llVIU

What's it like to stream?

Main reason why I'd never try to be popular in wot, is because once your name is out there... people will make you their priority target, even if they're fans... look at jingles. And I already rip my hair out of my head over the bad teams and spg...

But I'm curious, what's it like to stream on twich? how do those guys on the front page of wot labs get their links featured on the left side? If I'd start streaming, where should I post link... and would anyone even watch it? I mean, how hard/easy is it to get viewers? I have absolutely no idea... not even for youtube. I got 3k wn8 recent and play only t10 (I got 36 t10s), so I guess I could make some useful commentary while playing... I led a clan for 2 years, 4k tc/cw battles, so I'm very used to talking and playing at the same time...

What do you think?

The ones that have links on the left side are sponsored streamers, usually popular streams and good players that do a good job of helping the community. It also helps to be well established/well known within a community. But if enough people watch/like your stream, they'll come back. 

It's pretty interesting to say the least. I stream for fun with Major_rampage and occasionally with our very own Solono. You definitely get performance anxiety while playing because you have people watching you who are expecting you to wreck shit. I find it really fun to have people watch all the awesome(and lame) things that happen while I play. One thing to get viewers is to first get your name out there as well as getting more popular people(players) into your stream to play with you and to have them blast your name out on social media to gain a following. Commentary doesn't always have to be useful, just interesting or witty. Take it from me, neither me, rampage, nor Solono talk about how are strategy is, but we still have people who regularly join the stream. People definitely tend to flock to streams if you have better stats, but it isn't a necessity although it does help.

Things to remember:

Having a schedule helps, people like consistency

Blast yourself on social media, tag world of tanks on things like twitter

Invite more popular players to possibly get them on there with their followers

Stats help(you got that down)

Commentary doesn't have to be about the game, just interesting

Having a co-host help with keeping up chit chat is also good.

so does the enemy focus fire more often on you since you're more well known, or less, because they don't wanna piss you off and stop streaming?

They focus fire because they want to be the one that killed you :P. They tend to be happier when they are the ones who shot you down. Especially while you stream.

They focus fire because they want to be the one that killed you :P. They tend to be happier when they are the ones who shot you down. Especially while you stream.

Well thanks for the replies, but even the slight possibility of having that, drops the chance of me streaming to a clear 0. I already have plenty of people trying to suicide just to get one shot at me... and tired of having all 3 spg hit me with bot accuracy while going at full speed :\ Not worth it at all... if I want people following me, I'd rather be a clan leader again

Streaming makes me love games I play even more.

Even when I play WoT on stream and get trolls who come and flame me for my terribleness, it's nice to have people to talk to while you play.

I have trouble finding games I enjoy because I'm picky. When I stream a game I do like, people come in who also like that game or are interested in it, and we can have good discussions about it.

I see.

Well maybe it isn't so bad about the focus fire thingy, I mean almost everyone already tries to suicide to kill me and spg always focuses fire on me, so how much worse can it get... I tried some of the twich programs to stream but they either just don't work for me like evolve (it simply doesn't start) or doesn't support windows xp

any suggestions?

I see.

Well maybe it isn't so bad about the focus fire thingy, I mean almost everyone already tries to suicide to kill me and spg always focuses fire on me, so how much worse can it get... I tried some of the twich programs to stream but they either just don't work for me like evolve (it simply doesn't start) or doesn't support windows xp

any suggestions?

Don't use windows xp. It's really old. REALLY old. Windows 7 is generally seen as the best.

Streaming is for camwhores and tryhard pedants

And, apparently, for people that can look away at a basically constant stream of....I don't know what to call the chatter. I was watching Sela yesterday...I always learn or reinforce something about tanks....and the chatter gives the word "sophomoric" a positive spin.

Too old to appreciate, I guess.

Main reason why I'd never try to be popular in wot, is because once your name is out there... people will make you their priority target, even if they're fans... look at jingles. 

Money he earns somehow eases suffering from focus fire.

If I'd start streaming, where should I post link... and would anyone even watch it? I mean, how hard/easy is it to get viewers? 

You can post your link on dedicated section on EU forum.

Some people watch streams for its entertainment value, some watch to learn - so you had to be either good or entertaining (or both). 

Attracting audience takes time, you should be prepared to stream for some time before you get stable base of supporters.

so does the enemy focus fire more often on you since you're more well known, or less, because they don't wanna piss you off and stop streaming?

99,9% players have no idea who are you, or Jingles for that matter.

I tried some of the twich programs to stream but they either just don't work for me like evolve (it simply doesn't start) or doesn't support windows xp

any suggestions?

Have you tried OBS or WarGaming stream tool?