Cpt_Squirrel

Holiday marathon - WZ-111 (T8 Prem)

Ok, so the marathon tank has been confirmed as WZ-111 (T8 prem med).

Seems like an OK tank, so will be going for it:

Per nation:

150k Dmg

150 kills

15 December -> 19 January

T6+

Premiums allowed

No top 10, so say hello to kill stealing meta

I'll be rolling the following:

USSR - IS-6, KV-1S, KV-5, T-150, SU-122-44, KV-2

UK - Churchill VII, TOGTOG?

FR - ARL 44

USA - M6, T34, Fury, Super P

GER - VK36, E25, PZ IVs, M10

CH - Type 58 :(

JP - Chi-To :(

Serves me right for not being ready for shit like this ::)

Anyone got any details on the tank?

I also have the same issue, 150k damage and 150 kills with the Chi-to and Type 58  :sad:

Should be the same, it was confirmed on RU yesterday as well.

Seriously wondering if it's even worth trying.  Probably will still for the 21 days premium...

*edit* removed me talking crap

Anyone got any details on the tank?

I also have the same issue, 150k damage and 150 kills with the Chi-to and Type 58  :sad:

Imagine a 112.  Now imagine that the side spaced armor actually works, but the UFP is about 20-30mm less effective.  Imagine that while the reload is 0.7 seconds faster and there is 0.2 less movement dispersion, it also loses a degree of gun depression, putting it down to 5°.  Besides minor differences in mobility, that's about it.  It'll probably get pref MM, but I have no way to check.  I can't check this either, but I don't think it'll have the same frontal fuel tank as the 112 either.

I wouldn't go off of how it is on the China server though, since I'm not sure if the rebalance the tier 8 WZ-111 went through ages ago got applied there as well.

Imagine a 112.  Now imagine that the side spaced armor actually works, but the UFP is about 20-30mm less effective.  Imagine that while the reload is 0.7 seconds faster and there is 0.2 less movement dispersion, it also loses a degree of gun depression, putting it down to 5°.  Besides minor differences in mobility, that's about it.  It'll probably get pref MM, but I have no way to check.  I can't check this either, but I don't think it'll have the same frontal fuel tank as the 112 either.

I wouldn't go off of how it is on the China server though, since I'm not sure if the rebalance the tier 8 WZ-111 went through ages ago got applied there as well.

Thanks, peeps on official forum are saying no pref MM which to me puts me right off.

Presume 112 has it? Maybe they will change it when it comes out.

Thanks, peeps on official forum are saying no pref MM which to me puts me right off.

Presume 112 has it? Maybe they will change it when it comes out.

I'd ignore what they're saying about its MM considering it's either coming from the China server or they're just looking at the tank inspector or wiki. Both the tank inspector and the wiki would need someone to play the tank to comfirm the MM spread. I do think there is a way to find the MM spread in the client though since a fine lad by the name of Snib was able to find them and make MM spread charts that included unplayable tanks. I might poke him on skype tomorrow and see if I can find out too.

And yes, the 112 has pref MM.

Does anyone know if it still has 300 pen HEAT rounds?

I might try, it'll be brutal though, Chi-To is not a damage farm tank.

HEAT was nerfed to 250mm along with the others.

Just looked in the EU server... can't use stronks for this.  Random battles only :(

Also, on the RU server front page is a bit about buying the missions you don't want to do for $10 each.

http://worldoftanks.ru/ru/news/pc-browser/11/special_prem_marathon_wz111/

This is going to be rough. I was really hoping for the nice, simple T-35-85M mission originally rumored.

US, DE, SU are easy. FR should be ok (expensive, as my only tank is the M4 45). UK, JP, and CN are the hard ones for me.

I'm ~20k away from the Chi-To, I've unlocked the Type 58 (the one I'm going to use) and am ~20k away from unlocking the 59-16, and I've had the Churchill VII unlocked for a while. Crew retraining is going to make me sad.

Ok, so the marathon tank has been confirmed as WZ-111 (T8 prem med).

Seems like an OK tank, so will be going for it:

Per nation:

150k Dmg

150 kills

15 December -> 19 January

T6+

Premiums allowed

No top 10, so say hello to kill stealing meta

I'll be rolling the following:

USSR - IS-6, KV-1S, KV-5, T-150, SU-122-44, KV-2, KV-85

UK - Churchill VII, TOGTOG?

FR - ARL 44

USA - M6, T34, Fury, Super P

GER - VK36, E25, PZ IVs, M10

CH - Type 58 :(

JP - Chi-To :(

Serves me right for not being ready for shit like this : :)

KV-1s is a tier 5 now remember.

Welp this weekend I have to choose, play ships or grind to tier 6 in japs and chinatanks

Aw crap on a cracker, I forgot it's a damn t5.  And I have like 900 avg dmg in it, would have helped a bit.

On a more positive note, you can BUY YOUR WAY OUT OF A NATION.  On RU at least, *coming soon to a server near you*, you can spend $10 to skip that nation.  Skipping CH and JP if I get the chance...

Talking for EU: I thought it was 75k XP per nation?

That would be very doable, with all the "X2 for every win" and "X5 for the first win" events.

Did this change for EU as well to 150 kills?

Also, on EU, is the reward now the WZ 111 or still the T34-85M?

Talking for EU: I thought it was 75k XP per nation?

That would be very doable, with all the "X2 for every win" and "X5 for the first win" events.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/12/12/marathon-tank-is-the-wz-111/

Simply put, this mission will not be worth it at all: If you don't have at least tier 8+ in each nation, you will probably not catch up in terms of DPG and definitely not in terms of kills. 2k DPG = 500 battles in just over a month and that's without getting the 1050 kills involved. WG is fucking retarded but I assume it's a ploy to make people skip the nations and earn money that way, now that their economy is put under pressure by the currency exchange rates.

WZ 111 - 150k damage and 150 kills per nation is EU. It is in upcoming missions tab of your client.

Tank collectors jizz their pants for the unique chance to get the WZ-111 for only 70 USD. Everyone else better takes an IS-6 on next discount. It's not like anyone would desperately need a chinese heavy for crew training  :D

I'm going to buy myself out on the chinese and japanese trees, I haven't grinded them at all since I didn't do the IS-6 or SP mission. I have relevant tanks on all other trees, also tanks to grind, so this isn't going to be a big issue for me. Just the british line since the Cent. 7/1 I have is almost stock...well, some free XP and then buy myself out no two of the trees, nothing I can't afford really anyway, an almost free prem tank while grinding tanks I like and have fun in should be fun. Already planning to game the entire christmas break..