CraBeatOff

Here is why blues are cancer, metrics promote bad play, and possibly why YOU the reader are a padded baddie

Load into game, looks pretty solid

ZoQcAOE.jpg

Things progress well, we have a strong side and weak side but we are eliminating tanks on the strong side quickly and its their strong tanks we're destroying

l7iitT3.jpg

More strong tanks destroyed (missed the screenshot on the Jagzilla)

I call for cap the first time, timestamp 11:06. We are down tanks and HP, but with TDs in good position, and the enemy is committing to base. M41 and Leo1 alive.

SLn6sog.jpg

I have the best shots on the 704, so I take him out, while spamming for the cap to be controlled. Note the Leo1 is still lingering in a 4v1 vs a 704 with less than 1k hp. 

kAp6zYt.jpg

40 seconds later.... Our Leo1 hero has engaged a 1390 who screen cap, but presented no threat, and stopped to shoot him but its now too late

Zln6brG.jpg

And another loss on the books

xmu1n2l.jpg

But we had a better team, right? Why didn't our fast tanks, specifically our healthy speed tier 10 medium go spot/reset?

NaR4BcO.jpg

Uh oh, he was a hellcat padder, fuck XVM you've fucked me again.

cMcHvHy.jpg

And the nail in the coffin. 48% wins in the Leo1 with 2800 dpg. I reminded him of this via the PM you see open. I doubt it had any effect.

Lessons:

1. Don't be a M18 padding shitlord
  2. Don't be a Leo1 dmg padding shitlord
  3. Don't assume XVM has anything meaningful to tell you except that your team or theirs are padded shitlords
  4. Blues are cancer
  5. Tactics > DPG

My feels are hurt.

Mind this though:

Some of us are blue because they pad.

Some of us aren't purple simply because they do make stupid mistakes like that.

My feels are hurt.

Mind this though:

Some of us are blue because they pad.

Some of us aren't purple simply because they do make stupid mistakes like that.

It breaks down more like this

Some are yellows who pad to blue

Some are purple decision makers who cannot shoot for shit

Some are purples who played too many games 4fun

Some can shoot good and decide ok but on any given game might do anything

The problem is categories 1 and 4 outnumber 2 and 3 by like 50:1. 

Lately, I've been unknowingly damage farming.. IE I'm not trying to, Im just too focused on winning my flank so we can have SOMETHING to atleast work with.. Generally, I really should be rtbing to prevent the cap.. I've lost way too many games to caps in the last couple days.

Thanks for making this! It frames the point in my mind all the more..

I've seen people from deep red up to purple doing the exact shit that Leo1 did....no matter the color you can never rely on teammates 100%.....shitters gonna shit...

What if I'm just a regular baddie and not a padded one? I am blue, after all.

One of the many reasons I don't bother to log into XVM to activate stats

Can't always count on "good" players

Can't always discount "bad" players

Not to mention, it can get very depressing

I'm not usually a fan a ignorance for the sake of happiness, but when it comes to WoT, and my teams, I'd just rather not know

WOW... 125 games in the Leo 1 at 48% wr and 2838 dmg a game!?! o_o

Some can shoot good and decide ok but on any given game might do anything

I've felt like a Category 4 alot... :c

Thought I've been working on this and instances where I play poorly are becoming less frequent. 8^)

Lessons:

1. Don't be a M18 padding shitlord
  2. Don't be a Leo1 dmg padding shitlord
  3. Don't assume XVM has anything meaningful to tell you except that your team or theirs are padded shitlords
  4. Blues are cancer
  5. Tactics > DPG

All are factors in Rule the First: Do not rely on pubbies to reset your cap =)

It's a bit hard to see from the minimap, but it sort of looks like he is CQB with the 704 on your first cap call. Possibly scraping sides with it while taking it out, but definitely looks to have crested the hill. A bit odd that him and your toon mate isn't in the screencap of the 704 since they are in your FOV. It looks like he is stuck in the engagement. Either way, the 704 isn't a great player and he is well contained even without you there. Wouldn't you be better off heading back to cap at the first call (11 minute mark-ish) given that you are not engaged and a stronger asset than any of the other players in that engagement on either side? 

Crab.  Why don't you have the individual WR turned on your XVM along with overall?  That along with games play in a tank usually give me a better idea of expectations than overall. 

I'm at a crossroads of sorts.  I have XVM installed because the minimap mods are absolutely critical imho.  The cap timer, garage shit, tank carousel, etc are all necessary to me.  However, my XVM stats token expired a couple months ago and I never renewed it.  Like, ever since I've been playing without stats in the game I feel much more relaxed when I play.  I mean I just play now.  I don't worry about my team or the enemy team from a blue, purple, shitlord standpoint, but rather a tank comp and deployment standpoint.  I just expect that everyone on my team that I don't personally know is a shitlord, and that everyone on the enemy team that I don't specifically know or that is a member of TAG is a unicum.

My winrate has gone up, my enjoyment of the game has gone up, I don't rage at shitlords in general in chat (just specific people that deserve it).  The only problem is that I'm sort of in charge of recruitment for Relic Main and now I have no idea which players to look up after the battle.  Welp.

This is why I have my XVM set to show WR, tank WR, average tier, total matches and matches in tank. WN8 is only shown hovering over the tank itself.

But at the same time - I'm confused about how WN8's expected damage values work. Shouldn't the expected damage be fairly high for the M18, being OP for so long? Or has that shifted with the recent nerfs? If he played the M18 when it was OP but the current expected damage value is based on average performance since the nerf, it could certainly inflate his WN8.

But yeah, in-game I ain't so concerned about seeing teammates' WN8.

Crab, it it makes you feel any better, I lost yesterday because of a blue's target prioritization.

I was in my IS-7 on Lakeville and we had just won city. I see they pushed valley but we still have 3 guys alive in base, including an E3 but I still turn around not wanting to lose. I see our blue T57 rushing back to base as well as a Conqueror. All 3 of our base campers die within 5 seconds of each other and 3 or 4 of their team step on our cap. I see our T57 fire and the cap drop slightly. ~6 seconds later I see T57 has killed ______ with about 20 seconds left to cap. Our T57 starts firing again just after the cap at 100% gets the !. This is also at the same time I see the Conqueror fire and do damage. I was ~10 seconds out from being able to fire on cap.

TLDR

All the idiot had to do was spread out his shots to reset cap and the conqueror and I would have been back in time to help kill/reset the cap. We had numbers and hitpoints on them so it was probably a for sure win. But hey, getting that kill was important!

I can only mirror what Dlur said. Since I stopped running XVM stats I improved both WN and WR (even tho I am still pretty bad).
You also start to view team mates skill differently: I form opinions on players in game quickly based on how they play their tank and have made good experiences so far. There is some stuff random bads just don't do that much: Spotting correctly (still bad at this myself), minimizing exposure, double bushing and side scraping.

Then there is initial deployment. The minimap is the best noob detector you have.
Long term side effects of not running XVM are however that you will no longer think good of team mates unless proven otherwise
You also treat every enemy like he is a looot better than he is just because you don't know.

--> I got a looot calmer and have a lot more fun since I stopped running stats mods.

But at the same time - I'm confused about how WN8's expected damage values work. Shouldn't the expected damage be fairly high for the M18, being OP for so long? Or has that shifted with the recent nerfs? If he played the M18 when it was OP but the current expected damage value is based on average performance since the nerf, it could certainly inflate his WN8.

Being OP in this case just means tomatoes do better than they normally would, not that they'll do well.  It has a relatively high expected value (6th highest in tier 6), but it's still a tank that scales much better with skill so if you can find your ass with both hands and be able to tell it apart from a hole in the ground you can pad in it.

@Florb: Expected damage for the Hellcat dropped 22 points this update, from 925 to 903. That would lead to an increase in this player's WN8 even if he does not play it any more.