Garbad

Men's Fashion

Take notes, fgts.  This is why jackie's mother does not ask why she will never get grandchildren.

A proper suit is never out of fashion.  If you have the means to do so, get something fitted, rather than off the rack.  A proper fit is the difference between "I have a career" and "I have a court date."

At this moment in my closet:

- 2x black suits

- dark grey suit

- medium grey suit

- light grey suit

- tweed grey suit or some such bullshit

- dark brown suit

- light brown almost orange suit

- 2x blue suits

I have plenty of suits, including matching accessories of all kinds.  But I find when I wear a suit to gamestop or the gym or walmart, I get shunned.  On the other hand, if I wear street clothes to those places store security follows me around, and I live in constant fear of getting Trayvoned.  But yes, I have suits.

Levis 517

GOOD leather belt.

GOOD matching shoes. ALWAYS match belt with shoes.

Button-up shirt, roll up the sleeves, wear a nice watch... None of that chunky shit.

Ready for everything.

Throw a jacket over it and tuck the shirt in for chic casual professional look.

Khakis work well, too.

Euros, I spent 2 months working with the Royal Marines, and French Army here, and I have to say, I never want to see shorts that short on a man ever again. Please, stop.

I have plenty of suits, including matching accessories of all kinds.  But I find when I wear a suit to gamestop or the gym or walmart, I get shunned.  On the other hand, if I wear street clothes to those places store security follows me around, and I live in constant fear of getting Trayvoned.  

What is this world coming too?

But if you're upper/middle class, dress like it. Like the guy in my profile pic, but minus the green anime hair

If one thing I noticed, you up north of us dres more "gayer".

P.S. I need post some epic Split fashion later.

Well, we've got colder weather so we certainly dress "more" in general. I think the up-norths kinda act more gay, metrosexuality is almost considered attractive here. But when it comes to dressing, I just think we dress more well, first because the countries are rich, so people can afford shit, then the public fashion becomes more of a premium fashion and hence I think we're more well-dressed.

But I find when I wear a suit to gamestop or the gym or walmart, I get shunned.  On the other hand, if I wear street clothes to those places store security follows me around, and I live in constant fear of getting Trayvoned.  But yes, I have suits.

First problem:  You value the opinions of randoms in gamestop and walmart.  The lion cares not for the opinion of the sheep. 

As for gym attire...  T shirt and shorts, or sweats.  If you say "I try to pick up girls at the gym, but they don't like my clothes", I'll direct you to a hundred "I did 4k damage, but still lost" threads. 

Second problem:  If you were at all serious about the security issue, that likely isn't an attire issue either.  I'll clip my prison ID to a trenchcoat and walk into those places without issue.  Are you shifty?  Nervous?  Delusional? 

A proper suit is never out of fashion.  If you have the means to do so, get something fitted, rather than off the rack.  A proper fit is the difference between "I have a career" and "I have a court date."

I have to agree there is nothing like a tailored suit. And also very few good reasons to wear them other than work. Heck I don't even know why I have more than one. Guess its just because they are more comfortable to wear for 6 hour meetings and I don't like to wear the same clothes for more than one day a week for superficial reasons. Who in his right mind wears suits for stuff other than weddings, anniversaries and so on?

One coloured Shirt & dark Jeans/Chinos (nothing of that partly bleached crap or used look garbage) , shoes don't really matter and whatever you have to wear in addition to get through winter without freezing to death. There are people who would tell you wearing a proper onecoloured (ironed) shirt to Walmart is already overdressed. What exactly happened that you took some random pictures from a fashion magazine for reference? Anyone with next to no common sense could tell you thats not the way to go.

Walking into a place with your mind focussed on something else than your clothing will do more for you than any effort to dress up according to the occasion in regards of getting laid.

Find out what puts your mind at ease while still beeing proper and comfortable to wear. Leave the Hoodie at home and you're fine.

Tucking a Shirt in or closing all buttons is up to you. If you think something looks stupid on you don't do it.

Other than that at least Euro Chicks still like Sarcasm and negative compliments, so you should be fine if you look half decent and have done this before. Probably try to drink less than the chick. That will give you the opportunity to watch out for her which will be very much appreciated if you successfully convinced her that you should rather behave like a jerk in this situaton. If you can talk half as sassy IRL - you're fine Garbad.

Euros, I spent 2 months working with the Royal Marines, and French Army here, and I have to say, I never want to see shorts that short on a man ever again. Please, stop.

When my buddy was deployed to Afghanistan, he said the same thing.

Hairy northern European men and Daisy Duke's don't mix.

...uh, do you have some sort of issues that restricts you from going to Dick's or Macy's?

I honestly don't see how we need to provide you with suggestions when it is so much easier for you to just go out somewhere and take a look for yourself!

...uh, do you have some sort of issues that restricts you from going to Dick's or Macy's?

I honestly don't see how we need to provide you with suggestions when it is so much easier for you to just go out somewhere and take a look for yourself!

What happened to Men's Warehouse? I haven't heard anything bad about them when it comes to formal wear.

Mark's Warehouse is nice, depending on what you're looking at. I like wearing khakis, usually black. Black socks to match. I like (depending on where you're going and who you're going to see) black shoes, whether proper dress shoes or just running shoes with a splash of colour, button down shirts that look with sleeves rolled up in the summer or look good covering your entire arm during the colder months. Plaid normally for the shirt. Always a collar as well. 

Mark's Warehouse is nice, depending on what you're looking at. I like wearing khakis, usually black. Black socks to match. I like (depending on where you're going and who you're going to see) black shoes, whether proper dress shoes or just running shoes with a splash of colour, button down shirts that look with sleeves rolled up in the summer or look good covering your entire arm during the colder months. Plaid normally for the shirt. Always a collar as well.

Aren't all months in a Canada considered colder months? Do you guys really have temperatures over 20 degrees?

Aren't all months in a Canada considered colder months? Do you guys really have temperatures over 20 degrees?

20 degrees??!! Isnt that the average summer tempurature, in like, tunisia??!!

20 degrees??!! Isnt that the average summer tempurature, in like, tunisia??!!

Where's Tunisia?

I'm personally not a fan of the black sweater - grey trousers combo but i'ts definitely a nice outfit. You could also get that same sweater, light grey, and top it off with a simple white shirt, blue jeans and the same shoes you suggested for a slightly more casual and colourful outfit.

Sleevless sweaters also can be used to make a half casual look, but they do require a tie or you look like a waiter :P

Generally for something casual but not too much you want a shirt, something to cover it, clean cut trousers (they can be jeans too, but not too riddled with pockets/rivets/buttons/other random shit) and a nice pair of shoes. Mocassini will instantly turn you into "that guy" so nowadays they're basically a no-go unless you're exceptionally suited to them. You could also get a jacket to use with the shirt and jeans...

Most important thing for you muricans (and generally non italians :P): put some goddamned colour on you! Even very mild tones can change how you look a lot (in a positive way). Basic matching patterns should be alright - although you could use contrasting colours, but very carefully... Avoid ton-sur-ton like hell (that means, one piece of dress of one colour over another of a just slightly different colour - either totally matching/different or gtfo).

A suit looks too formal for what you had in mind amirite? Proper jackets though are a thing even for casual outfits, just don't go for something that's fully formal or you risk looking like somebody who lost his way :)

Good pair of Levis and a T-shirt. 

Get you some boots and you're good to go in 99.9% of situations. 

Also...

Fedoras are for what cool people wear. 

http://youtu.be/JUVOgPzXm7g 

I'm personally not a fan of the black sweater - grey trousers combo but i'ts definitely a nice outfit. You could also get that same sweater, light grey, and top it off with a simple white shirt, blue jeans and the same shoes you suggested for a slightly more casual and colourful outfit.

Sleevless sweaters also can be used to make a half casual look, but they do require a tie or you look like a waiter :P

Generally for something casual but not too much you want a shirt, something to cover it, clean cut trousers (they can be jeans too, but not too riddled with pockets/rivets/buttons/other random shit) and a nice pair of shoes. Mocassini will instantly turn you into "that guy" so nowadays they're basically a no-go unless you're exceptionally suited to them. You could also get a jacket to use with the shirt and jeans...

Most important thing for you muricans (and generally non italians :P): put some goddamned colour on you! Even very mild tones can change how you look a lot (in a positive way). Basic matching patterns should be alright - although you could use contrasting colours, but very carefully... Avoid ton-sur-ton like hell (that means, one piece of dress of one colour over another of a just slightly different colour - either totally matching/different or gtfo).

A suit looks too formal for what you had in mind amirite? Proper jackets though are a thing even for casual outfits, just don't go for something that's fully formal or you risk looking like somebody who lost his way :)

I actually don't know how old garbad is so I assumed he's in the mid 30s of which black is a *safe* choice. But yes I would personally take a light blue sweater with it. A nice denim workshirt would work very well with grey khakis too.

In the winter months I tend to prefer muted tones. The shit I wear in the summer though

And yes get a nice dark leather jacket. Goes with everything

I actually don't know how old garbad is so I assumed he's in the mid 30s of which black is a *safe* choice. But yes I would personally take a light blue sweater with it. A nice denim workshirt would work very well with grey khakis too.

And yes get a nice dark leather jacket. Goes with everything

Rite, that's one thing too.

The leather jacket. The "get" of dresscodes :P

Still a bit of colour even in winter is good - the way i see it, usually anglo-americans tend to stick to black/grey/very dark colours in winter and then get out with the most random things on in spring/summer, while it would be cooler to have a bit of colour on even in winter - i mean, it's grey outside already, you might as well stand out :) I was loocking at the site you linked and in fact all those models had the trusty trinity of go-with-whatever muted tones of red, blue and khaki. 

Some light even in winter dresses is a must if you don't want to look like a blur on the background...

Uniqlo has everything you need. Everlane is good stuff as well. If you're looking to spend a little more, Epaulet is insanely good quality for the price.

And I saw someone recommend SuFu. I'd say Styleforums streetwear-section is way less circlejerky and more helpful compared to that site. http://www.styleforum.net/f/13/streetwear-and-denim