TheEmptyLord

112, WZ111, IS-6, KV-5: Reflection on upcoming accuracy changes.

Since we recently saw a lot of threads comparing the 112, Wz111, the KV-5 and the IS-6 in the current Meta I was quite surprised that most of those threads simply ignored the Given that all four of these tanks sport rather inaccurate guns according to their stats and specifically since the accuracy nerf seems to be mostly aimed at the 122mm Sniper gun three of them carry I though it is necessary to compare those tanks under the light of this change since premium tanks are a long term investment into WoT.
Note however that all my knowledge of any tank other than the IS-6 is derived from guides, WoTLabs posts and friends since I don't own them. Thus I would really appreciate it if a tanks owner might post how he thinks his machine will fare if it hits less as all I can do is make a quick guess according to what I read here.

IS-6: While I am not the best player in this tank I still manage 1825 average damage which I believe isn't too shabby.

increased reliance on aim might means either longer exposure or more missed snap shots. The latter will eat into profits and possibly reduce DPG while the former will most certainly allow enemies to aim longer for your weak spots. Given that the hull is fairly soft against high penetration T8 guns like most TD guns and the King Tigers long 105mm gun or the BL-9 the IS-6 will most likely fare worse against most T8 heavies. Some T9 heavies might even become almost invulnerable (E-75 cupola shots anyone?). While this can be migitated by side scraping it only allows you to negate RoF since you need to expose yourself longer to return fire. So the nerf will make the IS-6 more effective against the tanks it already face rolled (low pen ones) while high pen tanks will have a far easier time dispatching the IS-6.

112: afaik it has far better armor against high pen guns forcing them to either cupola snipe or hit the LFP (which is damageable even by low tier tanks AP). Given that this tank is harder than the IS-6 frontally if you assume that hitting weak spots becomes harder it might become better now.

KV-5: AFAIK from fighting it it has excellent armor unless high pen guns shoot gold or you hit one of the many weak spots (R2D2, cupola...). Yet I do not really know how good the 107mm gun is. If it is comparable to the T-150s gun it is already shit at snap shotting. However enemies not hitting weak spots reliably is only going to help tis beast.

WZ111: I seriously don't know enough about this tank. I believe that the lower plate is vulnerable as are the cupolas while the front offers protection around 230mm effective? Gun handling wise it should be worse than IS-6 but better than 112 . Please help me here.

So assuming that the planned accuracy nerf hits (even if we don't know much about it) which tank do you think will be hit the least/benefit the most?

The key point in your post:

(even if we don't know much about it)

It is pointless to speculate on the effect of an accuracy nerf until (a) it is finalized and (b) we know the details.

We don't know exactly what they are changing, it could be a minor nerf or it could be major. I'm quite certain that WG will have in mind how these changes affect certain tanks and probably won't nerf them too hard...I hope.

While I realize that any serious discussion about the upcoming change now is entirely pointless it could be possible to at least get an idea how dependant each tank is on good gun handling given its other characteristics. That way it could be possible to determine the one tank that is least affected (especially since all except the KV-5 basically share the same gun with slight handling differences).

If it weren' for the upcoming Christmas Sales (on EU at least you could not yet buy a KV-5 this month) and the possibility that the next date when the KV-5 will be sold again is a WG anniversary I would not even have made this thread. Even if all we produce here are half guesses it might still be more worthwhile to base a purchasing decision on them than entirely on the current meta (at least this irks me since I plan on getting one of the three other than the IS-6 I already own for Christmas).

With WG track record the Russian guns will get a stealth buff to balance out while my IS2 will launch fully aimed shots into orbit or the earths core but never down the pipe.

Next up: let us discuss what are the preferred padding tanks for WN11.

whatever bulba's driving

next question

I have a hard time believing the accuracy nerf will actually change how good tanks like the KV-5/IS-6/112 are.

The IS-6 will always be a good tank - it was before the accuracy changes forever ago, and that one was much more drastic than the upcoming one. An accuracy nerf is more likely to help the KV-5 than hurt it. The 112 is iffy, I guess, but again I'd like to stress that it's likely these changes won't be drastic enough to actually shift what tanks the meta favors. Yeah, you'll be missing a few extra shots, but it's not like every other map doesn't pit you ten meters from your targets.

Depending on how the in-game accuracy model is implemented (if it can be adjusted per tank or not), it's also possible that WG won't do much to prem tanks. We'll just have to wait and see for now.

They're not even half-guesses, they are total shots in the dark.

Next up: let us discuss what are the preferred padding tanks for WN11.

Well let's take it one step at a time, let's create a thread to discuss potential changes to wn9 and how it will affect the metagame.

Well let's take it one step at a time, let's create a thread to discuss potential changes to wn9 and how it will affect the metagame.

The Churchill Gun Carrier, ARL V39 and Chi-Ri will be the go-to tanks for budding unica.

I feel like those tanks are either knife fighters or peek-a-boomers anyway, at least the IS6... I don't think accuracy is a huge issue in close quarters combat. I mean, even an arty with 0.9 accuracy can land a shot from close range.

Edited by Chiefofops

I think the upcoming changes won't hurt the KV-5, as more inaccurate shots means less weakspot sniping. The KV-5s gun is good enough, for me anyways, that a change will not affect how I play it, or aim. IS-6 will just continue to be the IS-6. Hard to say about the 112 as I don't play it often enough yet to guess how it'll fair. And I won't even get into the WZ.

the is6 has problems as it is, i cant pen the underside of a e75 at a direct angle even with gold

You can, but at 100meters without any angling you only have 33% chance to do so with APCR.

(and 2% with AP).