S0UP0RHER0

T32 Vs. Pershing

I prefer Tier 8 tanks, I have 48k xp on the E2 and have to make a decision soon on which path to take.

Primarily a Russian Tech Tree player, I have tanks such as the Object 416, IS3 with very little gun depression , so I choose to go down the American line and pick up one or two tanks down that line, my first is the T69, which I just got and love but now I'm having a hard time choosing which to pick.

I also am slightly upset I didn't take part in purchasing the Fury as it was a tier 6 med tank for crew xp training, leaving the Super Pershing and ram II; 

Which line do you suggest; please tell me a little about you're playstyle and how you can relate it to the tank.

Also if you can please tell me what you think about the Tier 10s; M48 Patton and T110E5

Thank you & good luck tanking O7

Why not both? They are both very good with only one sub-par tank in either line (M103, M48).

If you do decide to go down the heavy line first make sure the T29 at least has the 90mm.

Through the Jumbo? Bit mweh for both lines if you ask me.

T1 Heavy was great. M6 okay. T29 epic. T32 less than epic but still great.

T20 caused me some brain ache so did the pershing at first but it's coming around now. Mediums vs heavies but I am a heavy player.

If i had to pick one line I would go heavy. But you need that 9th on the T29.

Also you have a medium crew...

get the m60 in next cw :^)

inb4 t95e6 (upcoming tx reward) comes out next campaign

also, can grind out a t95e2 (t8 reward)

btw link your stats, makes it easier for people to help you

I actually ground out both :) The M26 when I was starting out in the game (RIP stats) and the T32 when I dabbled a bit in T8 tourneys. They're actually quite similar but the subtle differences between the tank drastically changes the flavor. The T32 is the better get-in-your face hull-down tank because the entire turret is strong and the alpha is better. The M26 is better at flexing because it has workable speed and camo. Plus, if you gold spam, the APCR round ensures that you almost always pen anything you aim your gun at with no trouble at all. Both have their place and I heartily encourage you to grind both tanks. I kept the T32 and put the crew of my pershing on the M47 (but considering going back and salvage my stats) 

M103 is far from being sub-par.

Every tank in heavy line is good and doesn't need gold-spam to help it along (M46 and Pershing suffer from this).

Meanwhile, the M48 sucks.

I don't spam gold in my M26... Why do you need gold spam? Occasional round to fire but nothing more.

I don't spam gold in my M26... Why do you need gold spam? Occasional round to fire but nothing more.

All advice by better players than me says spam good. Peek, shoot, don't aim, use terrain as armor, use view range and gun depression.

The don't aim part is where easy pen comes in.

I am leaning toward the T32 first, As I am a primary Russian tech tree based player, I want to play with some hull down fun :)

ALSO: How do you set up tanker stats below your picture name.

Both, especially if you do team battles. There's been a trend toward heavier team comps this season and the t32's gun performs exceptionally well when the thing is top tier.

The Pershing's view range is obscene and its gun has ridiculously good handling. Gold isn't required all the time, but its gold pen is nuts.

I'd like to reiterate that you need to go through the T1 Heavy/M6 if you're not going to free XP the gun(s) on the T29. The 76mm is just embarrassing.

This is the reason why it is highly recommended you grind both lines at the same time. Many modules in the low-mid tier American Heavy and Medium line are shared (engines and most importantly the guns)

I am leaning toward the T32 first, As I am a primary Russian tech tree based player, I want to play with some hull down fun :)

ALSO: How do you set up tanker stats below your picture name.

talk to a mod if you still cant find it, but i think it is under verify account or something like that.

Both lines are very good. I personally can not stand the T32 but love the Pershing. Also, do the medium line first, unlock the 90mm on the T20, where it will be easier to do so thanks to the mobility of it. Then get the T29. As others have said, do you want a tabk that can do almost anything you want it too, or a good in your face brawler.

I just would like a tank with good gun depression lol, how is the pershings turret when it comes to hulling down?

This has already been answered before in the thread. Turret cheeks and commander's cupola are quite meh. The gigantic mantlet that dominates most of the turret face however will eat up and block all but tier IX-X TDs and APCR rounds. If you know how to snap shot (which you can do with with the good soft stats the Pershing has + the godly APCR round) and minimize your turret's exposure, you'll be reducing the odds of your enemies chance of aiming and shooting the weak parts of your turret.

I just would like a tank with good gun depression lol, how is the pershings turret when it comes to hulling down?

The edges of the mantlet are around 500 effective. The center of the mantlet and anything outside the mantlet is weak to high pen guns (mantlet center is 210-230 effective). So, the turret is good because of the trollish impenetrable parts and the soft-stats that let you minimize exposure, but you can't just sit and tank hits like a T32.

Here is an article on the Pershing.

http://wotlabs.net/articles/pershing/

Personally, I prefer taking repairs first instead of camo. It has great view range, but no Russian cloaking device.

It's really rather simple.

Typically, American tanks are good all around; a jack of all trades, if you will, however their main point is gun depression & hull down capability. In this category, the T32 has the toughest turret, tier for tier, so obviously the T32 is the best z0at this.

However, the Pershing maintains somewhat of the same reputation, while maintaining a decent rate of mobility. It also maintains a decent rate of fire, for what it's worth.

So its a trade off; serious turret armor or mobility. It depends almost entirely your play style.