alcor_panzer

Armored Warfare

Rather than philosophizing mod too much, why don't we just get practical and examine the game file to see the modding potential by ourselves?

I just finished downloading the client, and at a glance I see a lot of .pak data. If this is the usual quake .pak format, I think it's definitely possible to extract them and look at the skins and model file. 

From someone with more experience than I:

"Normal methods for gutting an encrypted .pak are not working."

"They're doing weird things that are not normal for Cryengine.  They mean business."

"It's even harder to put the file back together."

"Could take a month."

From what he's telling me, it's possible.  But immensely difficult.  And would require all the work to be done again every patch, assuming they change their encryption keys.  So not saying it can't happen, but saying it's very unlikely.

From someone with more experience than I:

"Normal methods for gutting an encrypted .pak are not working."

"They're doing weird things that are not normal for Cryengine.  They mean business."

"It's even harder to put the file back together."

"Could take a month."

From what he's telling me, it's possible.  But immensely difficult.  And would require all the work to be done again every patch, assuming they change their encryption keys.  So not saying it can't happen, but saying it's very unlikely.

Interesting, I guess unless Obsidian release their own custom sdk, modding would be almost impossible then.

I thought they may consider allowing some form of mod in the future but knowing that they specifically go out of their way to provide this kind of protection, it's likely they will not allow mods ever. 

Well tell them that, I may actually use a 1% res mod if the game runs as poorly as it did last test. 25 fps is not fun.

25 fps is bad, wat?

FUUUUCK was playing Witcher 3 all night and forgot to download, AHHHHHH

Ok but tomorrow I'll join in.

So you're now comparing mods and their abuse to guns and school shootings? This game and its mods have no impact on RL whereas school shootings.....

Jesus Christ Guardian. Get a fucking grip on reality man.

I upvoted because I did go hyperbolic, intentionally, to point out that punishing the majority for the minority's abuses is commonplace.

Something less drastic: An internet forum bans certain profanities due to a few people liking to heap abuse on others, while most people would just be using it in contexts like "FFS" I.e. contexts like the comment you posted above. Some forums would censor that, which hampers proper expression of exasperation.

At the very least tier 1 gameplay looks more interesting than WoT because it's not loltraktors and crap ;o)

Still looks like WoT 1.5 to me. We'll see tonight for real I suppose.

I upvoted because I did go hyperbolic, intentionally, to point out that punishing the majority for the minority's abuses is commonplace.

Something less drastic: An internet forum bans certain profanities due to a few people liking to heap abuse on others, while most people would just be using it in contexts like "FFS" I.e. contexts like the comment you posted above. Some forums would censor that, which hampers proper expression of exasperation.

Except swearing may be down to the EULA or age restriction. It's bad for your product to allow 12 year olds to pick up words like thundercunt.

Just because you think it's common, doesn't mean it's fair or fun.

To throw back an equally retarded example, we should just recognise ISIS as a legitimate government because religious genocide commonplace throughout human history.

So the game crashed while I was changing settings and now it won't let me on because lol too many playarz.

This is a bad start.

EDIT: And it keeps resizing my chrome window. What is this shit?

This example reminded me of the "chink" incident

Unless you buy your way in. There's currently an authentication issue with the servers though. Looks like the auth server fell over and it isn't letting anyone in.

Unless you buy your way in. There's currently an authentication issue with the servers though. Looks like the auth server fell over and it isn't letting anyone in.

Have you switched to EU server setting in AW launcher?

Have you switched to EU server setting in AW launcher?

No I tried to connect to the server that says "Down" in the server window... yes I set the server to EU.

So much so for another WOT killer.......

Well apparently they didn't even prepare enough server space despite knowing the exact number of early access players.

Server is up now finally, played some low tier loltanks. Feels fun, although map design and dynamics seems very similar to low tier WOT....

So much so for another WOT killer.......

Well apparently they didn't even prepare enough server space despite knowing the exact number of early access players.

This isn't the open beta EA.  This is another testing phase, done in specific time periods.  Even then, they're likely letting in far more players than ever before - give them time.

After playing only few battles I have to say WoT players will find this game very familiar no doubt. Almost every interface settings are as expected in WoT. Even minor things like the screenshot button is there. 

On the other note, PT-76 upgraded gun has 0.13 accuracy, talk about Russian gun.