alcor_panzer

Armored Warfare

Just cause you think its ok doesnt mean they won't persist being fagots about it

Right, because hitskins completely do not offer an advantage to users.

And don't even get me started on the "red pillar for out of vision vehicles" mod I've heard of...

Whoever said that hatred will never defeat hatred is an advocate of being doormats or masochists. AW is not falling into the trap of turning the other cheek only to get punched again. Good on them.

And don't even get me started on the "red pillar for out of vision vehicles" mod I've heard of...

Whoever said that hatred will never defeat hatred is an advocate of being doormats or masochists. AW is not falling into the trap of turning the other cheek only to get punched again. Good on them.

...wtf are you talking about

Personally, I think hitskin users are giving me an advantage. While they try to aim at a particular crew member or module, I'm snap shotting them for damage and getting back into cover.

It's Guardian. No one knows what he's on about most of the time.

+1 for this because it's amusing true. Half the time I don't know what I'm on about when I go back and look at it.

It translates to something like "Yes, AW is being assholish about mods, however, given the hoops that mods make people jump through to get an advantage in WoT, if time is money, then it might as well be paid DLCs that offer content that makes it much easier to win--or lose if you misuse the information, and, well, no multiplayer F2P video game can really tolerate that. Pay2Play games can, but Free2Play would just make most of the players upset, and guess what most of the players do for an online game? They provide the population."

If every non-paying player for WoT under 50% recent winrate quit, WoT may well disintegrate due to people not liking the slow MM and thus going on break, making it even slower.

^this is why legalising pot was a bad idea.

AW have to steal some of the playerbase from WoT with it being a niche market and it's good to see they are gently trolling WoT by letting WG make the mistakes then cherry picking the best solutions.

I said it once on the AW forums and I'll say it again here: mods are bad for the game.

There is absolutely NO argument that can be made for "perfectly legal mods" not giving an unfair advantage to the user, specifically the maximum render distance square and the max (as well as your current) view range and the last-known location of enemy tanks as well as which ones have been spotted already.

Your average Joe running vanilla WoT playing versus your average Joe running view-range mods? It's not even a competition. The latter player will know precisely where he can become spotted and dance outside of that spotting range, while also utilizing the maximum render distance to shoot enemies spotted by your allies without them ever having a chance. The other dude? Well he's going to have to run through trial-and-error techniques to approximate where he can get spotted and where he can't, costing him HP or possibly sending him back to the garage.

I remember quite well when I was a noob at WoT, I used to get very angry at "disappearing tanks" that would drive right outside of my render distance as I was shooting at them. I never claimed any cheating was going on; rather I decided to learn the mechanics more in-depth to understand the spotting system. And now after all these years, it is evident that the spotting system is one of the most important elements in the game, and any spotting-mechanics advantage that a mod gives should be outright banned if Wargaming cares at all about playing on equal footing. Of course as we all know, they don't give a flying fuck, but I sure hope that Obsidian Entertainment will, and this 100% ban on all mods is a very proper stance in my opinion.

I have no interest in waiting four years for WG to add basic user interface elements. I think Obsidian will be more open to giving players more info out of the box.

I said it once on the AW forums and I'll say it again here: mods are bad for the game.

There is absolutely NO argument that can be made for "perfectly legal mods" not giving an unfair advantage to the user, specifically the maximum render distance square and the max (as well as your current) view range and the last-known location of enemy tanks as well as which ones have been spotted already.

Your average Joe running vanilla WoT playing versus your average Joe running view-range mods? It's not even a competition. The latter player will know precisely where he can become spotted and dance outside of that spotting range, while also utilizing the maximum render distance to shoot enemies spotted by your allies without them ever having a chance. The other dude? Well he's going to have to run through trial-and-error techniques to approximate where he can get spotted and where he can't, costing him HP or possibly sending him back to the garage.

I remember quite well when I was a noob at WoT, I used to get very angry at "disappearing tanks" that would drive right outside of my render distance as I was shooting at them. I never claimed any cheating was going on; rather I decided to learn the mechanics more in-depth to understand the spotting system. And now after all these years, it is evident that the spotting system is one of the most important elements in the game, and any spotting-mechanics advantage that a mod gives should be outright banned if Wargaming cares at all about playing on equal footing. Of course as we all know, they don't give a flying fuck, but I sure hope that Obsidian Entertainment will, and this 100% ban on all mods is a very proper stance in my opinion.

So if the client lacks colorblind mode what the fuck am i supposed to do. The first mod i instaled in WOT was the one to help me SEE the enemy. Some mods are bad, no mods is worse. We would never have reloading timers or minimap info in wot if there were no mods.

Upvoted because he does have a valid point. If AW did it right (by including several colour-blind modes for various common types of colour-blindness... or even just making the icon colours player-choice) there should be no reason for mods. However you should have expected the neg-bombing for daring to speak the truth...

So if the client lacks colorblind mode what the fuck am i supposed to do. The first mod i instaled in WOT was the one to help me SEE the enemy. Some mods are bad, no mods is worse. We would never have reloading timers or minimap info in wot if there were no mods.

Upvoted because this is also a good point. I will now go on AW forums and post a suggestion making team colours/patterns player choice (i.e. however colour-blind you are, you can still see a white versus black or checkered icon)

Colour blind mode is typically a feature of any self-respecting company, especially Western companies. I'm almost certain it will be included in the game.

There is absolutely NO argument that can be made for "perfectly legal mods" not giving an unfair advantage to the user

If a mod is legal, anyone can install it and there is no unfair advantage.

If the person ignores the existance of the mod he is at no more of a disadvantage than the person that ignores view mechanics because he can't be bothered to look up how they work.

Therefore your argument is invalid.

If the person ignores the existance of the mod he is at no more of a disadvantage than the person that ignores view mechanics because he can't be bothered to look up how they work.

So you're saying that in order to get the maximum performance out of a competitive PvP-based tank warfare game, everybody should be required to install third-party mods?

And those that are clueless about such a bizarre mechanic (I have never played another MMO where mods are an essential part of the gaming experience) should just naturally be at a disadvantage?

Get real.

And those that are clueless about such a bizarre mechanic (I have never played another MMO where mods are an essential part of the gaming experience) should just naturally be at a disadvantage?

Get real.

Apparently you've never raided in WoW.

And mods in WoT are hardly essential. I played on a vanilla client for years and and still do for the first couple weeks after each patch. Zoom out is really the only mod that made a huge difference in my gaming experience (and only because I get motion sick from claustrophobia inducing tight camera angles. I used to not be able to play more than half an hour or so at a time before I got so nauseated I had to stop and rest.)

Apparently you've never raided in WoW.

And mods in WoT are hardly essential. I played on a vanilla client for years and and still do for the first couple weeks after each patch. Zoom out is really the only mod that made a huge difference in my gaming experience (and only because I get motion sick from claustrophobia inducing tight camera angles. I used to not be able to play more than half an hour or so at a time before I got so nauseated I had to stop and rest.)

I'll say it again, fuck camera inertia and recoil effects

I think it's too early to judge whether a mod availability in AW is good or not. First of all, what's your definition of a mod? Say if Obsidian were to release editable client configuration file only that allows customization of interface color and positioning plus minor vfx, would you consider that as acceptable? Or are you satisfied only if Obsidian released a full blown accessible API ala Skyrim?

This raises another question, how much you want to make your game accessible to modify such that questionable mods like Warpack are prevented to exist? After all Warpack exist because of WG API. Another problem to consider is we really don't know how Obsidian designs AW. It could be that by just allowing custom script, a serious exploit can already be made to the game internal logic.

Finally, as the game itself is still in very early stage (and will still likely be in such stage 2-3 years in the future), clearly you don't want mod to interfere with debugging and game testing. We all know how mods can cause strange bugs in WoT

Mods should just be banned outright because:

1. It forces the development to track legal mods to avoid banning for them

2. It helps illegals mod makers find workarounds disguising itself as a legal mod

3. If a popular mod is deemed illegal players will throw a crybaby drama bitchfit

4. What's considered illegal and legal ends up being Dev opinion vs player opinion

5. On patch day half of the players are missing because there's no way they will play without their personalised custom modpack

6. Puts extra pressure on device to keep 3rd party mods supported and not exploitable

In conclusion mods are shit

Mods are always cancer, although WG is a special kind of retarded for allowing shit like XVM to exist due to the very long list of features that basically amounts to hacking in other competitive games. It got so bad that they actually ended up adopting many of said features, despite their game not really being designed around them (on such small maps, being able to go invisible is key, yet there we have some shit mod keeping track of your position and even showing your exact tank).

No mods does mean that Obsidian needs to step up, though, since it will require the base game to keep a higher standard. WG's non-caring view on all of the most absurdly game breaking mods basically meant that they didn't have to do UI updates for two years or something. That won't fly if something isn't up to par in AW.

Mods are always cancer, although WG is a special kind of retarded for allowing shit like XVM to exist due to the very long list of features that basically amounts to hacking in other competitive games. It got so bad that they actually ended up adopting many of said features, despite their game not really being designed around them (on such small maps, being able to go invisible is key, yet there we have some shit mod keeping track of your position and even showing your exact tank).

No mods does mean that Obsidian needs to step up, though, since it will require the base game to keep a higher standard. WG's non-caring view on all of the most absurdly game breaking mods basically meant that they didn't have to do UI updates for two years or something. That won't fly if something isn't up to par in AW.

Which reminds me: is there a "last known position" marker on the minimap in AW as well?

PS: I agree with most here, mods should be banned.  Yes, I use them, but only because I feel they are too widespread and give too much advantages over people that don't use it.  So if you play completely vanilla and still rock house, respect (like Ornazel or EJ)

I can see an early access forum, but there don't seem to be any posts in there at all, is this a forum bug or did I somehow get into alpha without receiving an email?

Just checked my profile on the site, and that seems to indicate unsurprisingly I don't have access, so I'm reasonably sure it's just a bug.

Negged.  It becomes the search for the most abusive mods.  It also assumes that the mods are public and there are a few in the history of WoT that were never publicly available.  Example: the amazingly abusive MM dodger.

I'm mostly upset that I under this policy, I won't be able to modify my crosshair, make my own model skins or change my crew portraits.

We're basically at the mercy of Obsidian to give us a customizable/good UI, which I'm not exactly optimistic about given how notoriously weak UI design is in online gaming. There's a reason why UI mods are so popular in them. Add to that the fact that they're basically copying the stock WG UI... yea.