kunjuro

Object 907 Feedback and Appreciation Thread

140 is a faster 62A with a much less shitty turret than the 907, so.

The turret on the 907 is much better than that on the 140. While the auto-pen zone on top is slightly larger, the sides and front are much much stronger and can withstand HEAT spam! The cupolas are also better. The 140 has much lower effective armor values on the turret. Check in tank inspector. The turret rotation speed is also noticeably better on the 907.

It doesn't matter. The frontal turret armour of both tanks is absolutely insane, if your 140 gets frontal turret penned once in a dozen games, you had bad luck. The 140's overmatch zone is only slightly smaller against 120mm+ guns, against all the 100mms and 105mms that other meds use, the overmatch zone is like half the size. It's also taller, so the roof ends up being a slightly smaller target in close combat than the 907s.

Definitely the worse turret.

I have been liking my 907 so far, even though I admit that I have had very poor results (Not counting 2 terrible games in which I had lag issues). I had one great game, platooned, and then it's all been lackluster.
I can see that the vehicle has potential, but it's my first Tier X RU med, and I come from the E50M, so I believe my gameplay must be very off. I think that once I get used to the way the vehicle plays I'll be able to do so much better in it.

I am half thinking of leaving it parked 'till I can grind a good crew for it though. Right now I have a T-34 crew (With T-34-85 gunner), and they are at 1,4 skills, 0,8 skills for the gunner, so that surely isn't helping me either.

This. So much this. 62a has the best turret I've ever seen. 140's turret gets over matched so easily it's ridiculous. Trying to hull down with the 62a/140 is like night and day.

I've only played one game in the 907 but I was getting a good amount of bounces off of my turret.

It doesn't matter. The frontal turret armour of both tanks is absolutely insane, if your 140 gets frontal turret penned once in a dozen games, you had bad luck. The 140's overmatch zone is only slightly smaller against 120mm+ guns, against all the 100mms and 105mms that other meds use, the overmatch zone is like half the size. It's also taller, so the roof ends up being a slightly smaller target in close combat than the 907s.

Definitely the worse turret.

The front of the 140 turret really isn't that good. There are enough spots an E-50M for example can pen with standard ammo. The turret of the 907 is clearly better in this regard. Yes the top is shit and even bigger than on the 140, yet in-game it comes down to the same since with both of them you equally can not risk to stand still even when being hull-down. You need to move back and forth continuously so enemies can't reliably hit the roof. Only the T-62a has the privilege to be able to simply ignore most enemies when hull-down.

Another point in favor of the 907 are the cupolas on the turret. Those are smaller and better armored than those on the 140. In the end we can agree to disagree^^

So guys will it be used over 140 or 62a in CW?

I am seriously depressed, It`s the only tank I lack now.

This. So much this. 62a has the best turret I've ever seen. 140's turret gets over matched so easily it's ridiculous. Trying to hull down with the 62a/140 is like night and day.

I've only played one game in the 907 but I was getting a good amount of bounces off of my turret.

I never ever get this. 140 turret for me bounces 90% of the shots it takes. Only when I get lazy does it not. And since it snap shots like a boss it adds to it. Now if it had t59 aimtime it might be a issue, but it doesnt.

Everytime I see this argument I think the guy just sits there exposed or is playing against Purples at 25m away and rolling up into the same exact hulldown spots.

The actual strip of overmatch area is like a few weld thickness`s when you have the 140 depressed at all. I know shots are just lines and not really 105mm shells si it can be hit but the odds are ridiculously low from range.

2VIhOCW.png

I mean, look at how tiny that is. How the hell are you guys getting hit in that so often unless you are sitting still?

Also tanks like the 140 and 907 that have overmatch zones as balancing are gonna get huge buffs with accuracy nerfs as well.

It's my first Tier-X RU med... If it's "bad" I should have gotten the others a lot sooner.

There`s a reason they are used as 80% of the med`s in CW. They simply can do all jobs well. They scout 2nd best, they brawl 2nd/1st best, they snipe 2nd best, and have the 2nd best overall armor+speed+DPM.

2nd or 1st best at every single role when the 1st best tanks have glaring weak points makes them a clear winner IMO. I seriously love my 140 to death.

snip

Here's my optimal play style in Russian mediums:

Sit in a hull down position preventing the enemy from advancing while peeking to trade shots with tanks while they all either miss my cupola or bounce off the top of my turret. Simply peek above the hill, take your time to aim, have a few pubbies bounce your turret, shoot, back up and wait for reload, repeat. The T-62a is able to accomplish this flawlessly because of the insane turret armor. The 140 is unable to do this because of the easily overmatched turret. If you like constantly moving back and forth while hitting weakspots then that's your own prerogative.

I like sitting still when aiming.

That seems to be the playstyle most people have that dislike the 140. That's just not the way the tank works, the 140 is not the medium equivalent of a depressionless T29 like the 62A is, it's just a medium, through and through, and does the job better than any other T10. You're supposed to be abusing your stature and exposure, not your turret. Seeing as the game is filled with mediums that have ~the same playstyle as the 140, I dont see why people have such a hard time with it. It's like they see that RU turret and just go "nope, hulldown 24/7".

I don't just use the turret when going hull down and sniping, the main problem I have with the 140's turret is not only does it turn slowly as I'm circling heavies, but I'm also at risk of having them smack with their 120mm+ guns as soon as they swing their gun my way because my turret just gets overmatched. T62A does not having that problem because I could drive behind an E100 for example and the best he could do is fire his HEAT shell at me and hope that he hit a spot that pens. Granted, I can't do this in my 907 but at least my gun is pointed at my target unlike the 140 >.>

I like sitting still when aiming.

I aim well. I dont rush many shots at all. And while I do rock back and fourth its only in between shots. But in the 2.5 secs I take to aim I almost never get turret overmatched or hit at all. I think I get hit 1 in 4 games where the 62a would stop it. But I also have much better depression and can use the tank where I cant use a T54 or 62a.

Look at the easily overmatched area and it is very very small.

That seems to be the playstyle most people have that dislike the 140. That's just not the way the tank works, the 140 is not the medium equivalent of a depressionless T29 like the 62A is, it's just a medium, through and through, and does the job better than any other T10. You're supposed to be abusing your stature and exposure, not your turret. Seeing as the game is filled with mediums that have ~the same playstyle as the 140, I dont see why people have such a hard time with it. It's like they see that RU turret and just go "nope, hulldown 24/7".

And in the regard of "Non T29" meds it is the very best turret`d armor med besides the T62a. Playing strictly hulldown it does more than ok. Meaning it does a similiar job as the 62a at the 62a main strength but does other things much better. IDK, I think its the most complete tank in the game.

I don't just use the turret when going hull down and sniping, the main problem I have with the 140's turret is not only does it turn slowly as I'm circling heavies, but I'm also at risk of having them smack with their 120mm+ guns as soon as they swing their gun my way because my turret just gets overmatched. T62A does not having that problem because I could drive behind an E100 for example and the best he could do is fire his HEAT shell at me and hope that he hit a spot that pens. Granted, I can't do this in my 907 but at least my gun is pointed at my target unlike the 140 >.>

Not only is this a rare instance for me, but it also is very rare they will land a shot right on the top of the turret as im strafing them. E100 will almost always fire HEAT. And E5 isnt tall enough  and can depress enough to shoot your hull anyways.

I cant think of a tank I truly fear with a 120mm+ gun that is tall and whos turret moves so fast as to reliably hit my overmatch zone.

Also the 140`s turret traverse is not bad for a med...Its just not 62a. Its the same as the 430`s, same as the M48`s and more than the Batchats.

I had attempted to circle an E75 in my 140 for the first time, only to have him kill me by shooting the top of my turret. My experiences in the 140 are less than stellar...

Edit: Put food on the 907 to try it out and now I can't take it out. 

Lu6Ipc5.jpg

It is my 140 crew which I seldom use so I guess they are starved.

Imo the mistake many players make who complain about the 140 but love the 62a is that they try to go to the same positions. You can't, simple.

The 62a can go hull down slightly below the enemy without many problems but in the 140 you need to be slightly above so as to avoid turret overmatching. Most 140 fail drivers don't get this and then complain about the turret when in reality they don't get the subtle differences in playstyle. In exchange, the 140 has the gun depression to use those positions the 62a can't.

Learn2hulldown :-P

Imo the mistake many players make who complain about the 140 but love the 62a is that they try to go to the same positions. You can't, simple.

Yep its true. And as I said as the Sigma/accuracy changes to more inaccurate 140 will become better. Also if 62a goes HD it will become more like T54`s IMO.

I met two of them while grinding my STA. I've set them both on fire and than sniped those turret tops with 275 HEAT. They were very upset, to say the least. :D

Wait you used heat vs overmatch zones in STA? Brave. I love when guys spam HEAT at my 140 as usually it means im in godmode. I love when the T54 drivers who are baddies face me.

You're a funny guy.  :smallsmile:

Cupolas are a large part of the upper turret and they are not overmatchable with AP, and even some parts of the turret face are not resistant to high roll HEAT pens. And since there is zero spaced armor on it, there is absolutely no advantage in shooting 200 pen AP over 275 or 330 HEAT against 907's turret. If you stand still with 907 you're gonna get rekt.

It seems equally as powerful as the other Russian meds, with very small differences, haven't caught on fire yet, does it have frontal fuel tanks like the others? but that ammo rack is definitely a problem, not quite Leopard 1 but at least IS-3.

Christmas holidays + X5 events have rather trolled my WR in it though seriously considering win rate is just luck right now... ;)

This being my first T10 russkie med, I love it.

Didn't take long to ace it either.

Encountered you and your platoon in an Erlenberg game tonight. I didn't have much trouble penetrating the hull with my 121 and the game didn't come to me shooting your turret. But I did not penetrate one shot on yours or your platoonmates side, while penetrating another 907s side with 144pen in another game, so trollish side.

Anyway, I haven't played mine and I won't play it for quite a long time for 2 reasons. 1. I don't have a good crew, not even 6th sense yet. 2. It's my first rusky med and I want to grind t54-t62a line first to get the feel of them and not have a shitty average dmg. And from the stuff I hear, I need atleast a 3 skill crew to eliminate its small problems. Safe stowage and Jack of all trades for the commanders 4th skill so I can run food with it afterwards.

About the T62a vs 140 argument, I tried them both in test server for a dozen games and I know it's not enough games to have a proper opinion but I found 140 inferior to the t62a in almost every aspect except gun depression. The gun handling is noticeably worse and for some reason I agree with a guy above that said the t62s feels more mobile like it floats while the 140 feels like it's on mud all the time.The t62a was insane, felt like the armor is just a bonus with that gun and decent speed/mobility combo.

Capture.JPG?_subject_uid=93771277&w=AADB

This is my first reward tank since I haven't played other 2 campaigns but I'm wondering one thing, do you guys get a lot of hate towards the tank. I mean like every single battle there is at least one guy that flames you for driving it.