Jump to content
Orrie

XVM Config Support and Stuff - All mods with a config welcomed!

Recommended Posts

Just a heads up, the [XVM] minimap is undergoing some extensive rework for the next patch. SOME configs may get away with no changes at all but if I find anything I will let you all know and how to fix it all :)

 

Edited by It's_Matra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! I hope someone can actually help me with this. So, in markersAliveNormal.xc file I'd like to do something like:

vehicleIcon": {

"shadow": {

"color": "{{c:wn8}}"

}

}

The problem is that it's not changing the shadow color, it remains the default black. Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

    "vehicleIcon": {
      "visible": true,
      "showSpeaker": false,
      "x": 0,
      "y": -16,
      "alpha": 100,
      "color": null,
      "maxScale": 100,
      "scaleX": 0,
      "scaleY": 16,
      "shadow": {
        "alpha": 100,
        "color": "{{c:wn8}}",
        "angle": 45,
        "distance": 0,
        "size": 6,
        "strength": 200
      }

 

The above SHOULD work providing you have no other syntax errors in your code and have a section in your colors.xc file defined as "wn8".

If it doesn't work then try replacing the null, on the colour for the icon with "{{c:wn8}}", - if the icon changes colour then maybe shadows don't like macros... can't see any reason why they wouldn't but I haven't looked into the source code regarding this either... all the documentation suggests that it should work as you put it - providing there are no errors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no syntax errors and while waiting for a reply I opted to use macro on the icon itself. The shadow just doesn't want to change it's colour. Probably as you said, it doesn't support macros but strangely the "tankName" element does support it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using other players configs for a while and haven't made my own XVM config in quite a few months.  I've run into an issue and I'm not sure if its related to an XVM change or outdated config files.  Previously my minimap use to show both the tank icon and the player name or the tank name on the minimap at their last known position when a tank was no longer spotted.  For the past 5 or 6 weeks, maybe longer, every config I've tried shows just the tank name and no icon.

 

I went back and tried some old configs from earlier this year and configs from 2014 and I have the same issue.  I also tried the configs from the zip file included with the latest version of XVM and I have the same issue.  Does XVM no longer show an icon for a vehicle that is no longer spotted or has the settings to show the icon of the last known position of a tank on the minimap changed?

 

UPDATE:

I tried yet another config from another mod pack that was updated for 9.12 and it said in the readme that is is suppose to show the icons on the minimap for tanks that are no longer spotted.  They don't show up on my minimap.

 

Is there some file missing from my system?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lowlife555 said:

How to change draw square to draw circle?

Add 

{ "enabled": true, "distance": 564, "scale": 1, "thickness": 0.7, "alpha": 40, "color": "0xCCCCCC" },

to minimapCircles.xc

 

remove

    "square" : { 
      "enabled": true,
      "artilleryEnabled": false,
      "thickness": 0.7,
      "alpha": 80,
      "color": "0xCCCCCC"
    }

from minimap.xc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite telling OMC installer not to reset my session stats (YasenKrasen) on a daily basis, it apparently does. Looked through my mods folder but can't find a config to disable that, any idea where I can find it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, monty50k said:

Despite telling OMC installer not to reset my session stats (YasenKrasen) on a daily basis, it apparently does. Looked through my mods folder but can't find a config to disable that, any idea where I can find it?

Not even remotely XVM related but I'm sure someone here must know where the settings are?

Most likely a JSON or xml file somewhere... most typical place would be in res_mods\0.9.12\scripts\client\mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, my minimap circles aren't being drawn correctly. I'm using the ProTanki mod pack.

The circles will often display the incorrect sections in the wrong location, or it will not show the circles at all.

The screenshot shows a case where the circles appear in the wrong places. Sometimes they will extend much further outside the minimap box.

xvmcircles.jpg.59900344cc0d20802ad49df7c

I have tried:

  • Checking minimap.xc and minimapCircles.xc for mistakes or outdated configs
  • Reinstalling mod packs
  • Using the minimapCircles.xc file from a different mod pack
  • Using the minimap.xc file from a different mod pack
  • Reinstalling World of Tanks
  • Bypassing the minimap.xc file by using the minimap config from a different mod pack directly in the main @xvm.xc file

The only thing that seems to work is replacing the entire xvm config with one from a different pack. If I wanted that as a solution I would just use that pack.

What else could be affecting how the circles are drawn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kutchup said:

Hey all, my minimap circles aren't being drawn correctly. I'm using the ProTanki mod pack.

The circles will often display the incorrect sections in the wrong location, or it will not show the circles at all.

The screenshot shows a case where the circles appear in the wrong places. Sometimes they will extend much further outside the minimap box.

xvmcircles.jpg.59900344cc0d20802ad49df7c

I have tried:

  • Checking minimap.xc and minimapCircles.xc for mistakes or outdated configs
  • Reinstalling mod packs
  • Using the minimapCircles.xc file from a different mod pack
  • Using the minimap.xc file from a different mod pack
  • Reinstalling World of Tanks
  • Bypassing the minimap.xc file by using the minimap config from a different mod pack directly in the main @xvm.xc file

The only thing that seems to work is replacing the entire xvm config with one from a different pack. If I wanted that as a solution I would just use that pack.

What else could be affecting how the circles are drawn?

The version of XVM that you are using has an error, download the latest one from the website but only install the mods folder and 9.12 folder ON TOP OF your existing mod(s)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, It's_Matra said:

The version of XVM that you are using has an error, download the latest one from the website but only install the mods folder and 9.12 folder ON TOP OF your existing mod(s)

I just downloaded XVM 6.1.6.1 from the XVM website and merged the 0.9.12 folder and mods folder, replacing the identical files with the new 6.1.6.1 XVM files.

The problem is still there, only some parts of the minimap display correctly.

Is there anything in the config that could be breaking something?

Thanks for the help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kutchup said:

I just downloaded XVM 6.1.6.1 from the XVM website and merged the 0.9.12 folder and mods folder, replacing the identical files with the new 6.1.6.1 XVM files.

The problem is still there, only some parts of the minimap display correctly.

Is there anything in the config that could be breaking something?

Thanks for the help

If there is a dodgy config then it tends to break everything...

It's possible you may have a third party mod causing an issue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do I need to do to get clan icons and national flags without having stats enabled? I have all that shit enabled in my configs, but they only show up when I enable stats on the xvm website, and I really don't want to have stats. Is there a solution to this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

What do I need to do to get clan icons and national flags without having stats enabled? I have all that shit enabled in my configs, but they only show up when I enable stats on the xvm website, and I really don't want to have stats. Is there a solution to this?

Your configs will be set with a macro that pulls the info from the XVM site. There may be a corresponding macro for the static information. Alternatively you could activate stats and just set your config to not show them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

What do I need to do to get clan icons and national flags without having stats enabled? I have all that shit enabled in my configs, but they only show up when I enable stats on the xvm website, and I really don't want to have stats. Is there a solution to this?

No.

You have to have a connection to the XVM server(s) to retrieve the information you are after, by having said connection it will show you are using XVM stats - even if you do not have the information shown in your config.

Or if you don't mind this then just do as mentioned above and remove the stats information from your config

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now medium and heavy icons are shaded the same color in the player panel. Does anyone know where in the config files this can be adjusted? I looked everywhere and don't see anything that jumps out at me as being the place. Thanks.

shot_007.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...