Denizzje

The EU 'community' vs NA 'community'

Something I have been wondering for a while....

Is the NA community better than the people on the EU server? With that, I mean less toxic. Like less random namecalling, insults, general asshattery and stuff. I am not talking about skill in particular (who am I to judge that). I don't feel like downloading a seperate client and getting a second account as I simply don't have time to play on 2 accounts, but I do want to ask what players who do this think about both 'communities'.

Sorry in case my Dinglish does not make sense, or if this is the wrong forum. ;).

IDK about the wrong forum part.......you'll get different answers on different forums..........

Since I have never played on the EU server, all I have to go off of is FTR's pictures of racist EU players........I'd say that the EU server is less toxic for the amount of players they have......

I swear, I have never seen more creative racial slurs in an online video game..........and I've seen some pretty creative ones from our beloved NA server......

EU: biggest pool of retards, lot of language and racism.

NA: concentrated pool of retards, lots of "I'm a vet and killed over 300 terrorists, I will reck you mr. sexii!"

Both communities are toxic. However, I know that the blue-purple community on NA tends to stick together, I don't know about the EU one.

Both servers have equally shitty humans, but the NA community is less toxic imho. Not because euros are faigs or anything, but because NA is mostly just English-speaking Americans and Canadians. There's no racial tension, no national rivalry, and a lot more people brought up to the same beliefs.

Didn't we just discuss this?

Sorry, didnt bother to search the forums before I posted this :$ .

Both servers have equally shitty humans, but the NA community is less toxic imho. Not because euros are faigs or anything, but because NA is mostly just English-speaking Americans and Canadians. There's no racial tension, no national rivalry, and a lot more people brought up to the same beliefs.

I sometimes wish we had a 'Western Europe' server or something, as people from Western and Northern Europe tend to be English speakers while alot of the Eastern Europeans can't. Sometimes I just get tired of reading all that 'siema pl' stuff in the chat, or getting insulted in a slavic language.

Both communities are toxic. However, I know that the blue-purple community on NA tends to stick together, I don't know about the EU one.

We usually stick to insulting people with less than 5k battles and more than 2k WN8 but not yet purple as fail rerolls, that's where blues and purples are united on EU. Otherwise not so much.

Sorry, didnt bother to search the forums before I posted this :$ .

I sometimes wish we had a 'Western Europe' server or something, as people from Western and Northern Europe tend to be English speakers while alot of the Eastern Europeans can't. Sometimes I just get tired of reading all that 'siema pl' stuff in the chat, or getting insulted in a slavic language.

I'd still move over to EUW just to harass you personally :)

The only difference you'll find is between the official forum community and the wotlabs community. NA and EU both have toxic, capable, brain dead & nice players. Wotlabs are elitist because we only have nice people that are either good or want to improve.

The only difference you'll find is between the official forum community and the wotlabs community. NA and EU both have toxic, capable, brain dead & nice players. Wotlabs are elitist because we only have nice people that are either good or want to improve.

I find this forum a huge relief to read compared to the official forums, where everybody is just whining. Do you find the ammount of toxic and/or braindead people to be higher or lower on the EU server?

Nope, nope, nope. West or East - it doesn't matter, people do.

BTW. "siema pl" is old stuff. Now we have "udv" or "CZ/SK".

the EU community isnt really toxic to be honest. i like to taunt baddies from time to time but barely get any response. the (in-game) community is actually rather dull.

try league of legends if you want to know what "toxic" means :)

This might now seem strange, but from the NA replays I have watched and the streams I have seen I believe that NA chat is a loooot more active. This also leads me to the assumption that there are more general insults on NA. However due to the reasons Rexxie mentioned there are almost no racial/national insults on NA whereas this can be found on EU. Then again you have to consider that there are simply more languages on EU and a lot of people play despite not being the best at English (or under age kids who don't know to speak English properls. Or grown ups from the former USSR who simply don't speak English). 

Since a lot of Polish youngsters play the game Siema is seen quite often. Heck, I learnt to distinguish between Hungarian, Romanian, Czech and Polish greetings via WoT (I am German. Otherwise Moin would have been the second greeting I would have learned). Usually this is just the same as the usual o7ing and hi on NA, but sometimes you get Trolls doing it who then grief deliberately just to give some nation a bad name. Also from what I gathered most youngsters use Siema and due to their low age they don't stick that long to the game and are sadly often seen as Newbies in T5 throwing games. However it simply has to be mentioned that most of the competent Polish player base are silent but deadly tankers (and a lot of them dislike Siemas due to them giving PL a bad name). 
Sooo, there are a lot of languages you don't understand and thus also a lot of phrases thrown at you that COULD be insults. You just don't know. I once used google translate on a guy who wrote Czech in chat and it turned out he tried to warn me from tanks that were about to flank me.

While the NA server doesn't seem to have this problem they do have quite a few Spanish/Portugese speakers who don't want to speak English. There was a nice reaction to Spanish in the status update bar lately that would make EU cancerous if we were to adopt these practices. I mean if EU were to insult random mothers everytime someone doesn't speak English...   Yet afaik this is rare on NA. That does not mean it doesn't happen tho especially given the situation of English in the USA: Spoken so much that it could be the official language yet it isn't.

However when it comes to real racism I don't see it THAT often. From FTR you kinda get the impression that this stuff happens very often, but it doesn't. It is rare imo and most of the times the community already delivers a swift response in game by reporting the player in question.  Also note that SS never ever depicted the teams reaction to those comments... On the other hand FTR garners the impression that death wishes and cancer wishes are a lot more common on NA...

Also you don't hear any racism towards Afro Americans on EU (or Afro Europeans? I have no clue what the PC term would be).
Yet I doubt they are as common on NA as you would believe from the posts SS makes.

--> Every community has shit heads and sadly you notice them more than the silent majority. The only difference imo is how their asshatery varies.

On another note even the communities of different languages on the EU forum differ drastically. While English General Discussion seems to be a cancerous place filled with deniers the German forum section is filled with more competent players to contradict baddies with factual argumentation. Most German discussions I have read so far are far more constructive than their brethren in the English forum section. French forum is also different although I haven't browsed it enough yet to form a decent opinion (mostly because french forum speak is highly likely to kill my last decent remaining written Frech skills...)

Sry for the wall of text ;)

I've personally quit the official forums when I joined here, at least discussions are civil, and good points are made. On the official forums, it would have been shitposted to fuck in the first few replies.

My biggest gripe of the EU server is how fucking lazy the tomatoes are. There's a ton of info and tutorials available, use them and get better, rather than whine on the forums about invisible tanks or impenetrable armour.

Also, the ammount of threads demanding x/yx/y/z FOR FUCK ALL shows that some of the EU players are proper tight bastards, that even whinge about the free stuff they give away! Also, the ammount whining about the BT-SV being on sale finally gave me an anyrism, so now I'm here instead.

In my opinion, the EU server is more toxic, but for those reasons. I won't go into gameplay, as I suspect there's an equal split of retards on both NA and EU.

We still have some mexicans instead of slavs, but prolly wayyy less. (more ys means even wayyyer yknow, real shit).

I think it may be a bit of confirmation bias to assume that EU is more toxic than NA. It's likely fairly equal. Based on my experience, there's always some level of mistrust or disdain for foreign people. Even in RL interactions. I do a lot of training with foreign military groups, and while there's usually no issue with the Brits, Canadians, or Aussies, tensions are always a bit elevated with personnel from places like the UAE, France, Thailand, etc. As far as WoT goes, I generally have less confidence in the validity of statements made in Spanish than English (Spanish is the only other language we frequently see on NA).

Before anyone decides to be the typical retard interwebz white knight, please note that at no point did I say that foreign people are actually inferior or untrustworthy in any way, nor do I hold a belief that they are.

So, all that said, I think it's a general attitude of nationalism that is present everywhere, but manifests itself much more distinctly in multifaceted communities like EU or SEA than it does on the more homogenous community of NA. So while Euros spend all game insulting each others heritage and homeland, we are stuck with "retarded camping fgt" and "statpadding no life fat kid". The occurrence of either is likely equal between the servers, relative to population.

The WoT community is possibly the most toxic I have ever been a part of. Almost every game on NA, you will see someone calling someone else a shitter or a noob, or your choice of racial slur. Every game you will see something derogatory about someone's "stupid team" or how X player is retarded, or how someone wishes that someone else's mother would get cancer and die in a car crash.

I'd turn chat off, but every now and then you get a teammate who wants to put together a strategy in the 30 seconds before the game starts. And sometimes I enjoy that.

Google Translator + Polish topic about MM = https://translate.google.pl/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.worldoftanks.eu%2Findex.php%3F%2Ftopic%2F138359-wasze-opinie-o-matchmakerze-dyskusja-v-20%2Fpage__st__7020__pid__9674359%23entry9674359&edit-text=&act=url&authuser=0

tldr; MM is rigged, we don't need any evidences (we trust in our opinions and feelings) to proof it, I hate this game and WG but I let them cheat me all the time.

Read posts by: piotrmeler,  SzybkiBolek, UglyMary, remfire1.

Do you have topic like this? 

well I'll offer two insights and they both cover Spanish and English speakers on NA in my experience:

1. Regardless of language, when clans recruit in chat during countdown, the team with the most spam of this sort always loses regardless of language.  

2. If my team starts off with a lot of "test firing" at the end of the countdown, we lose.  

On English speakers on NA: there are many for whom English is supposedly "native" that can't type it in chat or forums worth a tinker's damn.  I suspect the same is true of Spanish but my knowledge is much more limited there.

Players who start off in Spanish or Portuguese in chat, either with clan recruitment or some other reason, are either very very good or just roflstomp suckass badd bad bad.  No middle ground in my experience.  Maybe English speaking players are the same way and my observations are just confirmation bias.. who knows.

Siema pozz moin!

kto pl pluton?

While others continu the noble work of recruiting for the great HAMI clan (or H4MI or HAMl or whatever its nowadays)

shot_123.jpg

Never played on NA, but EU is kinda ``entertaining`` most of the time, especially if you make fun of certain people (playing on Kharkov with a russian tank mentioning something along the lines of: Haha, i play russia tank on russia map!! usually leads to nice chat :P)