Gashtag

The WZ-111 & if you should be getting one.

27 minutes ago, Tarski said:

I got this tank in the NA new year's marathon event a couple years ago. It disappointed me then and now, and I think it may be the first premium I ever sell. 

(Fortunately WGNA currently has a very forgiving policy about restoring sold tanks.) 

Why is not like he asks food :D

i never sold one premium, even obsolete ones...

3 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Why is not like he asks food :D

i never sold one premium, even obsolete ones...

I usually don't sell premium tanks, but I'd rather have the credits than the tank right now and I can always get the tank back in exchange for said credits. 

Considering they buffed the 112, are they ever gonna buff this poor thing? Seems to be no reason really to show all this love to the 112 and leave the 111 in it's pretty shit state..

I wager they will eventually. The 112 armor buff is based off a higher tier tank I believe, so they just changed the armor to match the higher tier model. In comparison the 111 armor already matches the higher tier tank it's based off of, so if they have any sense they'll buff up the soft stats until it becomes the less armored, more medium-like version of the 112.

Hmm I didn't know about the armour model difference. If they buffed the atrocious gun handling they could leave the rest the same and it'd be okay. Maybe a slight buff to the lfp?

On 10/28/2016 at 2:37 PM, Jesse_the_Scout said:

I wager they will eventually. The 112 armor buff is based off a higher tier tank I believe, so they just changed the armor to match the higher tier model. In comparison the 111 armor already matches the higher tier tank it's based off of, so if they have any sense they'll buff up the soft stats until it becomes the less armored, more medium-like version of the 112.

So you mean the t-34-3?

got to totally agree , Wet Ammo Rack , is totally useless , fitted it in the Caernarvon and it made no difference -and I'm not the only one to find that...

On 11/3/2016 at 1:48 AM, SuperTheBoss said:

So you mean the t-34-3?

That 's exactly the problem with buffing the WZ-111's speed/comfiness - if it becomes too fast/responsive it would just be a better T-34-3. As things stand now, the best way to buff the 111 is to get the lower plate to 112 levels, buff the side armour below the tracks to 120mm and give it soft stats on par with the IS-6/112. That would make it a 112 that traded its impregnable UFP for higher RoF and a bit of speed. Just different enough IMO.

5 hours ago, 73north said:

got to totally agree , Wet Ammo Rack , is totally useless , fitted it in the Caernarvon and it made no difference -and I'm not the only one to find that...

avoiding ammorack issues in british and chinese tanks is 99.9%playstyle and 0.1% safe stowage. If you rely on a wet ammorack you are just handicapping yourself by losing an equipment slot. I play almost exclusively tanks with ammo in the LFP and I only get ammoracked once every hundred battles or so because I neurotically hide my LFP in every tank even tho I don't have to in some. You get used to it.

I just finally unlocked the 113 tier X Chinese heavy tank.

The WZ-111 1-4 has been a fun tank for me, the combination of its mobility, big ol' 130mm gun and trollish armor (at times) appeals to my medium tanker preference
right now i'm just gonna grind the crew up some more and wait expectantly for a sale on the Chinese heavy tank line up to tier X

4 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

I just finally unlocked the 113 tier X Chinese heavy tank.

The WZ-111 1-4 has been a fun tank for me, the combination of its mobility, big ol' 130mm gun and trollish armor (at times) appeals to my medium tanker preference
right now i'm just gonna grind the crew up some more and wait expectantly for a sale on the Chinese heavy tank line up to tier X

Wong WZ-11111111111111.

19 hours ago, Sapros said:

Wong WZ-11111111111111.

aye carumba, read it wrong.

although I may consider trying to get a WZ-111 afterall, just to train up a crew that can continue to fight in the WZ-111 1-4 as I move that much more experienced crew to the 113 eventually

3 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

aye carumba, read it wrong.

although I may consider trying to get a WZ-111 afterall, just to train up a crew that can continue to fight in the WZ-111 1-4 as I move that much more experienced crew to the 113 eventually

Does the SEA get the upcoming buffs to 111 too? Because with 300 HEAT...

1 hour ago, BlackAdder said:

I don't understand tanks,gg aiming time, but with buffs, this tank is better than 112/IS6.

TrZPrVb.png

HP/T should be higher in the edited screenshot, aimtime and accuracy stats lower still. This reminds me of the time when half of wotlabs was circlejerking about how the -111 was a more flexible IS-6 with a higher ceiling, except this time, it might actually turn out to be true.

2 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Sigh. I gotta get this tank back :/ 

Loved it, but trained the crew to 450% and just got bored and then drunk

I never sold premium, there is no point. But hey you are on NA they will give it back with 500% crew :D

But this could be very nice T8 premium, as i said i loved that shit box even before buff. 

Here's the Armor changes to the WZ-111 that just posted on rita's site - https://ritastatusreport.live/2016/11/12/9-17swz-111-armor-changes/

Lower hull get buff from 80 to 120mm, and the top of turret get buff from 25 to 50mm.

41 minutes ago, Outlaw2431 said:

Here's the Armor changes to the WZ-111 that just posted on rita's site - https://ritastatusreport.live/2016/11/12/9-17swz-111-armor-changes/

Lower hull get buff from 80 to 120mm, and the top of turret get buff from 25 to 50mm.

I would trade LFP for buffed UFP. IMHO armor was fine, gun handling was hideous. But this is good :) 

4 hours ago, Outlaw2431 said:

What's the point of buffing roof armour when you're removing overmatch?

The lower buff should make it resistant to about 170 pen, which means it should bounce its own 122mm more often than not when angled.

Lower plate buff is a pretty big improvement to the armor. Now you can actually angle it and shrug off most 175mm pen guns as long as you have vertical cover to hide the near side sprocket wheel. The pike is so shallow that it does notnot suffer when angling like a german tank, unlike is-3/110s.

Engine buff is pretty big, it should be able to go 50km/h quickly on flat and keep it on slight inclines like the 111 1-4; instead of currently being stuck at 40km/h on flat, and taking ages to get there.

No idea how good the gun handling will be until I try it in person but... I don't see it getting anywhere near the comfort of the 111 1-4.

The roof had never been a problem. No one shoots you there in the past since you got a giant autopen lfp with ammorack behind it. If you hide the lfp, people just shoot down into your ufp and go right through anyways. If you properly hull down to cover the lfp while keeping ufp at autobounce; your gun mantle covers the entire roof, making that weakspot moot.

This should be overall a significant buff, and make this tank a much faster IS-6 with a slightly weaker lfp and an ammorack problem.

1 hour ago, Hally said:

Lower plate buff is a pretty big improvement to the armor. Now you can actually angle it and shrug off most 175mm pen guns as long as you have vertical cover to hide the near side sprocket wheel. The pike is so shallow that it does notnot suffer when angling like a german tank, unlike is-3/110s.

Engine buff is pretty big, it should be able to go 50km/h quickly on flat and keep it on slight inclines like the 111 1-4; instead of currently being stuck at 40km/h on flat, and taking ages to get there.

No idea how good the gun handling will be until I try it in person but... I don't see it getting anywhere near the comfort of the 111 1-4.

The roof had never been a problem. No one shoots you there in the past since you got a giant autopen lfp with ammorack behind it. If you hide the lfp, people just shoot down into your ufp and go right through anyways. If you properly hull down to cover the lfp while keeping ufp at autobounce; your gun mantle covers the entire roof, making that weakspot moot.

This should be overall a significant buff, and make this tank a much faster IS-6 with a slightly weaker lfp and an ammorack problem.

The speed and gunhandling will set it apart, IMO it's probably going to be more of a T-34-3 on steroids than a brute like the -6 - except that it can and will tank like a heavy when pressed.

I doubt the low pen would matter post-buff, unless they're actually stupid enough to remove overmatch. But we never know. They just might,

5 hours ago, Hally said:

Jusging by stats, gun handling will be slightly worse (bloom 0.2 vs 0.18) aim time similar (around 2.8 for both) and worst part is 0.44 accuracy.

This will certainly be similar to 34-3 more than 112/IS6 with buffed aim time.

and still you have 250 heat instead of shitty 217 apcr.

I wish they buff shell velocity slightly too.

10 hours ago, Hally said:

A welcome buff. Gives it a place in the post-112-buff world and makes it more like the Numberwang.