Sign in to follow this  
TragicLoss

New Greenie wanting tips to work on going blue

As a newly green player with 3.6k battles I'm wondering how I can improve more. I've been playing my IS-3 a ton since it's the tank that I know the best and play the best in. I play with more experienced players and watch a few streams now and again and I've been focusing on getting as much damage as possible and attempting to support my team, but I seem to have hit somewhat of a plateau in my improvement. I've noticed that many pro players do well in most tanks, but I'm very specified in the tank that I do well in. Any advice?

http://wotlabs.net/na/player/tragiclossStats

Hmm, I assume you mean cyan/light blue, right? Work on positioning and damage and try to hit the expected values of the tanks you play. If your gun isn't in the game you should be moving to where it can be ^^

On a side note -- are you asking why you only perform better in one tank (whereas good players perform in many)?

I'd say its hard not to hit blue if you are green @ 3,6k games.

Why am i saying this?

Clearly you want to improve (proof? this topic and your stats) and if you are willing, you are bound to learn eventually.

Because i haven't platooned with you or anything i can only say one thing for sure on where to improve.

If you are green you simply aren't reading your minimap @ purple levels. Make sure to check on that little square in the bottom right of your screen every now and then. After a while you should not only be able to make realiable assumptions based on what you see on the map, but also on what you don't see.

Anyhows GL on your mission to blunicumhood :)

This is very general - i don't know you at all so i might be wrong.

Work on your opening moves so you can do damage early more often and derp less often.

It's true though that at 3.6k green is nit half bad. If you're from EU server add me so we can play some together (i can't see it cause i'm on mobile)

These are pretty much the same stats I had with 3.5k battles, so don't worry about not being blue yet, a lot of it comes with experience.

Keep improving your weakspot knowledge, read up on map tactics and work on your situational and map awareness. There's also plenty of guides for your skill range on here, just browse around a bit or use the search.

Hmm, I assume you mean cyan/light blue, right? Work on positioning and damage and try to hit the expected values of the tanks you play. If your gun isn't in the game you should be moving to where it can be ^^

On a side note -- are you asking why you only perform better in one tank (whereas good players perform in many)?

Yeah. I've mainly become a green player because I do exceptionally well in my IS-3. 

I'd say its hard not to hit blue if you are green @ 3,6k games.

Why am i saying this?

Clearly you want to improve (proof? this topic and your stats) and if you are willing, you are bound to learn eventually.

Because i haven't platooned with you or anything i can only say one thing for sure on where to improve.

If you are green you simply aren't reading your minimap @ purple levels. Make sure to check on that little square in the bottom right of your screen every now and then. After a while you should not only be able to make realiable assumptions based on what you see on the map, but also on what you don't see.

Anyhows GL on your mission to blunicumhood :)

On a good week I tend to hit blue WN8 during my games, but only in my IS-3. I have no idea how to play other tanks :/

This is very general - i don't know you at all so i might be wrong.

Work on your opening moves so you can do damage early more often and derp less often.

It's true though that at 3.6k green is nit half bad. If you're from EU server add me so we can play some together (i can't see it cause i'm on mobile)

I'm on the NA server. 

These are pretty much the same stats I had with 3.5k battles, so don't worry about not being blue yet, a lot of it comes with experience.

Keep improving your weakspot knowledge, read up on map tactics and work on your situational and map awareness. There's also plenty of guides for your skill range on here, just browse around a bit or use the search.

I know blue comes with experience, but even then I feel like i've hit a plateau. I am pretty aware of weakspots and average about 1.2k-2k damage