edger2020

How to setup stream channel

[From EU forum]

I noticed that majority of new streamers have problems with setting how their channel looks. So I make this little tutorial how to enhance your stream.

1) Title

The most important part of your stream channel is title. When people browse twitch, that is first thing they will notice.
How should title look? Start with language of your stream than add some info whats stream about.

Example:
[ENG/GER] Xensation ~3000 WN8 || Pershing grind || 1080p@60 fps HD

Pro tip: placing language of your stream at beginning of your title (and not at the end) is very important because many people search for streams that are speaking language which they can understand.

2) Add panels

• Info/About: Say something about yourself - name, age, where do you live, music you like, etc
  • PC Specs: some people may ask what rig is needed for that awesome graphics
  • Mods: people will ask you often what mods do you use, list em here and add links for download
  • Favorite tanks: your favorite tanks
  • Chat rules: how strict/relaxed your stream will be. Bear in mind that even if you don't wanna any rules, twitch forbids racist/mature links so that stuff may get you banned - you need to point that out
  • Schedule: write times when do you stream - its very important because people will know when to come
  • Donate: your donate(PayPal) button
  • Social links: If you have YouTube channel, Facebook or Twitter link it here
  • Misc: anything you think your audience should know

3) Media

Do I need mic/cam?
Mic is a must in current meta - even cheap 2€ will do, camera is optional, but streamers with cam attract more viewers.
Communication with your audience is important, if they can only see you play than your stream does not differ from watching a replay.

Should I play music?
Having music in background is good, but if you plan to save past broadcast twitch will mute it if you played proprietary songs.

4) Avatar:

Choose some nice graphics from the net for your avatar (or make your own). If you are forum personality use same one as in forum so people can recognize you. You can also use a selfie.

I hope this will help you become more successful streamer, and I wish you all Happy New Year!

There are so many semi popular streamers out there whose stream quality is so abysmal that it makes me wonder how they have any viewers to begin with. Crappy mic, volume levels all over the place, loud shitty music, pitch black room with webcam, etc, etc. How to get more viewers 101 shouldn't be rocket science. So many little things go unnoticed in good quality streams, but when those things are missing it's very noticeable.

Before adding webcam you should first weigh the very real possibility of your face driving potential viewers away.

There are so many semi popular streamers out there whose stream quality is so abysmal that it makes me wonder how they have any viewers to begin with. Crappy mic, volume levels all over the place, loud shitty music, pitch black room with webcam, etc, etc. How to get more viewers 101 shouldn't be rocket science. So many little things go unnoticed in good quality streams, but when those things are missing it's very noticeable.

Before adding webcam you should first weigh the very real possibility of your face driving potential viewers away.

I have a 50/10 Mbit bandwidth, but I'm forced to stream with 1Mbps because what I assume is distance between me and the closest server, which is Stockholm.

Going past 1Mbps, only causes buffering problems for viewers.

Such is life living north of the Arctic Circle.

Edger do you strim perhaps? Kreygasm

Cardboard PC and ghetto interwebz

Gud guide tho.

Fenks.

There are so many semi popular streamers out there whose stream quality is so abysmal that it makes me wonder how they have any viewers to begin with. Crappy mic, volume levels all over the place, loud shitty music, pitch black room with webcam, etc, etc. 

Well, there are a lot of different things what makes stream popular - for example some people come only for chat .

How to get more viewers 101 shouldn't be rocket science. 

It is for people who never engaged in content creation (those who are making first baby steps).

So many little things go unnoticed in good quality streams, but when those things are missing it's very noticeable.

That is so true, all those little things sum and make big difference between quality stream and bad/average one.

I have a 50/10 Mbit bandwidth, but I'm forced to stream with 1Mbps because what I assume is distance between me and the closest server, which is Stockholm.

Going past 1Mbps, only causes buffering problems for viewers.

Twitch limits bandwidth of all new users.

But I don't think he was addressing video quality(because there is nothing one can do about it) but all those things that depend on person who is streaming.

I started getting into streaming, but unfortunately it makes my frame rates drop from the mid 50's to the low 20's.  I've tried playing around with settings in my stream software, but perhaps my rig is just too shit to stream.  Trying to play while skipping frames doesn't exactly result in the riveting gameplay people want to tune in to see.

I've used OBS, XSplit and the built-in WGStream mod with similar results.

I started getting into streaming, but unfortunately it makes my frame rates drop from the mid 50's to the low 20's.  I've tried playing around with settings in my stream software, but perhaps my rig is just too shit to stream.  Trying to play while skipping frames doesn't exactly result in the riveting gameplay people want to tune in to see.

I've used OBS, XSplit and the built-in WGStream mod with similar results.

And then you wore the bunny ears and stole my heart ;)