BPX

Charioteer Appreciation Thread

After the horrible Challenger (played it for 6 games), the free exp was definitely worth it. 

I'm now at 2,500 avg dmg after 70 games, pretty sure I can get it up some more.

So balanced.

shot_1666.jpg

I personally use Rammer, Optics, Vents and am running 90% winrate. Makes it pretty great at vision control, which is a nice thing to add to your repertoire. GLD is a bit of an oddity to me - the bloom is really bad, but the aimtime is fairly low. I'm not sure how effective that makes GLD.

Thanks.

Tried that and worked it better.

I really do have a love/hate relationship with this tank.  Sure, I love the gun (when it works at least), but that gun depression is just so damn unBritish.  5 degrees of depression?  For god's sakes...that makes the damn thing so hard to work with.  What annoys me the most is that my four best matches in this tank were two draws and two losses...pretty much the majority of my wins have been rather meh.  Regardless, I really do like this tank and will keep it for sure.  I'll probably give the Conway a whirl, heck even the FV4005 as well, despite how bad they may or may not be.

It looks amazing on paper but the truth is this tank is painful.

Horrid dispersion combined with horrible gun depression and only 370m view range.

Just not worth it. Not in this meta when every other map is designed to minimize the engagement range. This tank is a really good sniper, but what difference does it make when u cant snipe.

And I dont know what the expected damage for this tank is but when you get 2.1k wn8 for 2,7kdmg, you know it is not going to be worth playing.

And I dont know what the expected damage for this tank is but when you get 2.1k wn8 for 2,7kdmg, you know it is not going to be worth playing.

People need to stop using WN8 expected values as a pro/con of a tank - especially for new tanks. All new tanks have placeholder values that will be adjusted once the WN-guys have enough data to work with.

I really don't see how achieving high or low WN8 in a tank is a critical thing to keep track of and be of importance as to whether a tank is good or not. Stop being so damn worried about averaging 3k WN8 every day (this is a general statement and not pointed at you specifically) and just play the game for fun. 

You could argue that if you are achieving low WN8 values and not many 1st class or ace tanker games, then it is more you than the tank that is at fault - i.e. you don't know how to maximise the effectiveness of the tank. Again this is a general statement and not pointed at you.

People need to stop using WN8 expected values as a pro/con of a tank - especially for new tanks. All new tanks have placeholder values that will be adjusted once the WN-guys have enough data to work with.

I really don't see how achieving high or low WN8 in a tank is a critical thing to keep track of and be of importance as to whether a tank is good or not. Stop being so damn worried about averaging 3k WN8 every day (this is a general statement and not pointed at you specifically) and just play the game for fun. 

You could argue that if you are achieving low WN8 values and not many 1st class or ace tanker games, then it is more you than the tank that is at fault - i.e. you don't know how to maximise the effectiveness of the tank. Again this is a general statement and not pointed at you.

If I am doing good in a tank, I like to be acknowledged for it. The maps doesnt favor the tank and it is hard to pull off 2.5k dmg in most maps (Cant brawl, cant snap shot, cant afford to take dmg, only thing this tank is capable of is taking early spots and sniping). There is literally 100 expected dmg difference between charioteer and godly E75.

WN8 doesnt really matter for most, including me since I am already in a well established clan. But for players that are playing/improving and trying to get into good clans, wn8 is indeed a evaluating factor.

I guess you are right about the fact that the expected stats are not final. We will see how it goes.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion about the certain aspects of the game so I respect your opinion. Also I may not be using the tank to the full potential, just wanted to share my opinion with people who is planning to get this tank. If you pay attention to my post wn8 wasnt the main emphasis.

what i've  reed on Russian wot forum, this tank has very bad statistics

for me at start (in stock) it was pain in ass, it took about 200 battles to understand how to use it

my average dmg after 180 battles on it was 1450

right now i have 294 fights on it and avg dmg 1851, avg WN8 on charioteer  went from 1100 to 2300+

it's not TD, it's pure medium tank

Hesh ammo is not very good on it, because dmg difference with regular ACPR is not very big, though it's good vs borsigs and paper-thin tanks  

I use it like support medium tank so far, riding 100-150 meters behind my teams mediums, and dishing out dmg

also it's very good for counter light in some situations

versus Tier 10-s, you really need to take cover though, some of those big guys can easily oneshot you

i currently don't have  BIA on my crew, but i think after i will learn it i will change optic to ventilation 

How are people enjoying their Chariots of Doom? Now the shiny new syndrom has worn off. 

People still playing ir/recommend it?

I'm 80k off it but fml the Challenger.

im slowly grinding the challenger (after the piss-poor achilles) and its gonna take me a while to get this one.

One question, how bad is it with he Type B? Cent mk7 was easy grind with the Type B, Conqueror and especially Tortoise where torture, Charioteer falls in the Tortoise category? :P (so 45k free exp)

It was pretty painful with the 20pdr just because of the turret traverse and lack of gun depression, turns into a bit of a pain trying to get good time on target which the low alpha guns need X_X.

With the L7 tho, Charioteer is love.

So, how does one use this on city maps?

I can see a properly crewed Charioteer on say, Malinovka, Prok or Redshire would be awesome. 

Yet I struggle to think of how I would play this on Himmelsderp etc. 

Oh it's so pretty. 

N4lVGPW.jpg

HESH is hilarious at tier 8. I got an early hit on that Caern for 500+  but somehow did no module damage. 

I did ammorack a P2 though. 

I defo need to carry moar HESH, 5 was not enough.

I like seeing all my tenks in one go.

The DPM is amazeballs. It's better than my E50M, and neither have BiA lelelel. 8.16s, soon to be even shorter with BiA. Utterly amazing. 

I am running fud on the Charioteer though, going full tryhard mode.

Strenk carry

SeN027J.jpg

So far not impressed at all, paper turret + nu gun depression + ridiculous ghetto bloom make it in incredible 1 trick pony: camp and snipe, and with 0.35 accuracy sniping, GG....

Also the low alpha dmg / no gold shells screw it over big time in tier 10, a Rhm or ISU can blab people for 750 (head on if needed), even the redest E100 understands catching a a BL-10 shell in the face is not a good idea.

Im glad the grind to conway is so short (conway can atleast snipe proper)

But most tier 8 tds are quite poor, Mle gun handling makes you brain hurt, Proto should be renamed ghetto, T28 is ok, but still doesnt well, Su-101 is a tier 7 with too much dpm and hp, but stuck on tier 8, Ferdi gets shot to bits by gold shells (but is further good) Rhm is OP in the camo snipe role, or the ``roll around a corner and hit for 750 dmg role`` so a 1 trick pony, at-15 was rly good when i played it, but i guess now ppl figured out where to shoot it

Only good tier 8 TDs are ISU and Jp2, ISU due to pen + alpha + fear factor + some camo / troll armor / straight line speed (faster as heavys, thus always ready to hit for 750 before enemy heavys arrive)

ps: tier 9 TDs are on the other hand almost without exception good, only SU-122-54 and tortoise suck balls, but SU got buffed, so its not longer that worthless, so i have some hope for conway

ps ps: but i also prefer At-15 over tortoise, challenger over achilles, A-43 over cromwell etc, if there is 1 thing i hate about a tank is bad bloom (combined with bad accuracy), on heavys this can work, but on a tank without armor, it 99/100 means crap tank...

So far not impressed at all, paper turret + nu gun depression + ridiculous ghetto bloom make it in incredible 1 trick pony: camp and snipe, and with 0.35 accuracy sniping, GG....

Also the low alpha dmg / no gold shells screw it over big time in tier 10, a Rhm or ISU can blab people for 750 (head on if needed), even the redest E100 understands catching a a BL-10 shell in the face is not a good idea.

Im glad the grind to conway is so short (conway can atleast snipe proper)

But most tier 8 tds are quite poor, Mle gun handling makes you brain hurt, Proto should be renamed ghetto, T28 is ok, but still doesnt well, Su-101 is a tier 7 with too much dpm and hp, but stuck on tier 8, Ferdi gets shot to bits by gold shells (but is further good) Rhm is OP in the camo snipe role, or the ``roll around a corner and hit for 750 dmg role`` so a 1 trick pony, at-15 was rly good when i played it, but i guess now ppl figured out where to shoot it

Only good tier 8 TDs are ISU and Jp2, ISU due to pen + alpha + fear factor + some camo / troll armor / straight line speed (faster as heavys, thus always ready to hit for 750 before enemy heavys arrive)

ps: tier 9 TDs are on the other hand almost without exception good, only SU-122-54 and tortoise suck balls, but SU got buffed, so its not longer that worthless, so i have some hope for conway

ps ps: but i also prefer At-15 over tortoise, challenger over achilles, A-43 over cromwell etc, if there is 1 thing i hate about a tank is bad bloom (combined with bad accuracy), on heavys this can work, but on a tank without armor, it 99/100 means crap tank...

Mix of no armor, no alpha, no nothing good for you in the at15?

Mix of no armor, no alpha, no nothing good for you in the at15?

AT15 has a ton of hp, and very annoying armor to face, it will 1 vs 1 any tier 8 tank with ease, and it can very easy beat up tier 9 tanks (1x an unlucky detrack and its bb)

The gun is stupid good in terms of accuracy / aim time / reload, sure it has no alpha dmg and not suchs good penetration, but the good acc / aim time compensate that

and unlike most other tds, At15 has a massive gun arce and good gun depression, making it really hard to flank and making it possible to shoot enemys in a wide arce in front of you, also peeking ridges and corners is very well possible

its ofc suffers from arty, tier 10 tds and autoloaders, but so do all other tier 8 tds, but all in all AT15 is a solid tank, it has almost everything a good td needs, hp, dpm, accuracy and a huge gun arc

Tier 8 tds would be: ISU / Jp2 > Rhm > At15 >>> T28 > Mle >>> T28 proto / Su-101, T28 is on the border of playable / unplayable, Mle was a bit too bad, and Proto and SU-101 are worthless dogs

I notice the armor works ocasionaly on mine. I angle and all but even t9's dont have to aim for weakspots. Hell even some t8's. That is a problem. Also yes I can 1 vs 1 a ton of tanks but so can the tort. 

I notice the armor works ocasionaly on mine. I angle and all but even t9's dont have to aim for weakspots. Hell even some t8's. That is a problem. Also yes I can 1 vs 1 a ton of tanks but so can the tort. 

the tort has too slow reload to detrack spam many tanks, if they repai track, they will be in cover before you can shoot again, also 1x dmg and no detrack means they can drive away

an At15 can even perma track 2 tanks at the same time of needed (especially if they dont have much repair skill, or long repair times)

ps: and At15 has thougher armor as tort, on a lower tier, GG WG....

the tort has too slow reload to detrack spam many tanks, if they repai track, they will be in cover before you can shoot again, also 1x dmg and no detrack means they can drive away

an At15 can even perma track 2 tanks at the same time of needed (especially if they dont have much repair skill, or long repair times)

ps: and At15 has thougher armor as tort, on a lower tier, GG WG....

How often are you in a situation where the enemy goes out the wrong way and you can permatrack him? 

As for armor, I only played tort on test but at least I know not to try to rely on it. In the at15 whenever I try I'm a sad panda.