alcor_panzer

Armored Warfare

And get rid of all the fucking grass in sniper mode (yes, I'm repeating this one). I mean really? My gunner is UNDER my tank with binoculars looking through the grass to target? ffs...

The excessive amount of grass bothered me too.  But it can be turned off.  Forgot exactly which setting.  I remember turning one of the graphical detail settings down to low or none, and the only foliage I see now is the important, camo providing stuff.  

The level to which you're punished for aggressive play is horrendous. I was at full HP in my Sheridan and our team was pinned in the city on Port Storm. So I crossed the top of the highway to get to the fight, a fairly cautious move in WoT, and got spotted by something invisible. Lost 1k health in six seconds to campers. Fucking...hell.

Port Storm is a pretty bad map in particular. At least the new one, Ghost Field and the snow one have ways to break camps. It's the map most similar to WoT, with many defensive camping spots, 25% unusable terrain (the water) and a really bad "town" layout in the port itself.

I should probably stop playing the BMP-1 if I ever want to have a positive opinion of this game.

Try to spot for team, get outspotted by everything except MBTs. Get nuked and still fail to light the shit shooting me. Fire HEAT round at LAV, "no pen". Switch to HE, hit for ~100 damage... just ugh.

I think vision in this game is more saturated than tier 10 in wot.

Correct, most tanks have tier 8-10 spotting ranges as far as I can tell, plus some have the ability to neutralize camo via modules. The spotting system is also pretty borked on top of that.

Correct, most tanks have tier 8-10 spotting ranges as far as I can tell, plus some have the ability to neutralize camo via modules. The spotting system is also pretty borked on top of that.

Bushes feel completely worthless alot too, my AMX-10P kept getting lit by a BMP-2 as I poked a hedge. Was pretty bs, I wasn't spotting him at all.

The BMP-2 gets the anti-hedgehax module IIRC. 30% reduction in enemy camo in foliage. 

The Sheridan and M109 are basically the only fun tanks at the moment that I've played (yes the arty is more fun than the MBTs) because they have ways around the more retarded mechanics.

The whole counterbattery mechanic is a neat idea, but there are certain places on maps where you can go in your arty that seem to basically circumvent it. Like on the cold map, south spawn, you can just park behind one of the big buildings and only have to drive forward or back a little after firing to avoid arty counter fire. In this spot you can cover the enemy base, the open road, and even some areas of the city that aren't the obvious castle road that isn't blocked by buildings. Someone could probably still counter you if they wanted to tunnel vision on the couple of spots you'll pop out at, but having enemy arty focused on you the entire match while being relatively save from it is pretty useful IMO.

Oh, and you still lose 75% of your health in 2 hits from arty in lights... fucking warning doesn't even come on because they just aim in beside you.

At first I thought arty might not be able to break tracks for balance reasons, but then I hit a Patton and broke his track, damaged 3 other things and did ~170 damage.

The whole arty warning thing... personally it doesn't do me much good I feel, because I've always just assumed that arty is about to shit on me anyways. This is just like... confirmation that it's about to happen. Except now it's differerent flavors of FV304 doing it.

Can't wait to use the autoloader arty. Find me some tracked bad guys and just shit all over them.

I generally don't counterbattery unless there's not much else for me to do or the enemy arty is massively lazy and stupid and sits still for ages. It's more valuable to crush spotting lights and mess with heavies. Plus, if you're still alive and move after a shot then you can waste the enemy arty's time.

Problem I had with counter battery in the previous phase was that you had to get 2-3 direct hits in order to take the enemy arti out.  Just not worth it.

I just finished a match where hald of my reputation(82) was from stoping 2 people from capping our base.

End of Test can say this:
1. This is an Alpha Build, not a Beta Test, stop lying to be devs!  This game has a long way to go before reaching WoT's state of open Beta

2. It's fun at least I will say that.

3. People apparently enjoy the hype and the videos so guess I'll do those till I run out of material or can get some for the next test

4. If the devs and moderators want to take a non-toxic side of the community, they probably should tighten their grip on what is allowed and what isn't, including some of the stuff I get away with saying

5.  Bugs...Bugs...oversights....bugs...imbalance....imbalance......bugs.......Alpha Build only slightly modified.......yeah that's about all I got here for point 5.

End of Test can say this:

1. This is an Alpha Build, not a Beta Test, stop lying to be devs!  This game has a long way to go before reaching WoT's state of open Beta

2. It's fun at least I will say that.

3. People apparently enjoy the hype and the videos so guess I'll do those till I run out of material or can get some for the next test

4. If the devs and moderators want to take a non-toxic side of the community, they probably should tighten their grip on what is allowed and what isn't, including some of the stuff I get away with saying

5.  Bugs...Bugs...oversights....bugs...imbalance....imbalance......bugs.......Alpha Build only slightly modified.......yeah that's about all I got here for point 5.

I disagree with this being considered more akin to an Alpha. It's closed beta, which in theory, can go on for quite a while. An Alpha build, to me, would be more of the terrain bugged, hitbox detection, glitching, etc.This clearly was a way to monetize (and it wasn't a horrible money grab either with a 14.99 low end buy in for access) the real desire for many of us to play what they were working on. It's far more complete than probably over half the steam early access games which I would consider, in most cases, to be more akin to an alpha build.

You compared it to WoT's open beta, this is closed :) I don't think they've placed a timeline on open beta yet? It feels like an open beta because some many people jumped in on the monetization and, of course, so many wotlabbers are recognizable in game that it feels familiar.

I don't think they're letting anyone buy any sort of premium yet. I did see premium tanks in play and these were dev accounts.

I'm seeing, in this thread, a lot of stuff about vision. In the 50 or so games I played I came to realize that a good scout in a platoon, which was previously stated in this thread, will just cause havok. I think they should crank down on the non-scout tanks vision even more and force teams to be dependent on scouts. Let's face it, most of us play platooned when we can anyways. We play solo when we're feeling anti-social or just want to get a few games in.

The closed alpha players was a much smaller pool and they learned how to work the mechanics in play is my assumption. This huge field of players is probably going to help a lot. Especially with many notable WoT players putting their voices in and I think this is where the mechanics may see some radical changing. For example, that scorpion needs a nerf and the lav-150 a buff. I know deusmortis and a couple others say it's OP, but hell, I was out of the scorpion (which was a joy to play) somewhere between 5-10 battles with the damage output it has. I was 10-20 in the LAV-150 and I hated the thing. I would have loved it more if spotting had been weighted more than damage for scouts than it currently is.

Many of the flaws we found are already known like the zoomed in mouse being twitchy or the sideways turret on the LAV-150 when zoomed.

And Fiaura, you know that WoT was full of imbalance (many would say still full of imbalance) when it was released. The game has changed so radically from release that it's hardly even the same game. From a complete graphics overhaul to physics, WoT is just a completely different game. The power creep isn't handled well and that nerf hammer comes way too long after tanks have been abused. It's not fair to compare the games at all at this point, and it really never will be. So far the intention with AW is to make the roles of the tank classes more defined with the vision, smoke, special arty rounds, etc. This is really necessary considering the MBT was the end of tank evolution. I mean, the M1 was, until the most recent Russian MBT release (T-14), the pinnacle of tank engineering since 1980. For 35 years one tank has ruled the battlefield and no amount of IFVs, light tanks, arty, tank destroyers, or (insert vehicle type here) held a candle to it. A modern tank game, before this year, ended at the M1A2 and that was that. I think the T-14 is exciting because it means US tankers have to get off their asses and start taking other tanks more serious :P

tl;dr

Let's get through the next year of AW and then rip on it. It's likely going to change radically from what we've seen so far.

imo both the challenger 2 and leopard 2 are better than the m1, even the t-80 and t-90 would give it a run for it's money.

and all of the above don't reqire a ridiculous amount of fuel to start.

I'm seeing, in this thread, a lot of stuff about vision. In the 50 or so games I played I came to realize that a good scout in a platoon, which was previously stated in this thread, will just cause havok. I think they should crank down on the non-scout tanks vision even more and force teams to be dependent on scouts. Let's face it, most of us play platooned when we can anyways. We play solo when we're feeling anti-social or just want to get a few games in.

No no no no no no no no and fucking no. If I'm playing solo (and I do so a lot) I do not want to depend on brainless pubbies who suiscout to be my eyes. That's a horrendously poor idea.

imo both the challenger 2 and leopard 2 are better than the m1, even the t-80 and t-90 would give it a run for it's money.

You are right, but the tank itself is not a stand alone battlefield operating system. No other army can support the logistics involved in fielding a system such a sthis.

You are right, but the tank itself is not a stand alone battlefield operating system. No other army can support the logistics involved in fielding a system such a sthis.

That's because we can't dig up texas whenever we want to take our tanks for a spin :P

EDIT: Upboats for the Social D avatar.

the australian army can support the logistics require for abrams, and if they can i'm sure many others could,

No no no no no no no no and fucking no. If I'm playing solo (and I do so a lot) I do not want to depend on brainless pubbies who suiscout to be my eyes. That's a horrendously poor idea.

I largely agree, but I don't want to have a situation where the scout's role is performed just as easily by other classes, as is often the case in WoT.

Personally, I think they should re-work how firing vehicles are spotted.  There should be little to no distance cutoff.  If my tank has a 350m view range, a tank sized object firing a high caliber weapon SHOULD NOT be invisible because it is 351m away.  Even WG realized that being camo-sniped wasn't much fun.  I'm not saying camo-sniping should not exist at all, but it is far too easy to do right now.  

idk why everyone thinks the Leo 2 is something great, because it's really not.  Also, almost every T-80 ever made requires large amounts of fuel to start because almost every T-80 ever made had a turbine engine, just like the Abrams.  :/

You should go right ahead and tell Egypt that, then.

idk why everyone thinks the Leo 2 is something great, because it's really not.  Also, almost every T-80 ever made requires large amounts of fuel to start because almost every T-80 ever made had a turbine engine, just like the Abrams.  :/

You should go right ahead and tell Egypt that, then.

welp the t-80 just got put in the terrible tank bin with the abrams

And i wouldn't say the leo 2 is great but rather its as good as all the others, a battle between modern mbts will come down to who shoots first really. so i guess we should really judge them based on sights and targeting systems.

and yeah eygypt has like 1000 of them, australia only has 59.