Constie

Panther mit 8,8cm L/71: Price Reduction (and compensation in gold)

vbaddict =//= overall server information

also EU server likes german tanks 10x more as NA server, further devaluating the information

a better sources is wot-news, it has also server stats but for ALL users, not those who upload there own stuff (so it includes all 45% playf4funs aswell)

problem is wotnews is often slowish with updating, so good for trends, but for short term stats

ps: type T59 is more popular past 2 weeks as both T-34-3, FCM and 112 so Panther 88 not beiing more popular as type doesnt mean anything...

Considering the frequency of occurrence value takes into account all vehicles in a match, not just what one person is playing, the fact that VBAddict is a voluntary upload doesn't mean much. One uploader surveys a random sample of 29 other vehicles every time.

According to VBAddict data, even the KV-5 and Type 59, vehicles you can no longer buy with any regularity or at all, are more popular.

nCl3R3J.png

I may not be reading this right, but isn't that table completely useless measuring the popularity of a vehicle that's only been out for a week? I don't see a time period defined anywhere in those parameters.

I don't think it's been long enough to determine its success as a prem tank yet. I think the price reduction is just a sales stimulus move, not a "ZOMG SAVE OUR FAILING TONK!!" move. It brings the price in line with yesteryear's premium mediums, which makes far more sense. The only outlier now is the T-34-3, which from a game play and sales stand point, makes more sense to have a high price than the Panther 8.8, because it's now the only pure medium available with pref MM. Obviously, SuperP is a pocket heavy, type isn't available, and that exhausts the entire list of pref mm mediums.

The T-34-3 didn't really gain popularity until it was buffed, and is now one of the more popular prems from what I see on NA, despite its price. It seems very likely that the high price of the Panther was just to cash in on the early adopters, and now they are gearing sales towards the general population. Keep in mind, the "refund" of the price difference is all in game gold, which costs WG nothing to give you. They keep all the real cash.

The tank is still shit, but I honestly don't mind not having pref MM on the tank.  After Mort directed me to Strana's math and data with regular 8 MM being largely unchanged after battler tier 12 was removed......I'm starting to be a bit more tolerant about the tank.

Now that it is cheaper...........I MIGHT get it......

I love the 8.8. I started this game after the Type was pulled from the store. Its the closest true premium medium I can get. 

Its a great gun, good dpm, good pen, its more mobile than stats say and it makes great credits. Non pref mm might hurt the tank but its still far more viable in T10 than the lowe and T34

I love the 8.8. I started this game after the Type was pulled from the store. Its the closest true premium medium I can get. 

Its a great gun, good dpm, good pen, its more mobile than stats say and it makes great credits. Non pref mm might hurt the tank but its still far more viable in T10 than the lowe and T34

No, the T34 and Lowe actually can perform very well in tier 10, way better than the panther88 IMO.  The T34 packs it's feared 120 with insane alpha, the Lowe with it's awesome accuracy of the gun, combined with relatively good DPM and alpha make it deadly.  And the armor for BOTH the Lowe and T34 allow the tanks to shrug off hits from higher tier opponents more often.  The Panther88 doesn't have armor, it's gun is great, but not better than the Lowe and T34.  This forces it as a sniper tank only while the Lowe and T34 can get into 2nd line/1st line brawling without much trouble.

When it arrives in-game, and gets a 15% discount, I might consider it. I already have the FCM, but having a non-pref tier 8 might be useful when platooning for long stretches of time, and Panther II >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T34 for grinding credits and keeping my sanity.

Does it match up crews 1-to-1 with E-50/E-50M?

No, the T34 and Lowe actually can perform very well in tier 10, way better than the panther88 IMO.  The T34 packs it's feared 120 with insane alpha, the Lowe with it's awesome accuracy of the gun, combined with relatively good DPM and alpha make it deadly.  And the armor for BOTH the Lowe and T34 allow the tanks to shrug off hits from higher tier opponents more often.  The Panther88 doesn't have armor, it's gun is great, but not better than the Lowe and T34.  This forces it as a sniper tank only while the Lowe and T34 can get into 2nd line/1st line brawling without much trouble.

T34 and Lowe are actually pretty bad in T10 compared to the 8.8. 

Lowe:

• bad armor, T10 will pen it nearly everywhere
  • horrible dpm and low alpha
  • slow
  • huge target.

T34:

• Bad dpm 
  • terrible traverse
  • bad hull 
  • slow as crap
  • 250+ pen will pen the turret cheeks easily
  • bad aim time

They are great money makes but when fighting T10s head on they will fail miserably. The 8.8 is at least flexible and can deal damage at a good rate and can be sniper or front line. 

When it arrives in-game, and gets a 15% discount, I might consider it. I already have the FCM, but having a non-pref tier 8 might be useful when platooning for long stretches of time, and Panther II >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T34 for grinding credits and keeping my sanity.

Does it match up crews 1-to-1 with E-50/E-50M?

Yep I got my E50m in mine.

Shifty, how much gold would it take you get rid of that damned wizard?  I admire the trollishness, but I am sick to death of it.

Well..............I'm definitely not opposed to getting the panther88..........soooooooooooooooo yeah *hint hint* *wink wink*

:D

Well..............I'm definitely not opposed to getting the panther88..........soooooooooooooooo yeah *hint hint* *wink wink*

:D

If they get it down to under $20.00 I will consider it.   How about a Type 64 or a Tog?  Ha.

pls no bulli

Lol ok ok since I am not THAT harsh, but I don't want to part with my wizard..........I can part with him for an m10 panther :) and he'll never return............ever

As an avatar.

Make it a sig.

pls no bulli

Lol ok ok since I am not THAT harsh, but I don't want to part with my wizard..........I can part with him for an m10 panther :) and he'll never return............ever

I'll get you a Panther 8.8 to keep the avatar. 

Who else hates that damned wizard?  Honestly,  If there were three of those on here I would never read this forum

Don't really mind to be honest...

I like where this thread is going though :-)

pls no bulli

And what assurances do I have that the NEXT one will not be just as irritating?   I need to draft a contract!

harry__s_magical_spank_dance_by_zani_alovoldemort__s_magicalspankdance_by_zani_a

Okay, THAT made me laugh.

I'll get you a Panther 8.8 to keep the avatar. 

I will not enter a bidding war.  For some reason your chicken/fish/cigarette image does not bother me.  Ha.