Gashtag

The WZ-111 & if you should be getting one.

5 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Jusging by stats, gun handling will be slightly worse (bloom 0.2 vs 0.18) aim time similar (around 2.8 for both) and worst part is 0.44 accuracy.

This will certainly be similar to 34-3 more than 112/IS6 with buffed aim time.

and still you have 250 heat instead of shitty 217 apcr.

I wish they buff shell velocity slightly too.

Reason I'm concerned about the actual comfort levels is.. the 111 1-4 ends up far more comfortable in practice than the soft stats suggest. It snapshots weakspots at close or mid range as easily as an e5 or 215b; while having soft stats similar to an e-100 other than shell speed. The tier 8 111 has crap shell speed and still worse soft stats; so I'm doubtful if the gun handling will actually be comfortable... like at least is-3 comfortable.

1 hour ago, Hally said:

Reason I'm concerned about the actual comfort levels is.. the 111 1-4 ends up far more comfortable in practice than the soft stats suggest. It snapshots weakspots at close or mid range as easily as an e5 or 215b; while having soft stats similar to an e-100 other than shell speed. The tier 8 111 has crap shell speed and still worse soft stats; so I'm doubtful if the gun handling will actually be comfortable... like at least is-3 comfortable.

They wont be that confortable, 1-4 have better stats and base accuracy so no way this performs better.

3 hours ago, Hally said:

IS3 has like the best turret traverse bloom stats in the game (as good as T62 / Fv 215b and batter as almost any tier 10 tank)

You set the bar a bit too high here ^^

Holy balls this thing got megabuffed, it craps on all other premium 122s now. Definitely recommend giving it a spin if it's been collecting dust in your garage.

http://test.tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:wz-111.c:is-6.c:is-5.c:is-3a.c:112

Best gun handling by far, best mobility by quite a bit, very decent armor now that the lfp isn't made out of used milk cartons anymore, really just the horrible ammo rack is left now.

13 minutes ago, breeeze said:

Holy balls this thing got megabuffed, it craps on all other premium 122s now. Definitely recommend giving it a spin if it's been collecting dust in your garage.

Best gun handling by far, best mobility by quite a bit, very decent armor now that the lfp isn't made out of used milk cartons anymore, really just the horrible ammo rack is left now.

I don't believe that there is a reason to play this tank!

1 hour ago, breeeze said:

At long last, the God-King of pref 8s has been dethroned. At this point, I'll probably have to retire my IS-6 and drive nothing but 111s until I get sick of it.

http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:wz-111;g000000.c:vk-4502-a.c:is-3

Other than shitting on the other 122 IS-3 clones, it *might* actually be the best heavium in tier liberal HEAT spam provided. Actually, I'm curious whether this thing can be even better than an IS-3 at bullying mediums with the extra mobility, RoF and viewrange. It seems that WOT Asia will not be getting this patch for a while, (as usual) so I'm just dry fapping at the moment (also as usual).

Edit: I forgot the 26E5, fml

20 hours ago, breeeze said:

Holy balls this thing got megabuffed, it craps on all other premium 122s now.

That's debatable. I'd still take the 112 over it. Trading some gun stats and speed to gain near invulnerability against anything with less than 200mm of pen.'s not too shabby.

11 minutes ago, Sapros said:

That's debatable. I'd still take the 112 over it. Trading some gun stats and speed to gain near invulnerability against anything with less than 200mm of pen.'s not too shabby.

But then you bounce instead of hitting and you wanna pull your hair. 

I was good with 111 armor only gun was lacking bow they fixed that. Can't wait to test drive one. 

Did a test drive on live server. Gun handling is a ton better; but still not enough for comfort. About 2 seconds of aiming after peeking out of cover to hit a LFP 50m away from you. (Was in the 4s range previously). LFP boost is significant; you can now russian wedge to force bounces from ill informed players. Mobility boost is notable, but not as much as I expected. It went from 40km/h cruising speed to 45km/h; still can't reach 50km/h unless downhill or down a long flat stretch of road.

30 minutes ago, Hally said:

Did a test drive on live server. Gun handling is a ton better; but still not enough for comfort. About 2 seconds of aiming after peeking out of cover to hit a LFP 50m away from you. (Was in the 4s range previously). LFP boost is significant; you can now russian wedge to force bounces from ill informed players. Mobility boost is notable, but not as much as I expected. It went from 40km/h cruising speed to 45km/h; still can't reach 50km/h unless downhill or down a long flat stretch of road.

So better all around, i can work with that and HEAT spam people :D 

dt3VkZZ.png

My setup before. BIA, FOOD, all GUN SHIT, and equipment :) 

It's pretty strong now.  Higher armor use values than either the 1-4 or the 113. Gun is definitely the best handling of the pref 8 122mm. The engine buff is noticeable - it's a wee bit faster than the Type 59 now. SuperPershings are still your bane, but it's good against IS series. I had more fun in the 112 over all because armored bullying is hilarious.

But WG has done a good job of making these China clones differentiated from each other and from the Russian originals. Took them long enough. 

3 mark marathon here.  

I find sp pretty easy to deal with... Lowes on the other hand, causes problems.. as the ufp is no longer a reliable pen when angled; turret weakspots are a fair bit harder to hit than SP hatches.

3 hours ago, Hally said:

I find sp pretty easy to deal with... Lowes on the other hand, causes problems.. as the ufp is no longer a reliable pen when angled; turret weakspots are a fair bit harder to hit than SP hatches.

You win some, you lose some...

They made Lowe buffed all-around instead of DPM and mobility, now is another pain in the ass to deal with.

When i played before this tank, i tend to skip hard enemies and focus on easier ones. WZ still have nice mobility for heavy.

5 hours ago, Hally said:

Surprisingly enough, I can actually land shots on the Spershing's hatch pretty reliably (except when facehugging). I have also not found the Lowe to be a problem since most of the time you can just go around said Lowe (no pun intended) and bully other, softer tanks. Or you could always flank it - when the maps permit that. 

I had high expectations for this buff and I can tell you that it did not disappoint. I can more or less snapshot anything within 100 metres and hit targets around the 200m mark with minimal aiming. the engine buff lets you take positions faster and abuse them better. The accuracy changes mean that I can still land shots with a broken gun, whereas previously the gun seemed at all times, broken.

At the same time, quite different from what I'd expected, the IS-6 does still retain its niche as a no-f*cks given bully/spearhead. It's not like the 111 has rendered it completely obsolete. (Can't say the same for the 112) The latter is still worse for pushing and digging out annoying tanks - on the flip side its better at everything else. I will probably play the 111 a lot more than my IS-6 since it was always more flexible, just that now it isn't even that derpy any more. 

Look at that post-buff bloom values: http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:wz-111.c:fcm-50-t.c:fv4202-p

as good as some "fire support" vehicles. I'm really looking forward to grinding Swedish tanks but I don't wanna deal with this new Type 59 (or... Tier 8 IS-7?)

Notes: I'm on Chinese server where 9.17 comes at Dec. 20th and everyone buys WZ111.

14 minutes ago, WhymeLyu said:

Look at that post-buff bloom values: http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:wz-111.c:fcm-50-t.c:fv4202-p

as good as some "fire support" vehicles. I'm really looking forward to grinding Swedish tanks but I don't wanna deal with this new Type 59 (or... Tier 8 IS-7?)

Notes: I'm on Chinese server where 9.17 comes at Dec. 20th and everyone buys WZ111.

It's not for direct sale on NA and has 250 HEAT pen, so it's not terribly common here

I actually really liked it before the buff, and I think the buff went a little far.  High mobility, loads of armor, and better gun handling make it kind of ridiculous when top tier.  Stomps IS-6s all day now, and tier 7s are completely helpless against it.  Some of the stronger gold rounds can give you trouble, but with the side armor buff it's less of an issue.  Bounced 3k damage 3 games in a row, and about 3/4 of that was gold rounds.

I have to say, I've been having a lot of fun with this since the buff.  Gun handling and LFP buffs took care of the two reasons I hated playing it, and the speed boost helps differentiate it from the other clones in a meaningful way, while also playing to my love of heaviums.  It's a bit like a downtiered T-10 which exchanges the great gun and a little speed for much better armor (relative to tier/mm), prem status, and pref. MM.

Yeah... thinking the 111 and 112 buffs both went a bit too far. 112 has an insane armor scheme now, 111 has serious armor and the gun works now. 112 is nearly impervious to attack when sidescraping, 111 just charges around IS-3 style troll bouncing and bullying. Guess we'll be seeing one/both of them in the advent calendar...

Finally got the 111 Premium out of the deep garage.  Its completely different now. With the speed you can go with the mediums and just bully all those tanks.  The gun handling is much improved for the ranges you will at, you end up getting shots off 1-2 seconds sooner in all cases, so your effective DPM is higher than the raw figure.  The best effect of the gun buffs to me is you can get rid of the EGLD and run Vents, which in general have a better overall effect once base aim time gets low enough. 

Really everything was only buffed a little bit, but a bunch of little things has a multiplicative effect on the whole package. 

It was definitely worth the grind to get it for free 2-3? Christmases ago.

On 1/4/2017 at 6:44 PM, Smbakeresq said:

Finally got the 111 Premium out of the deep garage.  Its completely different now. With the speed you can go with the mediums and just bully all those tanks.  The gun handling is much improved for the ranges you will at, you end up getting shots off 1-2 seconds sooner in all cases, so your effective DPM is higher than the raw figure.  The best effect of the gun buffs to me is you can get rid of the EGLD and run Vents, which in general have a better overall effect once base aim time gets low enough. 

Really everything was only buffed a little bit, but a bunch of little things has a multiplicative effect on the whole package. 

It was definitely worth the grind to get it for free 2-3? Christmases ago.

Aim time is buffed massively, along with sft stats and base acc...

But gun is still too derpy to get rid of EGLD...Much less for vents...optics are tempting, thou.

I find myself aiming 2 sec or longer most of the time (now with armor that allows it), meaning I get benefit from EGLD much more than vents.