kunjuro

Object 907 Feedback and Appreciation Thread

I seem to do a lot better in it than my 140. It takes hits a lot better, and doesn't seem to get lit on fire as often. 

A lot of troll bounces off the front plate, although the side armour doesn't seem as good in practice as almost all guns at tier X are high caliber enough to overmatch. 

It's probably because i'm a shitter. 

A lot of troll bounces off the front plate, although the side armour doesn't seem as good in practice as almost all guns at tier X are high caliber enough to overmatch. 

Uh, pretty sure the only thing that may overmatch the side is a T92 firing AP or something dumb like that.

Speaking of dumb, gonna ween off the 140 for a bit, because I have been doing things I would never have tried in a Leo 1, and it's costing me games. Sorry 140, it's not you, it's me.

Uh, pretty sure the only thing that may overmatch the side is a T92 firing AP or something dumb like that.

Speaking of dumb, gonna ween off the 140 for a bit, because I have been doing things I would never have tried in a Leo 1, and it's costing me games. Sorry 140, it's not you, it's me.

I'm confused, I thought the side armor was like 30 but it shows 45 on the most part. Also my understanding of overmatch mechanics is a bit screwy. 

If the 907 has 45 side armor covered by 20mm of tracks, do you need 45x3 calibre to overmatch it or (45+20)x3 to overmatch? 

I believe you only need 45x3. If I understand the mechanics correctly, the tracks are treated as a layer, and the armor underneath if a separate later. They aren't added together.

The tracks "eat" penetration, but that's it. So if you have a 152mm with 100 pen and you hit the tracks at 90 degrees, your 152mm shell has 80mm of pen left when it gets to the armor underneath.

Nope, from how I understand it the side armor can not get overmatched because the overmatch rule get only applied once. Which means the tracks on the outside get overmatched but than no second overmatch can occur (it's 2 armor layers after all).

At least that's how I believe it works.

Nope, from how I understand it the side armor can not get overmatched because the overmatch rule get only applied once. Which means the tracks on the outside get overmatched but than no second overmatch can occur (it's 2 armor layers after all).

At least that's how I believe it works.

Whelp time to post in the mechanics section. 

I have nothing to add except to say that I appreciate this tank. I'm not entire certain why (the front turret is my best guess), but I seem to really do well in it.

0bc9321a4b.png

3rd mark is a pain. Whatever VBaddict lists the target for 3 MoE is incorrect. I was around 93.5% and had a team camp 1-2 line on Cliff. Got rolled, lost 1%. Didn't play it until the next day. First game that day was 5.3k damage with 1000 tracking, lost another .75% from the bi-weekly target damage updating. I guess my numbers the previous day inflated them...

I'll put it on hold until my numbers aren't being factored into the target damage.

Wow, it actually makes that big of a difference?

Yeah, I think so. Not many players have the 907, and even less have played it enough in the past two weeks to have their numbers factored into the bi-weekly damage. The sample size just isn't large enough, so I have to basically do the entire grind in one day, or I will be competing against myself for the next two weeks.

Yeah, I think so. Not many players have the 907, and even less have played it enough in the past two weeks to have their numbers factored into the bi-weekly damage. The sample size just isn't large enough, so I have to basically do the entire grind in one day, or I will be competing against myself for the next two weeks.

Should I start suiscouting on alts for you? 8v)

I absolutely love it.

And some people tell me it's just inferior to the other Soviet mediums, I don't know, I have barely played both 140/62A on test servers, so I don't know. Then again, played a Soviet medium that doesn't require HEAT spam is always nice, especially when the basic round is just a APCR that travels at speed of light!.

I'm recovering it's stats, especially the DPG. Used to be low due to pure CW use, now it's sitting at 2600 which is more than enough for a player of my caliber.

Edited by Torenico

And some people tell me it's just inferior to the other Soviet mediums, I don't know, I have barely played both 140/62A on test servers, so I don't know. Then again, played a Soviet medium that doesn't require HEAT spam is always nice, especially when the basic round is just a APCR that travels at speed of light!.

The amount of HEAT you have to fire in tier X USSR meds are the same. It is the same gun on all of them (penetration wise). The only difference is the gun handling and accuracy which doesn't differ THAT significantly in my opinion.

I had a lovely streak of 7 (seven) games in a row where I got ammo racked twice. I was quite close to just selling this tank, but considering it is a reward tank I didn't. Also, gotta collect all the damn soviet hovermeds.

seems you got the marks after all gj, did you grind them in one day? did it help?

seems you got the marks after all gj, did you grind them in one day? did it help?

I spent ~2 days grinding out the games needed to boost my MoE to around 93.5% However, because the NA sample size for the 907 is considerably lower than EU, my DPG heavily influenced the numbers WG uses for the two-week DPG pool. After the first day, my MoE was ~93.5%, and I stopped for the day. I played one game on the second day, which was around 6.5k combined damage, and my MoE dropped to around 91%. This was because my own numbers the previous day were counted against me. I didn't play for two weeks so my numbers weren't included in the sample size, and the first game I played bumped it from 91% --> 95.5%

Not sure if that makes any sense.