MetGreDKo

Games which pull that heart string

Dust: An Elysian Tail

When Bloodwing dies in Borderlands 2.

Mordin's sacrifice on Mass Effect 3 and when you realize you can't save both Tali AND Legion.

Just grabbed Dust on sale, will probably play through on my vacaton.

ME3 was pretty rough overall, but I think the Renegade path had it worst.  Depending on your choices, you may have to shoot Mordin.  And if you pick Tali over Legion...  It takes 3 fucking red interrupts to finish the deed.  Legion is a flashlight with flaps.  How the fuck do they manage to put so much emotion into that "face" when you have to stare him down and pull the trigger?  Felt like putting down the pet you grew up with.

Eli Vance, 'that' moment in HL2:Ep2

I think because I'd been playing through the series for four years and had a lot of emotional investment in the characters, plus the father/daughter dialog between him and Alyx, I have never been moved so much by a computer game.

Recenly, 'This War Of MIne'. I get the same feeling of hopelessness playing that as I did reading Cormack McCarthy's 'The Road'.

I had an unhealthy attachment to characters in the Legacy of Kain series. No other game gave me quite the same emotional immersion after those.

As Dia said, definitely The Last of Us.  And fuck yeah, Ace Combat 04.  Ace Combat 5 too, to a certain extent... though that depended on how much you liked Chopper, heh.  And Zero... RIP PJ, the bro who just wanted to be your bro.

Bioshock 1&2

I have to admit Valiant Hearts gave me goosebumps just from watching the trailer...

Picked up Dragon Age: Inquisition recently.  

Maybe it was just a unlikely convergence of circumstances, but...

The whole first act end was drawing me in.  It was early morning, I was in a tired-but-fueled-by-stimulants state.  Though I knew there was no way The Herald was going to die, I was having a moment.  I was on the edge of song myself, with a playlist of Manowar's heroic death anthems rolling through my head.  The events themselves were pretty standard fare, but in the video scenes between acts...  Mother G singing "The Dawn Will Come", followed by the whole camp joining in...  The lines blurred for a moment.  I was in the game.  Living it, not playing it.  

Spec Ops the Line with the white phosphorus scene. Wanted to stop playing after that.

Seeing that this is the general reaction to that scene, I feel like a psychopath because it didn't really bother me. More like a "whoopsie daisy" moment for me.

Heavy-Rain_PS3_US.jpg

Beyond_Two_Souls_final_cover.jpg

the-last-of-us-key-art-the-last-of-us-2-

TL;DL

Heavy Rain is the best of the best. That game was one of three games that made me feel SO emotional!... along with the Walking Dead as well.

Heavy-Rain_PS3_US.jpg

Beyond_Two_Souls_final_cover.jpg

the-last-of-us-key-art-the-last-of-us-2-

TL;DL

Heavy Rain is the best of the best. That game was one of three games that made me feel SO emotional!... along with the Walking Dead as well.

My favorite part of Heavy Rain.  Spoilers, but the spoilers aren't the focus...

I had an unhealthy attachment to characters in the Legacy of Kain series. No other game gave me quite the same emotional immersion after those.

Legacy of Kain: Defiance was pretty awesome in terms of story. 

My favorite part of Heavy Rain.  Spoilers, but the spoilers aren't the focus...

That was fucking hilarious. Every game should have  a Shaun button to liven up those tense moments :-)