Constie

Panther mit 8,8cm L/71: Price Reduction (and compensation in gold)

They realised it's a fairly shit vehicle so can't justify selling it like it's the next Type?

From everything I've seen and heard, it's actually a very good prem. Also, the price reduction brings it in line with what the Type cost when it was on sale, so I'm not really understanding your comment here.

Isn´t it somewhat a decent tank? I wanted to buy it but decided against it for the moment.

For all intents and purposes, it's a Panther II without the top engine.  So yeah, good gun but the mobility leaves something to be desired.  Also the lack of pref MM really hurts its viability in the eyes of a lot of people who are spoiled by only ever seeing t8-9 matches in their prems.

For all intents and purposes, it's a Panther II without the top engine.  So yeah, good gun but the mobility leaves something to be desired.  Also the lack of pref MM really hurts its viability in the eyes of a lot of people who are spoiled by only ever seeing t8-9 matches in their prems.

It's actually more mobile than the Panther 2. Slightly lower hp/t (0.08 lower), but much better terrain res. Only it's top speed is legitimately worse than the Panther 2. The only real price it pays is gun depression. It has -5 front, -7 sides. Panther 2 has -8 all around. That said, it has the same gun, but with a higher RoF, better accuracy, and shorter aim time.

Nobody likes being bottom tier, in any tank.

Which is why it's fairly shitty. A nonmobile panther that sees 10s. Cool. 

Or I could buy a slightly worse FCM and not have shit battles. 

Ergo pref costs, shit vehicles with no pref get price reduction.

Popularity numbers on EU seem fine, i see them a lot (i see more Panther 88`s as 112`s or T-34-3) (i guess the lack pf popularity on RU might be a problem)

main problem is however that it looks a lot like FCM, but worse mm, so the new price is mostly to set it apart from FCM

(i guess those other normal mm prems, STa-2, Fv42 will also get a relative low gold price, to compensate the normal mm)

ps: having prems with normal mm is also better for mm overall, too much special mm vehicles might make mm wonky at times of low population

Could just want to make this the next "workhorse prem" that everyone and their mother uses.

that's the T34 atm (at least on EU), doubt they want to replace a 12k gold tank with a 7300 one :D

Come on guys. This thing is in the sale now for how long? One week? To argue with the played battles at that moment is totaly useless in my eyes. If every company would start to flog off the products if the first week of sell isnt a tremendous sucess we would swim in discounts and bankrupt companies.

Acording to FTR it's unpopular 

Another thing also is that according to data from wot-news and Russian forums in general, the Hitlerpanther is the worst sold hightier premium EVER (with very poor sales during first days), 

Come on guys. This thing is in the sale now for how long? One week? To argue with the played battles at that moment is totaly useless in my eyes. If every company would start to flog off the products if the first week of sell isnt a tremendous sucess we would swim in discounts and bankrupt companies.

Immediately after purchase is when per-driver activity will be highest, and initial release is the period in which, barring something drastic like a drop in price or large buff, the most number will be purchased. The fact that it can't even get within shouting distance of the Type 59, a vehicle that hasn't been available for purchase for nearly three years, is meaningful. Hell, it's barely beating the WZ-111, a tank that can be bought for up to $70 (over double the cost).

According to VBAddict data, even the KV-5 and Type 59, vehicles you can no longer buy with any regularity or at all, are more popular.

nCl3R3J.png

vbaddict =//= overall server information

also EU server likes german tanks 10x more as NA server, further devaluating the information

a better sources is wot-news, it has also server stats but for ALL users, not those who upload there own stuff (so it includes all 45% playf4funs aswell)

problem is wotnews is often slowish with updating, so good for trends, but for short term stats

ps: type T59 is more popular past 2 weeks as both T-34-3, FCM and 112 so Panther 88 not beiing more popular as type doesnt mean anything...

The nice thing about limited MM is not the fact that you are never the bottomfeeder. It's the fact that every once in a while many of us like to take a break from games with waffle e-100s, jagdpanzer e-100s, FV-gold and bat arties.