_Symphony_

Carrying in poorly armored tanks

Question

So I was playing my T 37 today, and realized that in 90% of games I play, I can put out damage, but can't really carry. Since I plan on getting the Leo 1 and BatChat, I was wondering how some of you better players carry in poorly armored tanks or light tanks. I want to win and not be a DMG padding shitlord, but right now I'm not seeing anyway of doing that in these. Do I have to change my tank selection, or are there ways of doing this with these tanks?

Any answers, criticisms, or advice would be great.

6 answers to this question

The simple answer is you can't.  Lights, TD, and arty will always carry less hard than a heavy or a good med just due to class limitations.  So accept that going in -- expect ~5% less solopub win rates, even if your individual performance is just as good.

And with that in mind, focus on what you can do well.  T37 is a great scout on scout killer, a decent spotter/arty hunter, and a pretty fair flanker.  Its terrible head to head with heavies, peekabooming, or sniping.  So spot when you can to get early shots on good maps, eliminate their quick movers, and look for chances to breakthrough and hunt arty or flank/encircle the enemies.

I dunno...a lot of my pubbies are pretty determined to die pointlessly.

This TigerII on your team is being swarmed by three enemies. He's going to die, there's no way it's possible to save him, but maybe now is the time to shoot them in the side.

focus on what you can do well.  Its terrible head to head with heavies, peekabooming, or sniping.  So spot when you can to get early shots on good maps, eliminate their quick movers, and look for chances to breakthrough and hunt arty or flank/encircle the enemies.

I can't re-emphasize this enough.  If you are sitting next to an IS3 and T34 (especially in downtown ruinberg) you are doing it wrong.  Even worse with a peashooter like the 59-16.

The mediums will be a little bit different, but if you get comfortable working the t37 you'll be able to leverage similar skills.

The simple answer is you can't.  Lights, TD, and arty will always carry less hard than a heavy or a good med just due to class limitations.  So accept that going in -- expect ~5% less solopub win rates, even if your individual performance is just as good.

And with that in mind, focus on what you can do well.  T37 is a great scout on scout killer, a decent spotter/arty hunter, and a pretty fair flanker.  Its terrible head to head with heavies, peekabooming, or sniping.  So spot when you can to get early shots on good maps, eliminate their quick movers, and look for chances to breakthrough and hunt arty or flank/encircle the enemies.

Thanks! you are the man (☞゚ヮ゚)☞