Denizzje

The EU 'community' vs NA 'community'

I'm not saying their ridiculous behavior is justified but you simply fail to understand how WoT worked before prem ammo, just like most people fail to understand how it worked pre-6th sense: Today, armor is pretty much worthless against any competent player, unless you can force a situation with several other things in your favor, usually in the form of strictly limited engagements. The Maus is the perfect example of a tank that went from slow but strong to complete and utter shit in all but the most competent hands. Something like the JPE100 is also supposed to be very strong but it too gets fucked over because everyone can load 300+ pen HEAT or APCR to rape its upper hull.  Personally, I can deal with the prem ammo but you fail to understand that many tanks, mediums in particular, got rid of their main weakness (low pen) for a price in credits while HTs and well armored TDs (Ferdinand and JT in particular) got a massive nerf with no compensation.

What's the point of being slow with derp guns if your opponent can bypass your main strengths by paying 4000 creds per shot and still get laser accuracy, high RoF, high mobility, high VR and a bouncy turret as compensation for "weak" penetration and slightly lower HP? That right there is why mediums became king of the hill for years, with the already strong T-54 being the most obscene example (went from 200 pen to 330 over night). Pubs are pubs and many of them likely whine because they cannot afford a premium account and spam their own APCR but prem ammo as a mechanic is still fucking terrible, even if I exploit it myself.

I do understand how things worked before sprem thank you, not that my understanding of a legitimate game mechanic has any relevance to the behaviour of players in response to its use.

Many of them won't know any different either, the "gold noob" spam is very often parroted by people with less games than I have this time around in WoT.

You yourself are railing against sprem and accusing me of a lack of understanding both as to why sprem is one source of powercreep and why it lowers the skill floor in the game.

I thought this thread was about the differences between NA and EU, not about why sprem "is bad" or not. Thanks for at least illustrating one of the most obvious differences.

Gold spam fucks balance. The only good thing is you can grind stock tanks without thinking of suicide.

This also made the average player an even bigger weakling as before, since otherwise only the strongest would survive!

Didn't expect this thread to become so 'popular', lol.

About the goldspamming rage, I sometimes see Hellcats or other paper tanks rage about gold ammo. It will also not be the first time I see somebody raging against APCR when it is the standard ammunition of the tonk which fired it.

One new thing I have noticed recently is being called a 'gold noob' for using a premium tank. This tends to happen with my T-34-3 by somebody who just got hit by that 122mm derplike gun on it. The logic is that I paid gold for a tank, so I am a gold noob. That you didnt even bother to angle your IS-3 so my 175mm standard ammo could not pen has nothing to do with it. 8)

The past 2 weeks I have noticed alot more teamdamaging / killing going on as well.

A recent thing I have been trying to do is greeting, in several languages (just put a macro on my keyboard). I found that games where people talk in the opening phase are more relaxed and less toxic. Ofcourse, the opposites also happens sometimes and I am told to 'shut the fuck up, asshole' for absoulutely no reason at all. :beard:

Actually the topic a giant tinfoil hat SerBinati discussion that's far too gone to be just a "MM is rigged" topic.

Opinions are as follow:

1 - Good players get dampened by RNG causing them to miss/bounce more often then others. "I'm playing in my T28 and see a FCM i fire and... bounce. After reloading i see a Lorraine 40t... and bounce again. At this point i just assumed it was a match the RNG was set to make us lose and i was right as it ended with a 2-15 score."

2 - The lemmings in lemming trains are actually bots that belong to Wargaming in order to make their game seem populated.

3 - Anyone in the thread who says the above 2 points are crazy talk is considered to be "bribed by WG" or a "useful idiot".

So yeah... tinfoil hats and fedoras.

That's why I'm no longer mister nice guy on official forum. Einstein was right about human stupidity.

Denizzje

Didn't expect this thread to become so 'popular', lol.

About the goldspamming rage, I sometimes see Hellcats or other paper tanks rage about gold ammo. It will also not be the first time I see somebody raging against APCR when it is the standard ammunition of the tonk which fired it.

One new thing I have noticed recently is being called a 'gold noob' for using a premium tank. This tends to happen with my T-34-3 by somebody who just got hit by that 122mm derplike gun on it. The logic is that I paid gold for a tank, so I am a gold noob. That you didnt even bother to angle your IS-3 so my 175mm standard ammo could not pen has nothing to do with it. 8)

I just love when pubs call me a gold noob when I'm firing prem HESH rounds ^^ So much noob! I noticed that "gold noob" for some players is just shortened version of normal insults. 

While the NA server doesn't seem to have this problem they do have quite a few Spanish/Portugese speakers who don't want to speak English. There was a nice reaction to Spanish in the status update bar lately that would make EU cancerous if we were to adopt these practices. I mean if EU were to insult random mothers everytime someone doesn't speak English...   Yet afaik this is rare on NA. That does not mean it doesn't happen tho especially given the situation of English in the USA: Spoken so much that it could be the official language yet it isn't.

When i was active on the official NA forum, every few weeks someone would make a thread asking to ban non-english speaking players because the NA server is the USA server for USA players (it isn't) and everyone should speak english, despite posts from the CM saying that server was made to serve central and south america and SEA region(before the SEA server) too and you can speak any language during battles. Don't know if that changed in the last two years.

NA players are as nationalistic and xenophobic as their EU counterparts, they just have less chances to act it out.

When i was active on the official NA forum, every few weeks someone would make a thread asking to ban non-english speaking players because the NA server is the USA server for USA players (it isn't) and everyone should speak english, despite posts from the CM saying that server was made to serve central and south america and SEA region(before the SEA server) too and you can speak any language during battles. Don't know if that changed in the last two years.

NA players are as nationalistic and xenophobic as their EU counterparts, they just have less chances to act it out.

Dont worry, Ive seen the same plenty of times on EU. Or split EU to west and east, as in you can only play with your part of Europe (And they think Im a communist).

To be fair, WGNA doesn't help this situation. In any of the in game moderated chat channels, they hand out chat bans for not speaking english.

To be fair, WGNA doesn't help this situation. In any of the in game moderated chat channels, they hand out chat bans for not speaking english.

thats also on EU server (chat channels are english only), main chat channel is always madness, one endless flood of random trash talk (and tons of people getting banned / warned xD)

Or split EU to west and east, as in you can only play with your part of Europe (And they think Im a communist).

Sorry, but I am in favour of that. ;)

As an American who can speak some french, I kind of want to go to EU and dick around pretending to be a french guy (It's fun having mortal enemies!) Plus, it's nice to have a change of community once in a while.

From my limited experience (NA only, there is still a lot of complaining about gold, but I never see much in the way of sperging, at least not in my matches. Also, playing the TOG II* has to be a diplomatic mission, I end up trading so many jokes with the enemy team.

I don't think EU is necessarily racist or xenophobic. Nobody really bears any hatred towards another nation or slings racial insults about. If the nationality card is pulled it's usually out of some national rivalry, like Brits always call out the French. 

IMO it's just funny. Beware of anyone with TURK, PL ,CZ, etc in their name. Guaranteed cretin. It's also why I think test server game play is so bad. Everyone gets a tag like this  :P

I would give my opinion, but I generally tend to be chat ba-

scratch that. I like EU because of entertainment value, there's always a few good pubbies who I can have banter with, mainly attempts to judge my team after I scream Leroy Jenkins or Jeff or replying to every comment by saying darude sandstorm, what annoys me is not the rage, people rage, I rage, do I mind? depends. What gets to me on EU is spammers every single game two seconds in " x is blocking my target" " x is blocking- please. god. why. do. you. install. mods. to. piss. people. off. like sweaty nine year olds finding out you can annoy people without being spanked

I don't think EU is necessarily racist or xenophobic. Nobody really bears any hatred towards another nation or slings racial insults about. If the nationality card is pulled it's usually out of some national rivalry, like Brits always call out the French. 

IMO it's just funny. Beware of anyone with TURK, PL ,CZ, etc in their name. Guaranteed cretin. It's also why I think test server game play is so bad. Everyone gets a tag like this  :P

When you have people from the Balkans playing (Serbs, Croats etc) then things can get hectic very fast.

Poles and Germans sling crap at each other, noone understands the Russian speakers at all.

There are areas of "Europe" where nationalism is very much on the rise as is "far right extremism" so the potential for racism is higher and EUmatoes are less inhibited about slinging this sort of shit around, largely because this is often counted as "normal" behaviour at home.