Sign in to follow this  
SFC_Storm

Uni-Decathalon. Who is best Uni in the nost areas including, Pubbie propping. AKA Force Multiplication

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the the single greatest Yoda/Hitman47/Teamplayer all in one

So lately I have been so busy getting screwed out of my top 3k spot for my tank in the the game, has been tiring and boring as shit.

So I want to see if we can come up with a way to get a controlled group of Jizzinyourpants Uni`s to effect major differences in others WR and WN* numbers.

So since ever Supercum is diff we would have to come up with a series of micro competetions where they could compete or shine in.

I hear sooooo often that "Unis only play together because other UNI`s pull there weight"  which, imo is less about that and more about them making it easy mode and win. Also I hear guys brag about how they can make a tomato`s have much better games because of them.

So thinking with a clear mind, I want to come up with a way to try to test this theory in a semi fair way

I`m thinking we call it the "Unicum Decathlon." We set up a bunch of scenarios and see which Unicorn can bring it home.

I will re-initiate when I have gold packages ready. I really do want to see who is the best overall player.

ANy Ideas as to what and how this could be done?

I also was thinking about sponsoring a West solo challenge as well.

add emu87 to poll pls. (seen him once waayyy back in 7.5 when i was trying out WoT on other peep's acc, damn he's good)

So lately I have been so busy getting screwed out of my top 3k spot for my tank in the the game, has been tiring and boring as shit.

So I want to see vs a controlled group of my buddies vs SOLO vs Unicum Jizzinyourpants Uni`s really will make major differences in WR or WN*. at the very same times guys complain about.

if with correct tank comps (rip attempt at E-25 toon when on windstorm), it will definitely increase W/R.

WN8? Can go both ways depending on how they're "helping" you. (either tracking a guy and giving you free dmg, or focusing on the same target you're shooting/permatracking and giving less hp pool ot farm off of)

For me at least, when I talk about being a force multiplier it doesn't necessarily mean improving my platoon's stats.  I could give a shit about anyone's stats, and generally platooning hurts your stats except for win rate anyhow just due to cannibalization.  And no one can make a potato play like a unicum, nor is that the point.  Its about putting your potatos in a spot where their potatoness can be productive, and you doing everything else that needs to be done.

For example -- taters can shoot pretty damn well, but are so passive and stupid they hump rocks and just generally act useless.  But if I scout for them, they can shoot straight and mow targets down, so my taters easily outperform the hostile taters.  Another example -- imagine a 3v2.  My taters will sit there and peekaboom (or just plain sit there) because no one wants to take a hit.  But I go in first, the taters will pop around and shoot the target after he blaps me.  Thus, I transform a 50/50 passive peekaboom into a breakthrough.

None of that will show up much in the stats.

For me at least, when I talk about being a force multiplier it doesn't necessarily mean improving my platoon's stats.  I could give a shit about anyone's stats, and generally platooning hurts your stats except for win rate anyhow just due to cannibalization.  And no one can make a potato play like a unicum, nor is that the point.  Its about putting your potatos in a spot where their potatoness can be productive, and you doing everything else that needs to be done.

For example -- taters can shoot pretty damn well, but are so passive and stupid they hump rocks and just generally act useless.  But if I scout for them, they can shoot straight and mow targets down, so my taters easily outperform the hostile taters.  Another example -- imagine a 3v2.  My taters will sit there and peekaboom (or just plain sit there) because no one wants to take a hit.  But I go in first, the taters will pop around and shoot the target after he blaps me.  Thus, I transform a 50/50 passive peekaboom into a breakthrough.

None of that will show up much in the stats.

actually what Garbad says here has a lot of truth. but I can also add to it:

I find that a very large amount of green players easily have the shooting part down, and tactics like hull down/sidescraping etc etc. but put themselves in the wrong positions. this includes me as well.

for example, say im platooning with you, Garbad, and im in tank X, I say at the start of the map, IM going Position X, you instead say no, try position Y. so I do, and it turns out extremely well.

Myself and Pity actually experienced this a while ago, we found an orange player in a game, ages ago, that was a bit frustrated. he was 48%/800WN7 (no WN8 then) we invited him to our platoon, and, while playing with him, he outdid both our expectations. but this was because he already had the basic combat skills down, he just didn't have clue number 1 where to take his tank. and playing with us, he was taking it to the right positions, and he was doing really well from those positions. 

this is how I would say a unicum is a force multiplier to someone else. if they already have the basic skills down, then positioning and knowing where to go and when to go there by being told by a purple can greatly influence their performance, because they are able to better influence the game.

It's really not even a question. A green following a purple or tagging alongside will perform better because they're mimicking the unicum.

Monkey see, monkey do.

But this is only temporary, the lessons don't stick.

Whenever I platoon with precam I do 500x better most of the time. It's especially on those occasions where he's the first to die that my unicum bar just shoots through the roof.

Whenever I platoon with precam I do 500x better most of the time. It's especially on those occasions where he's the first to die that my unicum bar just shoots through the roof.

Probably because when he died, it was in middle of a pivoting point in the battle where he acted as your meatshield and left the mopping up to you. 

-

fking baddie

-

fk bulba

Probably because when he died, it was in middle of a pivoting point in the battle where he acted as your meatshield and left the mopping up to you. 

-

fking baddie

-

fk bulba

> Kewei and I played together

>We made our pubbies into super unis

>rekt a goald-shitting motherfucking padder bulba toon repeatedly.

>kewei was very happy

>i dont know why

Would hanging around with expert veterans of the game, with many thousands of battles where they do the right thing, improve my WR and in the end my WN8? Truly a question for the ages but I'd wager that it would. Of course, WN8 farming may eventually be limited if we become 3 super unicorns rolling around the same battles all the time but that's a price I'll have to pay.

Playing with just unica will artificially raise your stats a bit because you generally go to strong spots where you have at least 1 other person who knows what they are doing. However the ability to take the play experience from the unicum (where, why, etc) and apply it in solo or independent play is what actually leads to someone becoming a better player.

A friend of mine basically never played unless platooned and he mostly plays with players that are slightly better than he is (high yellow bordering low green overall with green and blue overalls) and he basically out sourced tactical analysis at the start of the game to those players. He does have excellent mechanical skills (game knowledge wise and reaction wise) yet he often fails to read the minimap  properly when Solo. He goes back to def (sometimes underestimating the time he needs just so he can finish off one more enemy) and does most mid game map reading quite ok, but when it comes to choosing where to go or to more complicated flanking maneuvres he tends to not realize it or realizes the good things slightly too late.
That said the main reason why he isn't great at those areas is his lack of experience in doing map and team analysis himself since he usually asks where to go.
This directly effects his WN8 (he uses session stats): Platooned he can easily get the 1500-2300 range depending on the day and the other player (I only carry to the lwoer end of that spectrum :/ His purple recent plat mates to the higher end afaik), but solo he usually performs worse than when platooned. (albeit not by that much it is noticeable). He even gets day when he fails to break 1k WN8 due to terribad teams and terribad positioning (nerver happened platooned. Note that this is also ultra-rare).
Also should you read this: Sorry.  :beard: 

Sooo assuming that most greens and yellows have mastered most mechanical skills I would bet that purples pull them up WR and stats wise due to much better map positioning (this assumes that what Unica are Unica because of their better reading of game flow and map to be at the right spot at the right time).
Also in order to measure the true extent of the Unica effect I would not use test subject in the purple recent range and possibly not even any 2k+ recent players since they already show a greater understanding of game flow and map reading than a 1k WN8 pubbie (imo).

Thread cleaned. Please use proper English complete with grammar and spelling when making your posts. Furthermore, please don't resort to personal insults in replying to harmless comments.

P.S. The whole tough guy on internet thing has been done, many times

Can confirm pivoting points in battles tend to occur within the first 30s

Would hanging around with expert veterans of the game, with many thousands of battles where they do the right thing, improve my WR and in the end my WN8? Truly a question for the ages but I'd wager that it would. Of course, WN8 farming may eventually be limited if we become 3 super unicorns rolling around the same battles all the time but that's a price I'll have to pay.

Question also wasnt about your W/R, but also their own. If they are used to platooning with other unicums, and are then forced outside their comfort zone, can they overcome this?

Also the reason it would need to be a hybrid Wn8/W/R IMO is so all parties would have to be involved in the win.

When I platoon with kewei, I like to imagine I am +50m view range and +1k hp on his tank.  Basically, I play to make him slightly better and watch as he obliterates the entire enemy team.

If only you would stop inviting thirds - then we could have each other all to ourselves.

Invite a shitter just so Garbad has someone to bitch to

He always invites a random uni shitter that cuts into my damage margin.

It'd be nice if I could just play 200 uninterrupted games in T62A with Garbad as a scout and no one else on the toon. 

If only you would stop inviting thirds - then we could have each other all to ourselves.

But there's the dilemma:  Garbad + 2x random supercums > Garbad + kewei for my win rate.  So while its to your advantage to have only me (more dpg to farm), its to my advantage to have 3, even if you aren't one of them.

But there's the dilemma:  Garbad + 2x random supercums > Garbad + kewei for my win rate.  So while its to your advantage to have only me (more dpg to farm), its to my advantage to have 3, even if you aren't one of them.

Pls. 

Can't you just designate one tank for padding my damage - and I'll designate one tank for padding your WR.