alcor_panzer

Armored Warfare

When i played HE or HESH, at least from the scorpion's 76mm did barely any damage to armor, consistently under 50hp.

Last alpha, I was consistently dealing 200+ per hit to M60/T-64 with the Scorpion's HE. Only shots to the tracks would deal ~50 damage.

I fired frontally at the track of a T-62 (couldn't see anything else) and did ~65 damage. Normal non-penetrating shots with the Scorpion versus M60 and the T-62 usually did 50 to 100 points of damage but sometimes penetrated aswell.

From the last alpha actually. I think they've toned it down a bit.

Yea they toned it down. With scorpion non-pen hits with HE only does about 50 damage. However I more or less pen all the time against tier 1/2 tanks anyway.

I'd just like to point out how fucking idiotic this is.

Anybody EST want to toon tonight when it goes live?

I will be and live streaming if it works this time.

Well that was fun.  Failed to Connect to Authentication Server in the middle of my first game.

It was weird, I was still able to play and shoot tanks, until I accidentally clicked the Exit button. RIP

We had the same problem on the EU server, hence the term, Early Access Closed Beta.  They apparently had a server hamster fall off the wheel.

Lucky me. Corrupted install/download... verifying client didn't fix. Guess it'll be a gym night after all ;o)

We had the same problem on the EU server, hence the term, Early Access Closed Beta.  They apparently had a server hamster fall off the wheel.

You don't need to keep waving the "It's Beta" flag around here like it's the official forums ;o)

Such a phrase might even cause MWO vets to start seeing red!

Just going to play Everquest and WoT until a few days from now I think :P

Facebook says the NA test is now cancelled. I didn't get to play cause I'm still at evening classes but that's still a bummer.

Hopefully they compensate by opening up 24/7 servers sometime in early June for our playing pleasure :D

You don't need to keep waving the "It's Beta" flag around here like it's the official forums ;o)

Such a phrase might even cause MWO vets to start seeing red!

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaah fuck that game and all the money i sunk into it... 

I think my biggest non-bug beef with the game is the controls. God they feel awful. Playing with 60-90 ping and 45-60fps and the game just feels really slow to respond. Lots of play in the mouse/keyboard action.

I think my biggest non-bug beef with the game is the controls. God they feel awful. Playing with 60-90 ping and 45-60fps and the game just feels really slow to respond. Lots of play in the mouse/keyboard action.

Yeah I know what you mean. Once you get rolling it's fine, but god forbid you have to suddenly reverse and turn the wheels. I'm hoping it's just an Alpha test thing, because right now they're very non-fluid and it's hard to navigate accurately, especially around hills.

You guys expected some sort of smooth 1st day closed beta test with shitload of people trying to login?

Hahaha haha Aaaaahahaha

I wouldn't xpect things to stabilize for several days at least

And people calling bullshit on mechanics fps and crashes on day 1 closed beta test. Jeez it's like people never tested a game before in their lives.

If you just want to play and not test just go back to wot or we for a month.

Players are just pathetic these days... God

I think it went okay (EU). I mean we all kind of expected a cluster fuck when the gates opened and i only lost about 30-45 mins due to the "too many users on server" issue but once i got in, it went pretty well.

I really enjoyed the Scorpion, it reminded me about the Sherman and its derp gun in the old days, just better.

Stll there are a lot of adjustment to be made, compared to Wot, wot is still much more "clean" i its appearance, and AW has to many debris/obstacles that you get stuck on...

BUT i had a lot of fun driving a freeking tier 1 and 2 tank.... when have you ever had that feeling in WOT ?

I think it went okay (EU). I mean we all kind of expected a cluster fuck when the gates opened and i only lost about 30-45 mins due to the "too many users on server" issue but once i got in, it went pretty well.

I really enjoyed the Scorpion, it reminded me about the Sherman and its derp gun in the old days, just better.

Stll there are a lot of adjustment to be made, compared to Wot, wot is still much more "clean" i its appearance, and AW has to many debris/obstacles that you get stuck on...

BUT i had a lot of fun driving a freeking tier 1 and 2 tank.... when have you ever had that feeling in WOT ?

I still get a giggle out of driving my Loltractor (it has never been sold) I'm jelly of all you guys. I've got early access, but I'm away from my PC for another fortnight.

What a pity for the NA test, the game itself is pretty fun (because we have modern vehicles, the tier 1/2/3 tanks already drives and performs well unlike the early tanks in WOT). Looking forward to another round of EU test play here.