CraBeatOff

Here is why blues are cancer, metrics promote bad play, and possibly why YOU the reader are a padded baddie

At least I've been the same green shitter for years now. Nobody ever expects anything from me, so it's hard to disappoint. If you see me on a team, expect about a 30% chance of a potato. If I survive past initial contact, there's probably a 60% chance of me borking something like this and throwing the game.

Sadly, such is the case for >80% of the player base...

Dont relay on xvm rating, your team still need to play well to win. even a purple players can play a really bad game occasionally.  

That leo1 player is a coward, 48 wr with 40% survival rate means he cant use his HP properly.

M18 is the most shit tank to play now after nerf. 

Nope. Before nerf Hellcat was "Hide, strike, strike, strike, strike, relocate, hide, strike, strike, strike". Now it's more "Hide, strike, run". I tested it right after nerf and I can't say it's shit tank.

----

OP

From now every green and below is a tomato for me. Too many times those so called good players acted like the worst kind of apes - blocking, no support, no minimap, no tactics, no god damn it teamwork. Blue ones may do something useful but - how you just showed - it could be Hellcat/old KV-1S or even T18 pedobear. 

Just don't trust XVM, don't trust clan tag. Watch player's behaviour and then decide about his usefulness.

I think Crab that you take it too much. And saying that someone is a cancer is pretty rude. If we look at it you may be even called racist, because you say something about group of people distinguished only by their color. This is second time I saw you raging when I'd expect more of you... Take a break, go sleep and return in better mood.

I think Crab that you take it too much. And saying that someone is a cancer is pretty rude. If we look at it you may be even called racist, because you say something about group of people distinguished only by their color. This is second time I saw you raging when I'd expect more of you... Take a break, go sleep and return in better mood.

While I agree in a large part with this post, I find your reference to racism, or even discrimination, in this context laughable into the extreme.

...did you just say that judging an internet tanker by their XVM color is racist?

o_o

...did you just say that judging an internet tanker by their XVM color is racist?

o_o

I meant it half a joke half something that I don't think players with reputation like yours or Crab's should ever do. Saying that a group of people is cancer...

While I agree in a large part with this post, I find your reference to racism, or even discrimination, in this context laughable into the extreme.

Which was my point :)

Plot twist: they are.

The good side of democracy is that you cannot punish imposing the standard of the majority over the whole.

Like, ever since I've been playing without stats in the game I feel much more relaxed when I play.  I mean I just play now.  I don't worry about my team or the enemy team from a blue, purple, shitlord standpoint, but rather a tank comp and deployment standpoint.  I just expect that everyone on my team that I don't personally know is a shitlord, and that everyone on the enemy team that I don't specifically know or that is a member of TAG is a unicum.

See? That's what i told you when i was playing without XVM stats.

As someone who has had cancer twice and nearly died when I was 12, I would like to take this opportunity to say:

It's just a word, jeez, get over it. It's not like all your wishing is actually going to make anything happen.

I've been noticing a similar disparity between stat indicated skill level and actual ability.  There really has become a generational divide between the older unicums and the newer bluenicums.  So far my observations are: Typically in a 3 man toon of good padding tanks (i.e. E-50s and such), excessive passiveness, no tactical sense at all and win rates significantly below what their indicated dmg would suggest for a three man toon.  The Wn series metrics are probably the worst thing to have happened to the development of new players, its no longer about winning, its about how purple they can become.  Hell, 60-65% w/r in a three man toon is nothing to brag about considering most of the older unicums I know can pull it solo regularly.  With a three man toon of unicums its not uncommon to go 75-85% every night.

It's ok, every time I play the Leo 1 I get blown up by arty, ammoracked twice in a row, or set on fire. Doomed to mediocrity for all eternity.

I was in a battle with Zakaladas recently (other side).  Noticed his name and called him out as "Best Player NA" in chat, because I've seen his name at the top of the list forever here on Wotlabs.  Most people didn't know him and asked if that was true.  He responded, "Only according to a made-up metric."  

I have no idea whether he's any good or not.  He did well that game in his M7.  But I liked his response.  I've thought about it a fair bit.  

Then, just last night, I was playing with some friends and wasn't paying attention and got dragged into a match above my pref's tier range and was immediately upset.  My first thought was, oh, crap, this is not going to be good for my stats!  But we played well, did the most damage by far between us on our team, and lost.  He and my other buddy were laughing it up because they had fun, performed well, and didn't mind losing because of it.

I thought about that a lot last night.  

Crab is right, stats, a completely external metric, hurts the game, because so many players, myself included, come to accept that the metric is important, means something important, is something to strive for.  

I haven't used XVM stats for a month or so and I'm never going back (although I'll never give up the map enhancements).  I've been wrong too many times making decisions based on colors.  And I'm congenitally unable to pad (even if I wanted to and were any good at it, which I am not).  I can't play any tank long enough to pad.  I have a serious case of TankADD.  I think I may have to play them all eventually (except for arty...grinding to the FV304 was enough of that!).  

I watch Crab's replays and the replays of a lot of "purple" players here because they do seem to understand this game in a way I do not, and I learn from them.  I think they are purple because of that: they understand the game and that makes them good (at winning!).  That's what I want: to understand this game better.  It's an addictive, and fun, game; but worrying about stats almost killed it for me.  I doubt I'll ever have very good stats, but I'm having a lot more fun lately.  I still play the way I always have, grinding whatever new line interests me at the moment and trying to win.  Winning is fun.  It's the metric that matters.  It's what being good at pixel tanks means, really.  I don't give a shit that it can be padded by platooning.  Pad away!  It's sort of the point of the game, amiright?!

I think if I just do my best to win in each battle, and be satisfied with that even if I don't win, this game will be as fun as possible.  But it would be a lot easier to win if the rest of my teammates played the same way, instead of chasing colors.  

I only have 235 games in the Hellcat, no wonder I haven't gotten that hated blue color overall yet. I actually had to earn it.

So happy I stopped having XVM about a year ago, I play so much better when I expect nothing from my team. I just assume they are shit bad, and rush to do stuff myself it something needs to be done. Trust no one but your platoonies.

Also, I've seen a couple of ebay accounts lately, and it must suck to have xvm and rely on that person in a battle. :( Like the one guy I came across a little while back while browsing a clan stat page, he had purple overall and yellow recent. The other time someone called a guy out in a battle, I checked stat page and true, totally a bought account, it was pure red recent.

But damage alone does not a unicum make.

Thanks for the insight, Yoda.  :biglaugh:

But seriously, you are right. Too many people try to improve their stats instead of their own skill level and understanding of the game. 

Lessons:

1. Don't be a M18 padding shitlord
  2. Don't be a Leo1 dmg padding shitlord
  3. Don't assume XVM has anything meaningful to tell you except that your team or theirs are padded shitlords
  4. Blues are cancer
  5. Tactics > DPG

Lessons: 

1: Turn off xvm

2: Win the match however the hell you want, whether its tactics/dpg/spotting/etc. If you win who the hell cares how you did it(as long as its not cheating)? 

3: Stop caring and have fun.