So I am trying to get some new clothes.  I need two basic types -- clothes that I can wear to the gym or mowing my lawn, but not so trashy that I mind myself featured on peopleofwalmart.com.  I'm thinking basic gym shorts + a tshirt, right?  Second, I need some semi casual clothes.  Good enough for casual social situations or perhaps going to work on a dress down day.  I'm thinking something like khakis + a colored button down shirt or nice jeans + a sweater or something.  I assume this will be easy to find.

But no.

Men's fashion comes in two flavors.  First, you can dress like a middle class white teenager trying to look hood.  You've all seen the effect, featured prominently in all "sports" fashion stores and american eagle.  It looks like shit.  Why anyone would deliberately make themselves look sloppier and dumber than they already are is beyond me.  Second, you get this:

burberry-mens-fashion-show2.jpg

DID YOU mr sexiis JUST RAID YOUR MOM'S OLD CLOTHES AND SAY FUCK IT?

26_mens_non_no_april_2009_003-rendition-

OH, THE ASIAN NERD IN MISMATCHED, BADLY FITTING CAST OFFS LOOK -- A TIME HONORED FAVORITE FOR THE CLASSY MAN.

Pitti-Uomo-3-piece-look-mens-fashion-201

ARE YOU SHITTING ME?  THIS DUDE IS A LIVING PARODY.  NOTHING QUITE SCREAMS COUNTERCULTURE LIKE COPYING THE CULTURE TRYING TO LOOK LIKE A RETARDED HOBO.

No.  Just No.

First, I aspire to have sex again.  That rules out 99% of the shit I see in men's fashion magazines and sites.  Second, I am not a hipster, a teenage hood rat, or a homeless male prostitute.  I am a grown man, not a kid.  I am middle/upper class, not trash.  I want to dress accordingly.  Third, and I really shouldn't have to say this, but I won't wear a fursuit, anything influenced by japan in any form, or anything that comes new and tries to look trashy, worn out, or ghetto.  And that's easier said than done.

So given that wotlabs is the gayest place I've ever been to, I figured most of you would have good fashion sense.  Can anyone help me?  It doesn't have to be great, I just don't want to look like a hobo.

First, I aspire to have sex again.  

So given that wotlabs is the gayest place I've ever been to, I figured most of you would have good fashion sense.  Can anyone help me?  It doesn't have to be great, I just don't want to look like a hobo.

Garbad likes gay sex confirmed.

Ask a purple poaster, my ass.

On topic, from personal experience. A simple suit still does wonders.

Else just basic casual: dark jeans and shirt, blue or grey sweater over it depending on the weather.

But still, both in DC as well as here, chicks dig suits, where, of course, in the course of the evening, you get more casual. No tie, top buttons loose, a bit wrinkled. It's the nonchalant chique that does it.

If you've got sisters, (or female friends who come close enough to fit the bill) get their input. 

- business casual/work = suit pants, collared shirts. Get a couple nice ones that you dry clean. Iron the rest.

- gym/etc - really, are you trolling? whatever the fuck fits. Probably don't want assless leather chaps on this one, but hey man, whatever makes you happy.

- going out - somewhere between the first two. hygiene and confidence are what your concern is.

So I am trying to get some new clothes.  

First, I aspire to have sex again....

What, you're all out of rohypnol? 

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/153634-waywt-destroyed-my-life-2014/page-167

It's like wotlabs but for streetwear(lots of different styles acually but this describes the majority), but with a much higher barrier for acceptance (more bully popcorn). If your fit is shit it will show. I wish I could dress like some of the guys on this board but I barely even have blue wn8 recent wardrobe right now. 

If you're older and actually have legitimate office job, or just like the preppier side to things there is always. http://www.styleforum.net/ but I have literally no clue where all the good content on this site is, normally the waywt threads are filled with shit

Lastly there is http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/ possibly the lowest barrier to entry but lots of not great fits, stick to the top rated stuff and you should be fine.

Question is you can play tanks like a Super Uni but do you dress like one?  

and as always

1366243414653.jpg

Semi-casual is very dependent on what you actually consider semi-casual..

Is that button-ups or T-shirts to you?

My opinion is probably worthless to you since my trip to MURICA this year is the only real experience I have of US fashion, and the main conclusion was that Murica dresses uglier than Yurop, or well, at least Sweden. Cargo shorts and two sizes too large T-shirts ain't really my thing, though I am only 19 years old.

Do I dare ask what your body type is? It'll ease things a little for me to picture since you don't seem to have a picture of yourself, well, anywhere.

However, I'd go with pretty plain shirts, preferably in cotton to get the "not to dressed up" feel, also would be worth putting some money into so it'll fit good. This should be buyable in any shop that sells everyday suits.

I've also always been a fan of the GANT sweaters, or similar, it's a perfect fit for the upper class look. Then I'd go with chinos (with the colour of your choosing), they look better than jeans and'll be usable in more contexts, get some with stretch in them to make them shape nicely and it'll be comfier. 

For shoes it's not very difficult, the Chelsea Boots are by far the best shoes to be used as an all-rounder. Otherwise, suit shoes'll work as well.

Then there's what Miros and Deus said.

I'm waiting for Rexxie to be all stereotype now...

Lotsa button downs, nice jeans and dress shoes.

I've been wearing nothing but button downs, PacSun jeans and brown dress shoes(replaced once ever ~1 year or so) for like a solid 3 years. No complaints, and it looks fine as long as you don't act like you don't know if wearing what you are is okay.

Brown dress shoes + jeans is love and life. <3

Or just wear a goddamn tee shirt because honestly who the fuck cares.

First, I aspire to have sex again.  That rules out 99% of the shit I see in men's fashion magazines and sites.  Second, I am not a hipster, a teenage hood rat, or a homeless male prostitute.  I am a grown man, not a kid.  I am middle/upper class, not trash.  I want to dress accordingly.  Third, and I really shouldn't have to say this, but I won't wear a fursuit, anything influenced by japan in any form, or anything that comes new and tries to look trashy, worn out, or ghetto.  And that's easier said than done.

If you are looking for a one-night stand:

1. Wear anything that is clean and a little fancier than a t-shirt (a sweater or a shirt does the trick);
  2. Get in a bar, spot a girl you like, go up to her and ask her "I'm sorry to disturb you, but you are quite good looking and you caught my attention, could I buy you something to drink?".
  3. Worst case scenario, she says no and she is flattered by the compliment, return to step 2. Otherwise, buy her the drink and talk your way into whatever you can.

If you want something regular:

1. Talk to a few of your girl friends, you'd be surprised how many of them are looking for casual stuff with a trust-able guy or have friends looking into that.
  2. Wear anything you want, as the girl you'll meet already knows that you won't need your clothes for long.

Both ways work, you really don't have to put an effort into how you look if you have the right attitude and you are respectable to them. And I am saying this as a very average looking guy, with glasses, I'm skinny (but in shape), and I'm not very tall (5 foot 8 inches). You don't have to be a top model to seduce a girl, just be friendly to her, make her laugh, but just make sure you don't make the mistake of committing into something, let yourself the space to let her know that she can get in your bed or leave with a smile and a fun night of drinking/chatting.

These are the best advice I can give you. Good luck.

Semi-casual is very dependent on what you actually consider semi-casual..

Is that button-ups or T-shirts to you?

My opinion is probably worthless to you since my trip to MURICA this year is the only real experience I have of US fashion, and the main conclusion was that Murica dresses uglier than Yurop, or well, at least Sweden. Cargo shorts and two sizes too large T-shirts ain't really my thing, though I am only 19 years old.

Do I dare ask what your body type is? It'll ease things a little for me to picture since you don't seem to have a picture of yourself, well, anywhere.

However, I'd go with pretty plain shirts, preferably in cotton to get the "not to dressed up" feel, also would be worth putting some money into so it'll fit good. This should be buyable in any shop that sells everyday suits.

I've also always been a fan of the GANT sweaters, or similar, it's a perfect fit for the upper class look. Then I'd go with chinos (with the colour of your choosing), they look better than jeans and'll be usable in more contexts, get some with stretch in them to make them shape nicely and it'll be comfier.

For shoes it's not very difficult, the Chelsea Boots are by far the best shoes to be used as an all-rounder. Otherwise, suit shoes'll work as well.

Then there's what Miros and Deus said.

I'm waiting for Rexxie to be all stereotype now...

If one thing I noticed, you up north of us dres more "gayer".

P.S. I need post some epic Split fashion later.