I have also contemplated switching to vents, but sitting there watching that cone collapse ever-so-slowly on targets outside 200 meters or so is just so frustrating I can't imagine making it worse.

"Oooh you are so going to get it, 50 120....eventually....wait for it...wait for it....."

Get vents. Hull down. Shoot things for 500damage more often. 

That sums up this tank doesn't it.

I just wanted to bump this thread and talk about how much I love this tank.

http://www.vbaddict.net/battlereport/trobs-na-bedce6e5e4e5285f393a593647a4077a/pearl_river-china-wz_111_model_1_4-999075246796631

Dropped me down to basically dead in the mid. I got shredded. Turned around and laughed my way to a victory. <3 you Chinese IS-8

So, i'm relatively new@tanks, is the "one eleven one four" a good choice for first tier 9 tenk? I do have a good crew from the 110 to move to it (2.6 skills)

So, i'm relatively new@tanks, is the "one eleven one four" a good choice for first tier 9 tenk? I do have a good crew from the 110 to move to it (2.6 skills)

Not really, but I guess it was probably SmyleeRage's first 9 (since the 113 was his first 10). Its going to be a rough introduction to BT11 with this thing, without the comforts of BT8. The 11111111-4 is a good tank, but its kinda of a subtle one. Its a real heavium blend, which rewards good understanding of the engagements (you bully 7s, but cower from 10s) but makes it hard to find a niche. Some players like and excel in non-niche tanks, others prefer and excel in niche ones. Expect some hard lessons, but no harder than you'd have in any other tank. (My first 9 was the M103)

Well it's certainly a very good tank. It can't stand up to punishment like the E-75, ST-I and even M103 can though (angles front end of M103 when popping out of cover, bounces a surprisingly large amount of everything short of Tier 10 TD shells, also, turret depression abuse using any and all available cover, the hatch is not that huge so long as you don't sit for more than 2 seconds at a time), and it lacks M103 comfort, so I don't recommend it for us lower-level players as a first Tier 9. My "First Tier 9" recommendations are M103, E-50, and T-54 in that order. However, that combo is very likely to spoil you for mobility and gun depression, resulting in fatal and tragic consequences when actually rolling the 111 1-4.

However, note that that only happens if you came off the fanatical high of all dailies every day that I was on for like a year and a half in this game. Ever since then I've been dropping stats due to not caring quite so much about trying so damned hard, because compared to the amount of kicks I get out of Crusader Kings II cheesing the game to conquer the whole European world in under 100 years... WoT's just not as hilarious. It gets even worse every time I spawn south on mines and see most of the meds rushing the west island instead of the hill like a horde of morons, and WoT is horrendously expensive by gaming standards in return for "How Terrible" or "SOON " every single damned time. If your enthusiasm for this game fades after the three I mentioned, play the 111 1-4 RIGHT AWAY, because once you get used to the simple-minded play of the E-75 and ST-I you WILL NOT snap back to sufficient skill to make optimal use of the 111 1-4 unless you are as enthusiastic as you were for your first 9s.

Just played my first battle in this awesome Heavium: Replay WZ 1-4 
I could brutalize a few tanks before the STA-1 HEAT got me - maybe going for the STA-1 would've been better but I didn't want to turn my turret. Also, the brief moment of indecisiveness halfway through the match might've cost me the game.

wGxHkog.jpg?1

7ABs8Ds.jpg?1

The tank feels like an evolution of the WZ-111, maintaining most weaknesses but improving on the strengths. Being able to race to key locations early on, smack enemies for 490 alpha and with 244 pen (2100 dpm) and be very tough  when hull down is great and 2.9s aimtime is more than decent for such a gun. I know that it's premature to judge after one battle but I am confident that I will come to like the tank and might keep it because the 113 looks like trash.

Also I very much enjoy the alpha - this was my only real issue with the 110, an otherwise excellent tank: 320 at tier 8 is just lame - hitting stuff for 500 sends a very different message. As you can see, I got both turret and gun with free xp and currently have these 5t torsion bar installed, due to get replaced by vents when I can. My loadout is 24/12/4 and I have this cheap consumables setup which is actually really comfy coz I can take a beating; I might switch to Jack of all Trades eventually and drop the medkit but so far, I'd rather improve my track repair speed.

Any comments on crew skills or consumables layout are greatly appreciated. 

Edited by jokobet

Your crew skills look fine. Tho you could replace Off Road Driving for Smooth Ride if you want to. WZ's hard and medium terrain resistances are already below 1.0.

I'm thinking about running food on this tank. What do y'all think would be best to drop? I almost always lose my driver but normally that is it. I could grab JOAT and that should cover decently with food, or do y'all think it would be better to drop my AFE. I don't think I am lit on fire particularly often but fires hurt a lot.

Also any idea what the 3rd mark req is for this tank since VB addict isn't cooperating.

I'm thinking about running food on this tank. What do y'all think would be best to drop? I almost always lose my driver but normally that is it. I could grab JOAT and that should cover decently with food, or do y'all think it would be better to drop my AFE. I don't think I am lit on fire particularly often but fires hurt a lot.

Also any idea what the 3rd mark req is for this tank since VB addict isn't cooperating.

I run food in place of AFE.  3 MOE requirements were ~3500 last I checked.

Sold the tank after 161 battles with 2.6k dpg and 65% wr. Very very nice tank, it runs so well with other medium tanks or almost any platoon. Maybe not as strong as an E 75 but probably the most fun t9 HT out there. Remarks on what I posted above:

- It doesn't need off-road, better go for smooth ride. However, the 113 looks like it should profit greatly from off-road, so I'll keep it in my crew (and probs never by the 113).
- The LFP includes ammo storage but I doubt you can get set on fire through there. However, the engine bay seems weak. In general, I got set on fire abut every 20 battles (subjective observation). In order to run food, I would suggest to either play super conservatively (when foregoing AFE) or to run JoaT if you enjoy the yolo.

And again, such a fun tank.

I picked this up yesterday, and I used free xp for the turret and gun.  I was a kill or two short of getting a mastery badge in my first game, and I was loving it during the session.  Today, however, has reminded me of why I don't get along with Chinese tanks:  the rng has just been horrific.  I was running around 3k dpg yesterday, and about 2k today; rng has cost me about 2 shots a game alone.  I didn't really enjoy the 110 until I started running vents and food, so I guess I'm going to try the same with the 111-1-4 to tame the gun handling a bit.  A shame too, since it seemed like this was going to be a decent moneymaker, but the gun's inaccuracy means I fire more HEAT than I need to, and I feel like I have to run food.

Edit:  I just noticed my recent wr:  holy hell.  I had been running 58-60%.  I guess that's what I get for, as of late, confining my play to mostly the weekends...  /wrists

Can't wait to put this tank back into my garage!

Heavy mediums are my favorite without a doubt.

Its too bad tier 10 doesn't really have any. (besides the 113)

Heavy mediums are my favorite without a doubt.

Its too bad tier 10 doesn't really have any. (besides the 113)

Obj 260 says hi.

I won my134th Ace Tanker in the Model 1-4 whilst grinding towards the final 130mm gun , so was using the 100mm gun in this amazing game

I really like this tank , amazing mobility , great agility , good armour when hull down , and both the 100mm and the 130mm guns have really nice accuracy

if you add in the fact you get spaced armour at the sides , and useable gun depression ( - 5 ) then I really think its a very nice tank - especially when top tier

Its the gun and mobility that makes this tank stand out.

You lose armor and.. doesnt have the best gun handling. If you can learn how the armor works, not bad. Just be warry of tanks taller thank you.

Sniping... although im always tempted to do it, is not its strong point.

I usually stick with my heavies and support till mid/end game and then go blasting mediums and lights, and arty. Always kill the arty.

I have the wz111, so armor is same. I get double the practice *rolls eyes*.

Its a keeper for me. I dont know of any other heavy at tier 9, running around with a 130mm.

The 1-4 and the conq have a special place in my heart even if both these tanks have gun handling is on opposite ends of the spectrum.

got to totally agree , the new HD Turret has transformed the fortune of the Conqueror , amazing durability now , for hull down tactics

alllied to a zero aim time gun ( when vertical stabiliser is fited ) and amazing accuracy , its a real keeper now , and my win rate in it now goes up and up

as i can actually carry a team , or do damaage without getting wrecked in the turret cheeks