Smokin_Cookie

WoT Battle Caller Guide

First off - greetings to the WoTLabds community. I don't follow either forum, and this is my first post here. So I apologize for not introducing myself first, and I also apologize if this isn't the right place for this.

But, if you can forgive me, I would like to humbly submit for your approval my WoT Field Ops Manual. This is something I originally posted in the JKL forums, and at the behest of several fellow LIMBOners, especially CarbonatedPork, I'm also posting it here. Basically this is a (very long) guide on what it takes to be a good leader and battle caller. There's plenty of excellent guides on playing tanks, but not enough on Leading tanks in team-based battles.

And Stronks/Skirmishes are the best part of WoT. This even applies to Clam Warts (if your math skills are deficient enough to leave you interested in such a waste).

But, I'm warning you:  it's long.

31 pages long.  Yup.... 31 pages. But, in fairness, I cover a LOT of ground.

Now, I know some people don't go so much for that readin chore, so you've been warned. But, it that's the case, it's also full of pretty pictures!!! So, there's that.

WoT Field Ops Manual v1.1

Cookie delivers!

That was a fantastic read and definitely worth the time it took to read it, for aspiring callers and grunts alike. Tank homogeneity and decisive wolfpack pushes are things I've not really considered but now that you mention them I can recognize that they've been instrumental in every successful organized battle I've been a part of.

Thanks for poasting it, cookie! I think its quality is worthy of a WoTLabs article.

Cookie delivers!

That was a fantastic read and definitely worth the time it took to read it, for aspiring callers and grunts alike. Tank homogeneity and decisive wolfpack pushes are things I've not really considered but now that you mention them I can recognize that they've been instrumental in every successful organized battle I've been a part of.

Thanks for poasting it, cookie! I think its quality is worthy of a WoTLabs article.

Well thanks for telling me to bring it to WotLabs. Hopefully the community finds benefit from it. That will make trhe effort worth it.

Also, when are you coming back? I miss you. <3

Can I get a tl;dr on this?

You know you got a proofreading credit inside it?

Well thanks for telling me to bring it to WotLabs. Hopefully the community finds benefit from it. That will make trhe effort worth it.

Also, when are you coming back? I miss you. <3

It's a great guide; I hope so too!

I... I'm trying very hard not to come back! I do get tempted every now and again, though.

Thank you for a great read.  Plus anyone that quotes Jayne Cobb has my respect.

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here." ―Jayne Cobb

I'll be digesting this while I'm digesting Christmas dinner.

We can see which causes a coma first;

1)  31 Pages

2)  A Standing Rib Roast, mooing rare, followed by a 31 Flavors cone.

That is a great great guide. I hope you don't mind me linking it to my clan forums so our callers can read it. 

Nice read, first pages are a bit "doh!" but second half gets better.

Thank you.