WaterWar

Experience with nVidia SHIELD?

Hello all.

My trusty old tablet (Asus Transformer Prime TF201) has begun to act up (slow booting, crashing, so on) and I have therefore been toying with the idea of treating myself to a new tablet. I have stumbled upon the nVidia SHIELD tablet and am impressed by what I see - on paper. Paper stats don't always tell the full story, sadly. I was hoping one of you guys would have one and could tell me whether you like it or not?

What I would also like to know is:

-How does the whole play-proper-games-on-a-tablet work? Is it really good enough to be worth it? Is the streaming feature reliable?

-Is it easy to connect some sort of keyboard for writing (and gaming) so I can use it for taking notes during lectures?

-How is it for productivity stuff like note-taking and internet browsing? Can it handle multitasking well?

-Is it worth the price?

I am looking forward to hearing what experiences you have with it as I really like the look of it.

190 total

1. Some technical blanking out issues in some shields
2. Limited memory degrades product
3. Issues with streaming games (can be remedied if your good)
4. Poor tech support

Only a fraction of reviews say that tough

Some say its good hardware but bad software

Most reviews are solid tough:

If you didnt see dias build for emulators yet here it is shamefully ripped

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10750417_10152627983128790_1213374006817365591_o.jpg

Galaxy tab 4 +32gb sd card + N64/PS1/2/gamecube/GBA/3ds/SNES Emulators will all the games you want + a Ipega Bluetooth extendable controller.
Works flawlessly

190 total

I appreciate your post but I am asking for personal experiences.

I have been reading tonnes of reviews but so far haven't been able to find the answers to my specific questions, hence why I asked for people who already owns one :)

190 total

1. Some technical blanking out issues in some shields

2. Limited memory degrades product

3. Issues with streaming games (can be remedied if your good)

4. Poor tech support

Only a fraction of reviews say that tough

Some say its good hardware but bad software

Most reviews are solid tough:

If you didnt see dias build for emulators yet here it is shamefully ripped

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10750417_10152627983128790_1213374006817365591_o.jpg

Galaxy tab 4 +32gb sd card + N64/PS1/2/gamecube/GBA/3ds/SNES Emulators will all the games you want + a Ipega Bluetooth extendable controller.

Works flawlessly

190 total

I appreciate your post but I am asking for personal experiences.

I have been reading tonnes of reviews but so far haven't been able to find the answers to my specific questions, hence why I asked for people who already owns one :)

I Upgraded to the sheild.

While its a great tablet, Depending on what games you want to play (VIA streaming) or emulators Its sufficient. 

You can probably use what i use for emulators without any trouble. 

YMMY