Ham_

Straight Outta Supertest: T-54 “First Prototype”

Well the t-34-3 still had regular mm in the super test, and didn't get limited till the test server was up...

but WG`s policy towards to new prems seems to have changed Panther II also has normal mm, same Fv42 has so far normal mm (it does look shit mobility wise for normal mm though) and that CDC also seems to get normal mm (it seems ``too OP`` for spmm, unless there is something terrible about the tank we dont know yet ^^ )

I know my opinion on this subject is very unpopular, but this tank [and the STA-2, Hitler Panther, etc] NOT getting pref-MM is probably the result of these tanks being able to self-fund their own spremmo usage [and WG not being willing to retroactively apply this same logic to premium that people already bought]. 175 standard pen doesn't matter all that much when the tank can, in fact, have 235 standard pen and still not lose money.

Whether or not this logic is stupid is a different question, but it explains why this, the STA-2, and the Panther 88 don't have/aren't getting pref-MM, the Panzer II ausf D didn't get pref-MM, but the StuG IV is getting pref-MM [because it doesn't have premium credit earning].

T-54 proto is out on Tank Inspector (download new version to prevent crashing) fyi.

All the stats and all.

But dang... 2.5 second aimtime with double the dispersion of the T-54 light and 7.7 second reload to boot... welp.

and 42 km/h top speed. Russian SPershing anyone?

Screenshot:

hms3Lly.png

I have a really dumb suggestion. If T-44-85 didn't work, what about T-44-100, with LB-1 or D10T gun? Make it slower for tier 7, little bit worse terrain resistance, lower ROF?

After all, the T-44 had major problems fielding 100mms at first, right?

I have a really dumb suggestion. If T-44-85 didn't work, what about T-44-100, with LB-1 or D10T gun? Make it slower for tier 7, little bit worse terrain resistance, lower ROF?

After all, the T-44 had major problems fielding 100mms at first, right?

No point to it. People don't like carbon-copies of the same tank.

I'd rather see a unique T-34/100 than a shittier premium T-44. Besides, after a new turret got developed it never had issues with mounting a 100mm (hell even a 122mm managed to work, but possessed a reload too slow for a medium)

Seems really meh. Armor is great but of course won't scale for shit in higher tier battles. In the meantime it's a T-44 with worse mobility, gun stats, and little things like view range and depression. So you're losing your ability to be useful against higher tiers in exchange for easy mode against lower tiers thanks to superior armor. Woo. Looks like it's weighted like a heavy too, of course.

Seems really meh. Armor is great but of course won't scale for shit in higher tier battles. In the meantime it's a T-44 with worse mobility, gun stats, and little things like view range and depression. So you're losing your ability to be useful against higher tiers in exchange for easy mode against lower tiers thanks to superior armor. Woo. Looks like it's weighted like a heavy too, of course.

IIRC the T-44, Centurion I and Panther II are the only tier 8's that aren't weighted like heavies.

Even the armor leaves something to be desired. There are more than just visual differences to the T-54 hull we have in-game. The LFP is far less angled and is a weakspot other tier 8 tanks can easily pen. On the normal T-54 it's better angled than the upper plate.

Played it on test. Utter shaite. And I say that with much sadness, because I was really hoping for something decent to make up for Type 59 no longer being available. But just no ... It was so sluggish, it moved like a heavy when climbing hill on Malinovka, so slow, bleeds speed when turning, just frustrating to drive. Terrible gun. No pref MM. It was just bad, sadly.

Meh... WG seems to have a thing for turning current tanks into prems with hardly anything but a name change :/

Which is funny, because it's not like they're recycling models/materials wholesale and saving much time or money by doing so.

I think they just have a hardon for certain tanks.