kunjuro

Object 907 Feedback and Appreciation Thread

Leo has pretty mediocre gun control, cant snapshot worth shit so you need to aim all your shots. Patton is better in this regard but it's still almost universally worse than the 140/62a's gun handling. Sure, gun depression, fine, but the turret is large and paper and has a very weak tumor. The M60's turret alone is nearly as tall as the entire 907 and certainly much easier to pen. I understand everyone has different playstyles and opinions, but jeez man that's like saying you're upset you got a T29 instead of your beloved Panther. The M60 sucks!

I don't understand purple's fascination with "turret armor" on medium tanks. Barring spending hp in late game, getting shot is bad. The 62A turret is no better than an E75 or E100's except for the fact it's smaller with rounded edges. Gold rounds go through the cheeks just as easily, and well aimed T10 medium APCR will too. Hulldown 62A's don't scare me in any tank with >260 pen. My own 62A certainly didn't scare any pubbies away from putting shots right through me like I described. Sure you'll bounced some stuff with some good wiggling, but I'd bet on not getting shot at in the first place over armor any day. Gun depression lets you do that, and the fatton has the best combination of depression and handling of any T10 med.

Snapshot ability and just enough turret armor to troll bounce, with all that depression, and 390 alpha make the M48/M60 fucking amazing. Rexxie, we need to plat some time so I can show you the glory that is Patton and his tanks. Stalin's got shit on 'Murica.

bring it m8s

Barring spending hp in late game, getting shot is bad.

omg you are literally asking for it

Snapshot ability and just enough turret armor to troll bounce, with all that depression, and 390 alpha make the M48/M60 fucking amazing.

WOTLABS Y U DO DIS

I don't know what to say, it's like... I could legitimately argue this, but when someone already has it in their mind the M48 and M60 are amazing, all hope is lost. Walrus' argument sounding SO typically blurple doesn't help at all D:

I've never said that they were amazing, I said I'd rather have the M60 over the 907, because I dislike the 907, and the M60 is a flavor I haven't tried yet. Please, explain how getting shot in a medium tank is a good thing. Maybe I'll actually learn something from this forum again, gosh that would be nice for a change. Ultimately, I seem to have different tastes than the majority of purples here. My experiences with the 62A were shitty, shitty, shitty. My time in the 907 has been shitty, shitty, shitty. My time in "bad mediums" like the Leo1 has been thoroughly enjoyable, and has delivered results. Check my stats Rexxie, the 62A has the worst DPG of ANY OF MY T10 MEDIUMS, even though it was the most recently obtained other than the 907. Next from the bottom is the 140 and the 907, the latter having extreme recency bias. My STB and Leo1 are far above any other RU med, by almost 300 DPG. So please Rexxie, teach this blurple (god i thought you were above that) why I shouldn't be wanting to play the fattons, especially with buffs coming.

First off, I've got no turret armor hardon. The 62A is not my thing, I dont think its a great tank. Exposure means a lot to me, which means I value gun depression as much as the next guy. That doesn't make the pattons good. A lot of mediums are better than the 62A, but those tanks aren't the Pattons. Secondly, get off the DPG train. Yeah, so let's say your Leo had 300 more DPG than your RU meds. That means the Leo is not good. The Leo, M48, M60, and to a lesser extent STB are damage farmers. They do two things well - move around and farm damage. The 140, 430, 907, and E-50M do not do that. They take hits, they hold their ground, and are just generally more useful without meatshields.

Taking hits in any tank can often be a good thing. The whole "CONSERVE HP MANG" deal is just trash spouted by wannabe uniscums now learning how to inflate stats. You should be spending your HP. Wisely, sure, but spending it nevertheless. Saving HP for lategame is just bullshit. If you need that HP to carry later on, it's often because you failed to use it earlier and your team payed the price, leaving you with their burden later on. I'm not saying you should just roll up to people in your meds with the goal of taking hits, certainly not, but holding key locations and taking map control and then spending your HP (if you cant just force them to miss/bounce everything without giving up control) is key.

You shouldn't want to play your pattons because they are pathetic support platforms without the capability of real support tanks. They are bad. Walrus, it doesn't even look like you own a M48 or M60, do you have any idea how these tanks play? They are literally slow American leos.

I haven't played them, that's why they are appealing; it's something new. A slow Leo1 with less bloom sounds a lot better to me than a 62a clone. Spending hp can have value, I get that. You don't have to treat me like a green shitter. But the 62A's armor is not good enough that it makes more of a difference than the fatton's superior damage dealing ability. Call it whoring if you must, but damage done right wins games. Tanks with depression can do damage right. The fatton has more hp, and will still troll bounce poorly aimed shots. If the 62A cheeks weren't so vulnerable, the "meatshield" argument would hold more water, and rightfully so. I would be very much still playing it if it was as advertised. But it isn't. And you still haven't explained why the fattons are bad. You just repeatedly state that they're bad, or pathetic, and give no reasoning beyond that, expecting me to believe you. I'm at the point where I don't blindly believe PP's if my own experiences are different. So sell it to me. I'm not sure if it's intended but you are very much coming across as "because I'm a PP and I said so." I'm pulling 3100 and 70% despite apparently still being shit at this game. I'm not going to believe you purely because of your stats and PP tag, especially when Jojack loves the Fatton, and his stats wreck yours.

TBH the only reason I didn't buy the M48 a long time ago was because PP's said it was shit. Now a lot of purples are really liking it, so why shouldn't I?

Comon Drunken_Walrus, you know Rexxie is right. It's fine that you like comfy gun depression but you cannot beat the argument that T-62a, Object 140, Object 907, E-50M and to a lesser extent STB-1 can all deny enemy guns by bouncing shots while still sporting excellent fire power & mobility whereas the rest of the euro meds needs enemies to make mistakes with regard to positioning and/or miss shots because they only have fire power and mobility but no armor to speak of.

With the first group you can take key locations on the map even against strong opposition, such as:

- Malinovka hill against heavies pushing up: Hull down and shoot the crap out of them

- Arctic Region A1: Deny map control by laying covering fire, thus enabling your allies to push across open ground and effectively win the north

- Hold Westfield northern hill against pushing heavies by bouncing their return shots

- Sand River Dunes

- Highway northwest slopes

- Pearl River heavy tank alley in the north

You say your highest dpg in meds is with gun depression softies - well, my highest dpg in a med was with the FV 4202 (and also with a decent win rate due to platooning)... As soon as I tried pushing against opposition with it, however, it dropped below 3k because I grew tired of farming damage of the hp pools of my allies. You may feel you are doing better in euro meds but if your goal is winning, then the holy trinity of armor, firepower and mobility still applies and the Russian clones, E 50M and STB-1 are king. 

you cheeky skrubs cannot comprehend the euphoria i am experiencing playing the t62. not sure if one guy penetrated my t62 turret in the >300 games ive played. if you let scrubs slam heat through your turret fromt your movement sucks.

since this thread is about the 907: ermergerd. awesomesauce med, troll armor and the increases dpm gives me a boner everytime. not sure if i can maintain the 4500 avg dmg tho because of the weak plays due to the personal missions.

The only problem i have with this tank is the ammorack. It bugs me so much im considering taking second repair kit over food or installing WAR like i did on Leo1.

I hate to say this but the best way not to get ammo rack is not to get spotted and just fire from afar till some opportunity arise to flank . Normally when I get ammo rack , it is my fault since I am showing off my side armour etc . 

I hate to say this but the best way not to get ammo rack is not to get spotted and just fire from afar till some opportunity arise to flank . Normally when I get ammo rack , it is my fault since I am showing off my side armour etc . 

It can get ammoracked by frontal shots. Red line sniping is not my style.

Maintaining a distance in early game does not mean putting my tank side by side with the CGC , I like to preserve my hp for later uses . What is the point of going point to the enemy in the first 5 mins of the game only to get wreck ? I tried the 140 , T-62A and finally 907 guns over the past month and I found that the 907 stands in the middle in terms of accuracy so why not put it to good use ? Going to an advantageous position in Malinovka like C5 ( North spawn ) F7 ( South spawn ) to fire off a couple of initial shots against HT/MT moving up the hill or in open is crucial to the success of your team . I am only willing to spend my hp in mid-late game where a fresh attack is needed to tip the tide in my team's favor , it is all about timing no ? Just because I say stay afar does not mean the red line . 

Redline is just an expression, what i wanted to say is that usually  will be inside of spotting distance of my targets during initial engagements and i will often gamble a bit of HP to get better position/more initial damage. In those situations is where i notice faulty 907 ammorack. 

Well we are obviously different players , I opt to stay safe yet at the same time contributing to the team's effort in their attack early on while you risk some hp for some advantageous position . I make do with whatever spots available to snipe and weaken them down before going in for the kill . Both methods has its merit but I am more than willing to see your games from your point of view , I am not a good front line player therefore I have to preserve as much hp as possible .