Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorMunroe

Target solo WR relative to target WN8

Question

While there is a WR color scale that coordinates with the WN8 scale, this obviously doesn't take into account solo vs. platoon.  I know there are other factors to consider and general limitations of WN8, etc but if I'm shooting for ~3K WN8, approximately what solo WR should I be shooting for?  I am admittedly somewhat of a stat whore and by playing almost entirely in pubs (with people who are, on average, crap) I know I've picked up some bad habits but I do try to limit the effect either of these have on winning.

Thanks in advance.

11 answers to this question

While there is a WR color scale that coordinates with the WN8 scale, this obviously doesn't take into account solo vs. platoon.  I know there are other factors to consider and general limitations of WN8, etc but if I'm shooting for ~3K WN8, approximately what solo WR should I be shooting for?  I am admittedly somewhat of a stat whore and by playing almost entirely in pubs (with people who are, on average, crap) I know I've picked up some bad habits but I do try to limit the effect either of these have on winning.

Thanks in advance.

Your overall win rate and Wn8 are about in line for solopub.  ~60% = ~2400 wn8.  ~65% ~= 3000 wn8.

Your overall win rate and Wn8 are about in line for solopub.  ~60% = ~2400 wn8.  ~65% ~= 3000 wn8.

My own results are in line with this as well. So far on vbaddict I've got a sample of 1131 solo battles, mostly from tiers 8-10 (8.82 average), and it's showing 61.18% WR and 2401 WN8.

Is there a reason you're even setting a target WN? Does whether it takes 4k, 3k, or 2k WN matter if you're achieving that target winrate? Big purple numbers are nice, but those are more than likely going to come your way anyway if you set a nice lofty target winrate.

Id also warn that Garbad's numbers a little low. 65% solopub (with average gold/stock tanks/crews/etc) is actually pretty hard to achieve, and of those that can achieve it, almost all of them have more than 3k WN. Don't be surprised if it takes you much more effort.

Is there a reason you're even setting a target WN? Does whether it takes 4k, 3k, or 2k WN matter if you're achieving that target winrate? Big purple numbers are nice, but those are more than likely going to come your way anyway if you set a nice lofty target winrate.

Id also warn that Garbad's numbers a little low. 65% solopub (with average gold/stock tanks/crews/etc) is actually pretty hard to achieve, and of those that can achieve it, almost all of them have more than 3k WN. Don't be surprised if it takes you much more effort.

I was looking at overall.  Recent stats are inflated up by ~400 wn8 or so across the board.  And overall I think 65% and 3k is pretty typical.

Target was probably a bad choice in words.  I seem to be doing around ~2900-3000 recently so I rounded up to 3K.  That isn't really so much a "target" as roughly what I'm doing.  

That said, more damage/ kills is an easier concept to grasp and as long as one takes into account the limitations of wn8 (3k wn8 in my ELC isn't really at the level one associates with 3K wn8) and knows how one got it (did I have a lot of useless end game damage farming?) I find it an easier concept to apply than "win more".  I also find that on a day-to-day basis, wn8 works better than WR as a yardstick.  Some days I get **** teams and other days I get great teams, but if I'm playing the same tanks and similarly focused, my WN8, and independently my subjective evaluation of my play, is fairly stable. Certainly there are limitations to this method of thinking but it's a good motivator for me. Perhaps I'm at a point where I need to expand this and certainly now that I use ADU and can clearly separate my solo WR, I can more easily start doing that.

The average tier played has a ton to do with the WN8/Win% ratio. Playing lower tier tanks will probably get you higher Win %

as will playing high tier will give you lower win % to the baseline. (generaly speaking)

Long term tier 10 solo win rates top out at <61% for the very very best players.

Heavies and Mediums will also give you a higher win rate than other classes as they can carry harder.

To answer your question directly if you are playing to win at an average time of day:

Tier 10 solo recent wn8 3000 would translate into ~57.5-59.5 long term

Tier 6 solo recent wn8 3000 would translate into ~62-70 long term.

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest simply playing for the win, if you manage to consistently get ~65% then you would have to do some magic shit to not get over 3-3,5k wn8.

Always play for the win, the e-peen will come automatically.

I have tracked my last 1200-1300 battles with vbaddict ADU thingy, and 65,6% winrate solo playing almost exclusively tier 10 meds and heavies with some tier 7-8 light tank action, and that netted me a bit over 4k wn8 for my solo sessions.