Captain_F22ACE

WoWP 1.6.3: 1 Odd Update

#CauseWG. At this point I don't even know why or what WG's reasons are, but according to Haswell, it's balanced with the Vulcan. Hell, WG put in the Bf 110C-6 with a derp gun, yet won't let the Mossie, Me 410, and Me 262 have their derp guns.

I'm convinced Persha put it in for the lulz factor.

Anymore, I'm going to chalk up game related technical nonsense such as what you've observed to "hookers-n-blow".

That's incredibly silly.

Simply because one example served as a test mule for Project Vulcan does not mean that was a standard armament for the type.(especially "WTF" considering there was only one or two "D"s ever built..)

The '94 was pretty much out of service by the time Vulcan was in flight test stages.

If they wanted to "balance", they could have let it use it's more historically E5 FCS, and given it some kind of absurd viewrange buff, maybe coupled with a functioning afterburner and/or a long cooldown on it's rocket armament..

yeah, they should have stuck to the WoT style of historicaly accurate vehicles.

From playing on RU at near-deadzone times, it's apparent that the MM "works" once population goes above 1-1.5k.. With the measly 800 players that we often get at peak times on NA, alongside the tier IV missions that some WG guy thought was a great idea (hint: it wasn't), grinding high tier planes is essentially even more impossible than it was before. Bravo WG, bravo. Also: The "snowball" gamemode gets old real quick.

On a positive note: WG seems to be making decently good back-end decisions/improvements, however little of an effect they might have upon the casual player. Loading screens were redone (except for El Halluf because reasons?) to finally support resolutions higher than 1920x1080. The hangar UI feels snappier and more responsive than it did before, even on the RU server. However, these sorts of things were neglected when it came to being mentioned in the patchnotes.

On the aspect of the F-94D: It's probably best summarized as a tier IX version of the Ta 152 by the sounds of how the gun works. Which is actually a good thing, since the Ta 152 can be quite fun. However, population is more dead than ever at high tiers because of the previously mentioned tier IV target of the holiday event, so good luck every getting/playing it.

Side-note: The slowly reloading snowballs (essentially rockets) used in the UFO gamemode set a precedent possibly for allowing high-altitude bombers to be introduced into the game in a fashion similar to what I've been thinking could be used to make them balanced against ILs that have guns and such. A long road of balance decisions, of course, but I feel that the game could benefit in population if B-17s and the like were added. I would never play them myself, probably, but people do love the B-17.

yeah, they should have stuck to the WoT style of historicaly accurate vehicles.

You owe me a beer, and a keyboard.

Well done sir.

On the aspect of the F-94D: It's probably best summarized as a tier IX version of the Ta 152 by the sounds of how the gun works. Which is actually a good thing, since the Ta 152 can be quite fun. However, population is more dead than ever at high tiers because of the previously mentioned tier IV target of the holiday event, so good luck every getting/playing it.

Side-note: The slowly reloading snowballs (essentially rockets) used in the UFO gamemode set a precedent possibly for allowing high-altitude bombers to be introduced into the game in a fashion similar to what I've been thinking could be used to make them balanced against ILs that have guns and such. A long road of balance decisions, of course, but I feel that the game could benefit in population if B-17s and the like were added. I would never play them myself, probably, but people do love the B-17.

Except the only way the '94 mounted said gun is as a one-off test platform.....

Literally, one plane..

The "rocket" bit is easily handled, in that you do not introduce many, and their "strengths" (crazy long view and insane alpha) are more than offset by other factors (like unreliable or easily overheated AB's or shitastic handling.).

Except the only way the '94 mounted said gun is as a one-off test platform.....

Literally, one plane..

The "rocket" bit is easily handled, in that you do not introduce many, and their "strengths" (crazy long view and insane alpha) are more than offset by other factors (like unreliable or easily overheated AB's or shitastic handling.).

I guess the major drawback to having such a great gun is that as a fighter it has a ~40 second turn time according to its stat-card, that and the gun can only be fired for brief moments.

I guess the major drawback to having such a great gun is that as a fighter it has a ~40 second turn time according to its stat-card, that and the gun can only be fired for brief moments.

They instituted overheating.

In a cannon design intended to overcome overheating while producing absurd rates of fire.

FFS wargaming. What the hell are you people smoking?

Is the Do-17 going to be obtainable with the current player levels on WoWP? 

Yes, half of the missions are in the Snowball Fight mode, which is auto-filled with bots. Very easy to grind no matter what the population. The other missions are kill 5 planes of a certain type, which is also easy enough.

The real problem is that there is no game outside tier 4. Everyone is running tier 4 at the moment due to the holiday missions being restricted to that tier. So if you want to get your Yak, good luck farming damage. It's so bad that you are better off hunting BSH's at tier 4 and losing with 1k+ damage rather than trying to win and netting 300 damage per game.

They instituted overheating.

In a cannon design intended to overcome overheating while producing absurd rates of fire.

FFS wargaming. What the hell are you people smoking?

Rubles, way cheaper than tobacco.

The real problem is that there is no game outside tier 4. Everyone is running tier 4 at the moment due to the holiday missions being restricted to that tier. So if you want to get your Yak, good luck farming damage. It's so bad that you are better off hunting BSH's at tier 4 and losing with 1k+ damage rather than trying to win and netting 300 damage per game.

What's funny is that the Yak-3RD mission for the NA Cluster allows tiers IV+, while the one for RU requires tiers VI+. I feel that if the Yak mission had a higher requirement for NA, we might see more people in the upper tiers despite the boring tier IV missions currently going on...

Oh, and they are SO boring and poorly rewarded. There are a couple easy ones if you need to grab some extra bunker spaces, but the Dornier missions can be done in 5 minutes in Snowball land or just by flying ANY tier.

Kinda just summed up the entirety of WoWP in a nutshell right there.

Yea, can't argue. 13 months into release and the only thing to do STILL is pub battles... and not even 10 tiers worth of pub battles!

WoWP is pretty dead at this point. It hurts me to say it but I don't think they can pull it out of the nose-dive at this point.

Gunlion requested that the Devs. give the NA a special MM, or MM without so many strings attached, which has made the MM more like it was in beta: Proposed-na-matchmaker-changes And these changes are now live as of 1.6.5.

Meanwhile, the 1.7CT was supposed to go up today, but according to here: When-will-the-update-1-7-public-test-start The CT was delayed due to an issue with the BigWorld update, and once again WGNA posted the patch notes ahead of everyone else, but had to pull them due to the delay.

I'll post the patch notes in a new thread once the 1.7CT goes up.

Meanwhile: Update-1-7-preview It seems that Persha has something very amusing but possibly helpful for the game from a MM and ad campaign viewpoint planned in 1.8.