zapyoug

Where does arty aim?

Can someone put together some sort of guide on where arty (your common GWE with 43% win rate to the mighty purple orbital laser cannon) like to aim. ideally for all maps

if this already exists and Im a clueless fool who cant find anything himself have missed it I would love a link

After 14k battles there are still a few maps left that Im not always sure where arty is aiming. Also knowing the favorite places of both baddies and umm... skilled arty players in their conqs would be rather useful as I generally avoid playing arty

please dont hurt me

600ish games in arty and you don't know?

prettymuch <3

about 80% of said games were spent running around and shotgunning people after getting bored missing (I havent played arty in a few thousand games and may have spend much of my arty career as a potato)

I should probally get the new infamous arty aiming mod and pick it up for a bit again

-hypocrisy at its finest

edit: also feel like it would be a useful thing to link to other peoples

I'd say the main chokepoints with minimal cover

e.g mali hill, east or west flank on steppes, west on abbey

its more so on the odd maps

like swamp and tundra

I mean I know on airfield the brawling corners = get shit on

and the 0 line of redshire is a nightmare if you have 2+ arty

its just a few of the maps

I wonder... why havent I been clicked for all my HP yet?

and there are definant varriations where your adverage pubbie aims and your mighty unicum likes to

some of it though I just have down subconsciously I wont drive places, but when in a platoon or something I might end up there because its not something that immediately comes to mind

soo yeah

thats why Im wondering about more of a full list

Well you figure your standard shitlord arty is going to find one spot, normally a standard arty spot, and not move from there. The arty will then aim at a normal choke point and not move its aim.

I aim for high traffic chokepoints, fire an shell at an illegally parked tank, relocate, hit the same guy again who had barely moved to inpound his tank for parking it in a "No Parking Zone." As for where I usually set up, it depends on which way the lemming express is running : less tanks means more damage for me.

I have a fv304 and a sexton crew trainer for it no other arty.  I like to use the mobility of the fv304 to follow behind a push and get places where I can shoot at people who would normally be arty safe from angles they aren't expecting.  I mostly play the arty when I am too drunk to play real tanks..............

I don't seem to understand the question. I don't aim at places per se. I aim where I anticipate red tanks will be spotted based on where our tanks are going. Am I missing something?

Can someone put together some sort of guide on where arty (your common GWE with 43% win rate to the mighty purple orbital laser cannon) like to aim. ideally for all maps

if this already exists and Im a clueless fool who cant find anything himself have missed it I would love a link

After 14k battles there are still a few maps left that Im not always sure where arty is aiming. Also knowing the favorite places of both baddies and umm... skilled arty players in their conqs would be rather useful as I generally avoid playing arty

please dont hurt me

depends on the map.  give me some maps you're interested and I'll put together some maptactics.

Arty is everywhere. It can hit you in the weirdest most unexpected places at any time. You can be safe in a spot for 5000 games and then get nailed on the 5001. I've learned all those the hard way. The best way is to ignore the cancer and just play your game. If you think where arty will hit, you might as well not log in.

Cancer hits everywhere at any time. All cancer is unicum. 30% player? = unicum. There is no exception. Any cancer fucker has the ability to trash any player  by the means of luck and wg mechanics. Assuming a bad player in a clicker won't do 5k and 4 kills and win the game, is asinine. Assume they will. Every game.

Having fun yet?

depends on the map.  give me some maps you're interested and I'll put together some maptactics.

el haluf can be a bit odd as Im rarely clicked over in the new brawling corner (A1) B2 will occasionally take arty fire but not often enough to seem that all the enemy teams arty is aiming right there

earlenberg, Ive never seem a pattern on where I get clicked and dont on that map

new murovonka

People remotely familiar with arty generally aim for where people poke fight at mid-range, especially if they're poking from low cover like hills or berms. Arty is more likely to look where heavies go than where mediums go. Anything that makes targets easier to hit increases the likelihood that arty will be looking there. Good arty players will also follow spotters and scouts as the opportunities arise.

On maps like Erlenberg where arty has the ability to play an entire line, avoiding pay attention to who is getting shot, what sort of cover is around them, and if shots are landing short/long

For CGC avoiding, the closer you get to them, the safer you are. The most dangerous places are really when you're at the edge of their range and on flat ground, and not moving (ie: people that fight from K1/K0 on Sand River).

People remotely familiar with arty generally aim for where people poke fight at mid-range, especially if they're poking from low cover like hills or berms. Arty is more likely to look where heavies go than where mediums go. Anything that makes targets easier to hit increases the likelihood that arty will be looking there. Good arty players will also follow spotters and scouts as the opportunities arise.

On maps like Erlenberg where arty has the ability to play an entire line, avoiding pay attention to who is getting shot, what sort of cover is around them, and if shots are landing short/long

For CGC avoiding, the closer you get to them, the safer you are. The most dangerous places are really when you're at the edge of their range and on flat ground, and not moving (ie: people that fight from K1/K0 on Sand River).

Staying closer for less arc.. probally should have had that in mind already but it will be useful to remember

and earlenberg appears to be, hope arty doesent click you first

I aim for high traffic chokepoints, fire an shell at an illegally parked tank, relocate, hit the same guy again who had barely moved to inpound his tank for parking it in a "No Parking Zone." As for where I usually set up, it depends on which way the lemming express is running : less tanks means more damage for me.

is arty the secret to best xvm camo?

el haluf can be a bit odd as Im rarely clicked over in the new brawling corner (A1) B2 will occasionally take arty fire but not often enough to seem that all the enemy teams arty is aiming right there

earlenberg, Ive never seem a pattern on where I get clicked and dont on that map

new murovonka

the only thing that can arc there is a perfectly positioned CGC.