Orrie

XVM Config Support and Stuff - All mods with a config welcomed!

Oh, and blindarea, what does that mean?

You don't need to worry about blind area as you're not wanting/going to use it

for your XVM marker there are two ways of doing it

- The easy/slightly more complicated way

- the long but still fairly easy way.

I have done it slightly differently to most people, first step is to add a 'define' - call this what you will but I have called it xvmUser, keep it that way if you wish and follow the example exactly. Add the lines shown below in your playersPanel.xc (some lines kept so you can see where they go)

// enemy spotted status marker format.
    // формат маркера статуса засвета.
    "format": "{{spotted}}",
    // shadow (see below).
    // настройки тени (см. ниже).
    "shadow": {}
  },

"xvmUser": { 
	"alpha": 100,
	"x": 6,
	"y": 8,
	"bindToIcon": true,
	"src": "xvm://res/icons/xvm/xvm-user-{{xvm-user|none}}.png",
	"shadow": {} },

// Parameters of the Players Panels ("ears").
  // Параметры панелей игроков ("ушей").

Then look for the following line in the 'extra fields right' options for ALL panels

${"enemySpottedMarker"}

change this to

${"enemySpottedMarker"},
${"xvmUser"}

then you can adjust its position using the x/y values from your define earlier :) (I chose 6 and 8 at random for this example). Doing it this way drastically reduces code size and allows easy editing as you only have to edit one bit rather than four! - you can also change the image used if you really wanted to

Once you have that and ALL of the other bits you want working I will help guide you through the statsForm/battleLoading

EDIT: For others reading this, you can use this method for any element in a custom players panel (for the extra fields). Next version of my modpack for 9.6 has a completely re-written playersPanel compared to previous versions and is tiny (about 4kb [on disk] compared to 20kb [on disk] for the standard/default xvm playersPanel)

Hello guys, can you tell me where exactly is the config file in which i can modify XVM to show WN8 instead of XWN8(the 1-100 scale) and how to set the boundries of each color separately (eg:1350, 2000,2450 --i use my own scale)

Hello guys, can you tell me where exactly is the config file in which i can modify XVM to show WN8 instead of XWN8(the 1-100 scale) and how to set the boundries of each color separately (eg:1350, 2000,2450 --i use my own scale)

colours.xc for the colour scale/values

Look at the colour definitions near the top (bad, good, great etc) and values are set lower down under "wn8"

As for changing XWN8 to WN8 look in playersPanel.xc, statsForm.xc and battleLoading.xc and use the search and replace function in Notepad++ to replace xwn8 with wn8

- job done

Is there any way to use WN8 colors in minimap? I tried to get minimap to show tank labels colored according to players WN8 rating when pushing alt but no success. It only shows labels black. I was editing MinimapLabelsAlt.xc

original:

"css": {

"ally": ".mm_a{font-family:$FieldFont; font-size:8px; color:#C8FFA6;}",

to this:

"css": {
          "ally": ".mm_a{font-family:$FieldFont; font-size:8px; color: {{c:wn8}};}",

(just that one line to test first)

I guess xvm macros don't work with css? 

You could do this in the normal labels section but not in the CSS, remove the color tags from your CSS section and add color tags to the section with your normal labels layout.

colours.xc for the colour scale/values

Look at the colour definitions near the top (bad, good, great etc) and values are set lower down under "wn8"

As for changing XWN8 to WN8 look in playersPanel.xc, statsForm.xc and battleLoading.xc and use the search and replace function in Notepad++ to replace xwn8 with wn8

- job done

Thanks for the help!

P.S: Feeling stupid i didnt know notepad++ had a search function *facepalm*.

Thanks for the help!

P.S: Feeling stupid i didnt know notepad++ had a search function *facepalm*.

Notepad++ has a 'search and replace' function which is very useful to anyone editing any sort of code :)

Any idea how I can get the default platoon icons in the smaller sized team panels? Right now I can only get platoon icons in the largest panel.

Yes use my modpack :P

The game only shows them in the largest panel by default. You can make your own icons and add these to the playerspanel as an image/element if you so wish to. If you want to go down the latter route I will be available to help you :)

Oh ok I get what you mean. I'll pass on the icons then I rarely use the other panels, just wanted to see if it was just an easy config file tweak.

Thanks for the help as always.

New "feature" in v6.0.0+ removes the need to include clan icons with modpacks / configs etc etc, as the top 100 are now loaded from the XVM server, which is updated daily.

A 'feature' which I absolutely HATE.

I completely removed parts of the XVM config responsible for displaying the clan icons, but XVM is like: "The fact that you removed those parts probably means you actually want the icons, here, let me display them!"

Same with the flags. I don't want the flags, I don't have the code for it, but XVM still displayed them. I deleted them and thankfully XVM doesnt download those as well, but XVM still pretends they're there and shifts the player names. XVM, stahp.

I absolutely HATE the displaying of clan icons. I don't want them. I tried to block the IP of the XVM server, but it's still downloading the icons. I don't want the XVM mod to communicate with the server, all outgoing traffic originating from XVM must be blocked. I've tried removing parts of the XVM Python files, but it breaks absolutely everything.

In other words:

I don't want clan icons.

I don't want XVM downloading stuff

I don't want XVM communicating with its server. At all.

I don't want to show up for other XVM players as "Using XVM, but not XVM stats".

Can somebody help me with this? 

Its all apart of the config you're using, specifically playerPanels.xc.

Sadly, I'm out of town, so cant really guide you directly or make a suitable config for your requests.

They don't show up in the player panels, that part of the config works fine. They do, however, appear when loading a battle and when pressing tab.

Afaik that's part of batteLoading.xc. Which my config doesn't have (because I don't need the features it offers), but XVM apparently defaults to a config that does show the icons.

It's actually not so much the problem that it shows the icons, I can probably make an empty battleLoading.xc config and it'll work fine. It's more that it connects to a server, tells the server things about my config and downloads things. I don't want that. I don't want other people seeing I use XVM. For XVM, I should not exist.

I completely removed parts of the XVM config responsible for displaying the clan icons, but XVM is like: "The fact that you removed those parts probably means you actually want the icons, here, let me display them!"

Same with the flags. I don't want the flags, I don't have the code for it, but XVM still displayed them. I deleted them and thankfully XVM doesnt download those as well, but XVM still pretends they're there and shifts the player names. XVM, stahp.

I absolutely HATE the displaying of clan icons. I don't want them. I tried to block the IP of the XVM server, but it's still downloading the icons. I don't want the XVM mod to communicate with the server, all outgoing traffic originating from XVM must be blocked. I've tried removing parts of the XVM Python files, but it breaks absolutely everything.

In other words:

I don't want clan icons.

I don't want to show up for other XVM players as "Using XVM, but not XVM stats".

XVM changed the location of the config files. Make sure you compare with a default install (extract the normal XVM somewhere else on your computer). That's probably the issue.

XVM changed the location of the config files. Make sure you compare with a default install (extract the normal XVM somewhere else on your computer). That's probably the issue.

Well, the rest of my config works perfectly, I've already changed things so my config works with the new setup. I had this problem with the previous XVM versions as well, but simply deleting the icons worked fine. This version downloads and uploads things.

In other words:

I don't want clan icons.

Easy peasy

If you remove the sections relating to clan icons they will still be displayed as per the 'default' settings that are loaded as a redundancy.

Simply set the icons to false rather than true 

If you don't want it communicating at all - don't use XVM. It will communicate and check YOUR settings that YOU set via the xvm website. XVM doesn't download stuf but it does link to online content. This is where you can turn off stats if you wish to - or better yet remove the parts that call stats from the playersPanel statsForm and battleLoading

As for the not wanting to see xvm user, remove that from your config

It sounds to me like you may have a full default config - as in you have a syntax error or something that has forced the redundancy settings. You can usually tell as there is an error message rather than battle tips on the battle loading screen

EDIT: just read that you don't have a battleLoading.xc be sure that this is not called in @xvm.xc or else that will cause issues

Easy peasy

If you remove the sections relating to clan icons they will still be displayed as per the 'default' settings that are loaded as a redundancy.

Simply set the icons to false rather than true 

If you don't want it communicating at all - don't use XVM. It will communicate and check YOUR settings that YOU set via the xvm website. XVM doesn't download stuf but it does link to online content. This is where you can turn off stats if you wish to - or better yet remove the parts that call stats from the playersPanel statsForm and battleLoading

As for the not wanting to see xvm user, remove that from your config

It sounds to me like you may have a full default config - as in you have a syntax error or something that has forced the redundancy settings. You can usually tell as there is an error message rather than battle tips on the battle loading screen

EDIT: just read that you don't have a battleLoading.xc be sure that this is not called in @xvm.xc or else that will cause issues

This is how my config looks ingame:

8PNfYFD.jpg

It's a heavily modified OMC config (I don't think there are original OMC lines left) from a long, long time ago.

I don't think I've ever logged in on the xvm website, and I'm not planning to either. It's not that I'm seeing who is and isn't using XVM, it's that others see me as using XVM. I have removed everything related to stats, it's completely gone, yet XVM still communicates with its server. I didn't ask for that and I didn't give permission for that. Get lost, XVM. Too bad the way its config works is quite handy. 

There are reasons I don't want XVM to communicate with its server, but I'm not going to openly state that on a public forum, for the same reason I don't want XVM talking to its server. PM me if you really want to know why.

It's a heavily modified OMC config (I don't think there are original OMC lines left) from a long, long time ago.

I don't think I've ever logged in on the xvm website, and I'm not planning to either. It's not that I'm seeing who is and isn't using XVM, it's that others see me as using XVM. I have removed everything related to stats, it's completely gone, yet XVM still communicates with its server. I didn't ask for that and I didn't give permission for that. Get lost, XVM. There are reasons I don't want XVM to communicate with its server, but I'm not going to openly state that on a public forum, for the same reason I don't want XVM talking to its server. PM me if you really want to know why.

Too bad the way its config works is quite handy.

If you've never logged in and your token has expired then others will see your xvm status as 'used xvm but not xvm services'

What I'd suggest is actually log in to XVM and turn everything off there too

xvmsettings.png

That way it will report back that you're not using xvm services but will still report that you have it installed.

Failing that - don't use XVM. Use a non xvm dependant health bar mod, damage panel mod, minimap mod (and the ones in game) and that should do the trick too.

I don't know what side effects there would be from changing where XVM connects to (easiest way to get it to not communicate is re-direct it to somewhere else)

I don't even have a token, I dropped the stats part looooong before they introduced the token system.

It's already reporting me as having XVM installed, but not using the stats parts (I asked platoonmates). The fact that it does that, shows that there's *some* sort of communication between a server and XVM. It shouldn't be too difficult to do, if I knew what parts of XVM are responsible for that.

I've blocked a (known) XVM server IP, so *some* parts time-out. If memory serves me right, the update checker times out, but I have to check later today to be sure.