alcor_panzer

Armored Warfare

Negged.  It becomes the search for the most abusive mods.  It also assumes that the mods are public and there are a few in the history of WoT that were never publicly available.  Example: the amazingly abusive MM dodger.

Yeah, we should punish the majority because a minority abuse. 

Obsidian should treat us all as cheaters, instead of actively denying the actual cheaters. 

also can I get a link to the WoT mod that fixes my MM? Sounds good!

I assume you have found this

http://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?10062-Early-Access-Details

First the dates of the first round of testing is May 27th to June 3rd.

Testing times will be:

EU Server: 6pm - 9pm CEST on weekdays and 5pm - 10pm CEST on weekends
US Server 8pm – 11pm ET on weekdays and 7pm – midnight ET on weekends

Hours are a little weak

Durrrr, it was never publicly released.  There were those who had access to it, and then there were the plebs stuck with default MM.

Let me be completely on the record here:  I have no problem with garage mods, Anime Skins, or any other PURELY aesthetic mods.  Any mod that gives you an edge in the game I am flat-out against.

WG is complete shit when it comes to "Legal" and "Illegal" Mods.  And it is FUCKING RIDICULOUS that the rules vary by the Server.

I don't use any of the mods listed on this Official Policy Notice : https://na.wargaming.net/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/272/18/policy-on-prohibited-modifications

I do use the Sela Mod pack and several of the items provide an advantage (Minimap is OP, Auto Aim is OP)

As long as they make it clear, I will follow the rules.

Somehow my satellite shitternet has been putting a steady 300-600kb down the whole time.

Just barely enough to strem guud animus~

Yeah, we should punish the majority because a minority abuse. 

Obsidian should treat us all as cheaters, instead of actively denying the actual cheaters. 

Punishing the majority because of a minority abusing things...

...sounds like every airport security check ever, or background check at a reputable gun store.

Most people who want to bring a gun on a plane are not intending to hijack the plane, and most people buying guns are not past violent offenders looking for the next kill.

But... well...

Taking precautions does not mean failing to deny the actual cheaters. There has not been a school shooting spree in Australia since they actually cracked down on the gun laws, therefore school shooters seem to have been denied by the widespread measure. Similarly, completely retarded mods are removed by banning mods in general.

I have no idea what is so difficult to understand. If you'd like to convince me that your argument is right and I am wrong, please try to get on a plane with a gun in your carry-on baggage...

...thought so.

I might be interested in this game if there's no possibility of an XVM-alike for it. I swear, turning purple made me rage-quit once the XVM DB caught up.

The devs I've talked to hate XVM with the kind of burning passion I generally associate with stat deniers.  Pretty sure they'd rather show up to a klan rally in blackface than allow something remotely XVM like. 

The devs I've talked to hate XVM with the kind of burning passion I generally associate with stat deniers.  Pretty sure they'd rather show up to a klan rally in blackface than allow something remotely XVM like. 

One thing is true though, stats will always be available publicly, and if it is possible to mod the game it is possible to implement an XVM-esque mod. I think what it comes down to is that AW needs to be customizable enough from stock that people with poor computers, those who suffer from motion sickness, and others with different issues can adjust the game to suit their needs. They seem to've been receptive enough thusfar to input, so these sorts of things should be brought to their attention. 

I'm about as far as you can get from a programmer, but with publicly available stats, would it be possible to create some kind of program that ran outside of the client and read from it to pull down the info on the people in your match, or something like that?

I'm about as far as you can get from a programmer, but with publicly available stats, would it be possible to create some kind of program that ran outside of the client and read from it to pull down the info on the people in your match, or something like that?

No, it isn't possible.  You can only view stats in the garage and even then in your own garage only.  At present you can't even extract the file that contains these because the file is stored on their server, not your local computer and it only updates what your local computer may know when you actively open the stats page.

They are going a lot out of their way to prevent XVM or any type of stat integration with gameplay.  At present you can't even look at another player's stat profile without them sending you a screenshot.

Also remember guys, Obsidian did the Fallout Games and was involved in the development of the Skyrim Engine in association with Bethesada.  They do a lot of roleplaying stuff up to this point and expect to see elements of RP integrated into the game with how crews advance (possibly without a limit to their advancement) with a much more detailed and involved level up system.  In addition to this, there is a lot of talk of personal base's that will have effects on gameplay elements and rewards in addition to clan bases (Currently Called Private Military Organizations, name subject to change).  While the clan system won't be in the game yet the plans for Clan Wars look very similar to what is coming to CW for WoT and the plan for Tournaments and League play down the road is in place if the game is successful enough.

I think that is most of what I can and cannot say (NDA Restrictions prevent more).  If you have direct questions I may be able to answer them.  Expect to see more videos by me starting tomorrow afternoon when the EU server goes down.

In the mean time, here is what we had as of the last focus Alpha Test:

Punishing the majority because of a minority abusing things...

...sounds like every airport security check ever, or background check at a reputable gun store.

Most people who want to bring a gun on a plane are not intending to hijack the plane, and most people buying guns are not past violent offenders looking for the next kill.

But... well...

Taking precautions does not mean failing to deny the actual cheaters. There has not been a school shooting spree in Australia since they actually cracked down on the gun laws, therefore school shooters seem to have been denied by the widespread measure. Similarly, completely retarded mods are removed by banning mods in general.

I have no idea what is so difficult to understand. If you'd like to convince me that your argument is right and I am wrong, please try to get on a plane with a gun in your carry-on baggage...

...thought so.

So you're now comparing mods and their abuse to guns and school shootings? This game and its mods have no impact on RL whereas school shootings.....

Jesus Christ Guardian. Get a fucking grip on reality man.

Rather than philosophizing mod too much, why don't we just get practical and examine the game file to see the modding potential by ourselves?

I just finished downloading the client, and at a glance I see a lot of .pak data. If this is the usual quake .pak format, I think it's definitely possible to extract them and look at the skins and model file. 

Rather than philosophizing mod too much, why don't we just get practical and examine the game file to see the modding potential by ourselves?

I just finished downloading the client, and at a glance I see a lot of .pak data. If this is the usual quake .pak format, I think it's definitely possible to extract them and look at the skins and model file. 

And how does that help? They probably use checksums and / or signatures on those files. Change them and get flagged and banned.

If they don't want mods it is easy to prevent mods from being used. Even if the used format would make implementing them possible.

Oh right, one other very important mod. 1% texture packs. Without them, Gandi could not play this game.

I guess that's an unfair advantage, right? So is having a better computer. Maybe we should ban good computers.

My statement on this:  Blocky textures, no problem.  Leaf removal, problem.  Both help with FPS, one is also abusive.

My statement on this:  Blocky textures, no problem.  Leaf removal, problem.  Both help with FPS, one is also abusive.

Well tell them that, I may actually use a 1% res mod if the game runs as poorly as it did last test. 25 fps is not fun.