Rayboy

Taunting

Hey guys,

just watched some battle in postmortem (yea, i got a terrible survival rate :D)and tried to help my mates do the right things. Came to the point the enemy did the right thing: Cap.

So i tried to taunt them to get out of the cap...

And immidiatly got smacked by my morals: They do the right thing -> they try to win -> they will probably learn a bit in that battle -> less noobs in WoT

So i just want to know:

Do you guys taunt in your games to achieve certain things, like reset the cap, let the enemy drive into you et cetera?

Let's see what morals unicums got :P

When I'm dead, I don't stay in the battle except to insult some people for a maximum of a minute or so.

If I'm dead I leave and let my team do what they do. If they win good, if they don't I can't complain because it's my own fault for dying.

Look at it from another perspective:

1. Taunting is a last resort that can, in rare cases, provoke an enemy to make the crucial mistake of leaving cap. If you're facing certain defeat otherwise, why not taunt and hope they grant you a fighting chance?

2. If the above really happens and costs them the game, don't you think that teaches them a far more valuable lesson of not letting their emotions get the better of them? This would result in "learning -> less noobs in WoT". 

2. If the above really happens and costs them the game, don't you think that teaches them a far more valuable lesson of not letting their emotions get the better of them? This would result in "learning -> less noobs in WoT". 

I thought exactly about that while writing the post :D

ad 1: I'm utilitarian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilitarianism) and dont really know if its worth the win if my enemy rages afterwards, like "Dumb team" and so on. (Yep that thread will be pretty philosophical from now on xD

If the enemy is stupid af and you think taunting them to get off cap will work, by all means do it.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1360371#himmelsdorf-schnitzeltruck-at-15a

I was across the map from the cap and one of the last alive, so i starting taunted the cappers on enemy team to come kill me as I am only 1 TD for more exp/creds. They got off cap which allowed me to save a victory despite being outnumbered. 

Any one else notice the excessive taunting/trash talk from clickers lately?

What else are the ass clowns going to do during their long reloads?

French Soldier: I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

French Soldier: No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

French Soldier: You don't frighten us with your silly knees-bent running around advancing behavior!

Playing the mind games in chat is viable. It's a good way to get people to go on tilt and force them to fuck up.

Playing the mind games in chat is viable. It's a good way to get people to go on tilt and force them to fuck up.

The best is saying something in pub chat to troll the enemy team at the start, only to watch half of your team respond to the troll while the enemy team gets into position to wreck face.

Taunting only works in those Jingles videos you see. In reality, in the maybe 100 times I have tried to do it, it has never happened.

Maybe one in a thousand battles this can happen, but only with terribads.

The best is saying something in pub chat to troll the enemy team at the start, only to watch half of your team respond to the troll while the enemy team gets into position to wreck face.

Or when the enemy team chats something and half of your team responds to it... I've lost tournaments to this.

Mweh I usually only advise offensive players...

Or question very scrub actions of my own team.

Had a game on Westfield today where a tiger 2 rushed over the hill and died to the td's and 2 IS-3's. It took a while and our team was seriouslying behind but pulled back to 12-12... and then he claimed his rush paid off... 350 damage result in a tier 8 HT... I wasted time typing back even though I wasn't dead yet :-P