Victory in my Snow, just shy of 10k dmg that game.

Thankfully bots are dumb and if you sail parallel in the same course they will shoot behind you dang near every time.  

f9fJItO.png

Lost the game because the guy dc'd and i still had a Snow, Brig, and Bologna to deal with upwind. Rip. 

OW is opening up for everyone tomorrow. 

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/5759-open-world-patch-2-release-notes/

Or possibly Friday, no one seems to have a straight answer whether or not that's patching over closed OW or opening it up like they said on Sunday. 

Or next week 

-________________-

So close to the Trincomalee in sea trials but cant bear the thought of getting it only to have it snatched from me so soon. :*

So is the final wipe tomorrow? I find myself unable to grind a game w/ a wipe on the horizon.

So is the final wipe tomorrow? I find myself unable to grind a game w/ a wipe on the horizon.

No, one or several wipes are coming. Not during the next few weeks, tho.

Here is the list of changes for patch #3

ROE

• Bots will now only enter battles when their nation is involved
  • Bot entry timer is 15 mins (it is 10 for players)
  • Bots will now only enter battles when one of the sides is at a disadvantage
  • Bots will stop entering when Battle rating is equal 
Combat & Sailing
  • Grape should not not penetrate armor on all gun calibers now. You will get better results shooting at stern balconies, ports and windows.
  • Ships top speeds were lowered for the following vessels
    • Trincomalee frigate
    • Renommee frigate
  • Speed tunings are not final and will continue to be changing based on battle data and player feedback.
AI
  • AI is somewhat improved
  • NPC will prioritize players if they are close
  • NPC will try to focus on 1 target
  • NPC will switch to double shot if you are close
  • Bugs with NPC firing sectors are fixed
  • NPCs will use realistic dispersion
  • NPCs will not be as awesome when tacking
Economy
  • If you lose a ship it means you lost the durability - ship should not be repaired, it's brand new - just lost 1 durability
  • Rewards are significantly increased
  • Money rewards for PVP are doubled
  • Several bugs with XP calculations are fixed
Patch will be deployed by 17pm kiev time +/- 1 hour

If everything works all right this time we will open access to everyone in the evening or tomorrow afternoon. 

I'm looking forward to playing this. Are there region segregated servers or is it all one server? Also what are the shit-tier RP clams who try to be Nelson but are more like Medina-Sidonia so I can avoid them like the plague?

Not sure i dig the compressed time but when you find a battle its still the same so that's cool. 

Also i'm lost in the gulf of mexico somewhere

And this helps. 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=znKaQtPyLToc.kgARZbleaCZo

I'm looking forward to playing this. Are there region segregated servers or is it all one server? Also what are the shit-tier RP clams who try to be Nelson but are more like Medina-Sidonia so I can avoid them like the plague?

One server, ping doesn't matter much.

So far there are quite a lot of RP guys, they have this code of conduct thing and speak in nautical term as much as they can. Some of them are good players, tho. The good players generally aren't over the top RP anyway. The PVP thread i linked a few posts up will get you started with the lay of the land and what some of those characters are about.

I wondered the same and joined up with this guy mrdoran, he's all PVP no-shits-given, an american and the best player NA has. This has been verified by the devs from the duel statistics of the sea trials. I can hook you up with him should you like, not that anyone needs a middleman to get to him, mind you.

Doran decided we should go for Sverige (Sweden) because they said it would be hardcore mode ;) We're already being yelled at and port camped every other night.

I've dueled some of the The Decatur Armada (TDA) guys and they're all good guys and fair to good players. You 'muricans might be inclined to join the US faction?

Everything is in flux.